Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education for SC Students
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment implements the Scholarship Scheme of Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education for SC students. In this regard, the Government of India has recently launched a National e-Scholarship Portal (NeSP). From now onwards the said scheme will be implemented through NeSP. (www.scholarships.gov. in) The Scheme aims at recognizing and promoting quality education among students belonging to Schedule Caste, by providing full financial support. The SC students, who secure admission in the notified institutions, according to the norms prescribed by the respective institutions, will be eligible for the scholarship under the scheme to the extent of the number of scholarships allocated to the institutions concerned.
Eligibility: The ceiling of total annual family income of the student from all sources under the Scheme is Rs. 4.50 lakh. The selected students will have to register themselves and apply on-line for the Scholarship on the NeSP portal (www.scholarships.gov. in)
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship for Higher Studies 2015-16 for PG students.
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation under its Scholarship Programme awards interest-free loan scholarships to Indian students with a consistently good academic record. The scholarship amount (up to a maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs) is decided as per the assessment of the Foundation. In its endeavour to promote excellence, the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation awards merit-based, interest-free loan scholarships up to a maximum of Rs. 20 lakhs to students desiring to pursue post graduate studies at prestigious institutions in India and abroad. As part of this scholarship programme, the awardees will also have the opportunity to be a part of the mentoring programme designed specially to assist them in achieving success and excellence in their chosen fields. The objective is to create a community of scholars, where every member can draw on each other's strength and tap each other's knowledge.
The scholarships are awarded to students who wish to pursue their postgraduate studies in the fields of Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Law, Architecture and Management at prestigious Indian and international universities.
- Indian nationals residing in India.
- Students below 30 years of age.
- Graduates of a recognised university (students in the final year of a degree course and those awaiting their results are also eligible to apply).
- Students having sought admission for a postgraduate degree programme at any prestigious university for the Fall intake (Those who are awaiting a decision from a university are also eligible to apply. However, the award of the scholarship is subject to them securing admission)
Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
University Grants Commission invites online applications for the award of "Ishan Uday" Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region (NER) to students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education for the year 2014-15.
- Students with domicile of NER (North East Region) who have passed class XII or equivalent exam.
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum.
- Application in the prescribed format may be submitted only through online mode latest by (2 months from the date of publication (i.e. 1st January, 2015 of the advertisement) (non-extendable) by logging in the UGC website at www.ugc.ac.in
Documents to be submitted:
- Joining Proforma (Annexure-I)
- Certificate of income by the Competent Authority of the State Government in which the student is domiciled.
- Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
- Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages (Annexure-IV))
Contact Details of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
Address:Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba Gandhinagar