Library has a well-equipped Xerox facility. The users can avail of this facility on payment of a nominal charge. It has also some Audio-Visual equipment like Colour TVs, VCPs, Video-Camera, Direct Projectors, and Multimedia Projectors etc. It has also a good IT infrastructure.
The library is an institutional member of DELNET (Developing Library Network), American Center Library, Kolkata, NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning), and Current Science Association, Bangalore. It is also a beneficiary Member of INDEST-AICTE (Indian National Digital Library in Engineering, Science & Technology) Consortium, which provides Desktop Access to high quality e-resources (online journals) like IEL Online (IEEE/IEE Electronic Library), Springer Verlag’s Link, Proquest, ACM journals, ASCE, ASME, Nature Magazine, Indian Standards Intranet version)and ASTM journals & Standards etc. It has a good collection of Learning Resources. It has also a collection of several thousand E-Books on Computer Science (Published by Springer) available through our website.
Central Instrumental facilities:
PANalytical XPert Pro Basic X-ray Powder Diffraction Package with all accessories and soft wares. Offers Defect studies of Metallic Alloys including Rietveld Analsis, Phase Analysis, Chemical Analysis for both inorganic and organic specimen, Microstructural Parameters. Compatible for samples of solid flat specimens, solid powders, liquid specimen, thin films etc.
SEM with EDS Equipment:
SEM: S-3000N, HITACHI-JAPAN, EDS : THERMO-NORAN-USA, SIX-NSS 200 with PC Monitor, Softwares etc. Offers morphological and surface studies of Metallic Alloys, semi-conducting, insulating and biological samples. Chemical analysis, Phase analysis, X-ray mapping etc. on the EDS.
High Voltage Laboratory:
At present more than Eight hundred colleges provide engineering education in India . Approximately three hundred of them offer undergraduate programs in Electrical and Electronic Engineering that include High Voltage Engineering. It is mandatory as per the guidelines of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) that the laboratory facilities are to be provided for the programs which are offered by the colleges. However, very few colleges have high voltage and High Power Laboratory facilities due to the involvement of huge costs and availability of specialised faculty members as well as skilled staffs in the field of High voltage and High Power Engineering.
The ‘Computer Centre’ provides central computing facilities for the students, scholars and the teachers of the whole Institute and also offers M.Tech. on ‘High Performance Computing’ and Ph.D. on 'Computer Science'.
The Centre started as a server room in year 1986 to handle NIT Durgapur campus network. On November 11, 2002 additionally started working with new building as a central computing facility for the students, scholars, and the teachers of the whole Institute. In year 2014, started academic programs M.Tech. and Ph.D.
The research specialisations are digital image processing, image compression, quality of images, color image processing, load forecasting, bio-informatics, software engineering and agent based computing. The department maintains research environment with the dedicated and knowledgeable faculties and the well equipped laboratories with updated computing systems.
The Centre has necessary infrastructure like sufficient number of computer hardware, software, air-conditioned labs, and stabilized uninterrupted power supply. All these infrastructure are maintained by trained technical team members.>
The department has laboratories with a sizeable number of PCs and workstations running specialised engineering and scientific packages, like MATLAB, AUTOCad, STADD, IDEAS, PSpice, ANSYS, AFS, Sybase and PowerBuilder etc.
- Cls. Room
- Seminar Hall
Students Activities & Clubs
We the People of Prakriti- The Environmental Club of NIT Durgapur, strive to make a difference and inculcate the seed of awareness and action in the minds of prospective engineers to make this environment a sustainable place for every living being. Our motto is to change the notion that Engineers do not care for environment into making every individual on campus, a GreenEngineer, who minimizes the risk of pollution that might be caused with new inventions or breakthrough researches in technology.
As a club, we imbibe to the values our Mother Nature has taught us: Perseverance, Sustenance and Progress. Right from its rootage, Team Prakriti has made true those envisions of the founders of our club and crossed many milestones ever since its onset. We conduct our events throughout the year, reminding and awaking the slumbered minds, the importance of environment and its preservation.
Chat with current students of NIT Durgapur
02 Mar, 10:02 PMDeepak
Hello dear friend,how may i help you?…
17 Sep, 11:50 AMAmit Chauhan
- All residents are required to maintain standards of behavior expected of students of an Institute of National Importance. They are expected to behave courteously and fairly with everyone inside and outside the Hostels and campus.
- Boarders should keep their rooms and hostel premises clean.
- The boarder shall not cause damage to any hostel property. Total cost will be recovered from the boarders for any damage caused by them.
- Students should switch off lights, fans etc. when they are not required. No electric appliances are permitted in the hostel room.
- No student should keep any firearms, lethal weapons, poisonous things or intoxicants of any kind in the Hostel. Students must not take law into their own hands, but must report all disputes to the hostel Warden. All kinds of shouting, fighting, gambling, stealing, violent knocking, maltreating or abusing are strictly prohibited. Violations of any of the rules will entail strict disciplinary action.
- One or two rooms of each hostel may be kept reserved for guests. However, the boarders are not allowed to accommodate guests in the hostel without written permission of the hostel authorities. For guests staying up to five days, prior permission is to be obtained from the Warden. Permission of the Chief Warden is essential for guests staying for more than five days.
- Parents are not allowed to stay in the hostels. They must obtain prior permission from the Registrar to stay in the institute guesthouse.
- The boarders are not allowed to keep any pets / private servants in the hostel premises.
- The boarders are not allowed to invite undesirable elements into the hostel premises.
- The boarders are not allowed to cook in the rooms.
- The boarders are not allowed to stay overnight out of their hostels or to go out of station without prior permission of the Warden concerned.
- Any act of manhandling, group fighting, intimidation or violence, willful damage to property or drunken behavior constitutes a serious offence and shall invite sever punishment including rustication from hostel / institute.
- The boarders shall refrain from ragging the junior students in any form and violation of this will be treated as a gross misconduct and will be treated according to the law of the land regarding ragging.
- The boarders shall not indulge in any act of theft, immoral acts, misbehavior with hostel/mess staff, spread of regionalism, communalism and racism etc.
- Residents should not participate in any anti-national, antisocial or any other undesirable activity within or outside the campus.
- The boarders are expected to live in the hostel as a community and with a full sense of responsibility. They should behave with restraint and decorum and should not act in any fashion, which may cause disturbance to anybody. The boarders shall observe 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. as silence hours i.e. activity of one boarder should not affect the other boarder in any ways.
- The boarders are not allowed to take any common room or mess property into their rooms.
- The boarders are not allowed to play outdoor games other than those allowed by the Warden, in the hostel premises. It not only causes damage to the hostel property, but also disturbs the peace of the surroundings. Heavy penalty will be imposed and will be collected from all students of the hostel.
- Students are not allowed to convene any meeting in or around hostel with out the permission of Warden.
- The concerned hostel authorities may visit/inspect the rooms of boarders any time to ensure proper cleanliness and other discipline related matters.
- The boarders (boys) should report back in the hostel before 10:00 p.m. daily.