Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Loyola College Chennai, established in 1952, is an autonomous institution situated within the city of Chennai, India. Affiliated to the University of Madras, Loyola College ranks among the top five institutions in India for offering various degree programs in the stream of Commerce, Arts, Natural Sciences, Vocational and Social Sciences by the college for Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG), as well as Doctoral Programmes (Ph.D.).
Loyola College Chennai UG admission and PG admission 2022 typically commences in June-July every year. The process of admission is mainly conducted online for all the courses offered at the college. Interested candidates can download the prospectus from the official website and go through the admission formalities which are to be done at the college. All the courses under the stream of Arts, Science & Commerce are offered by the college in two shifts – Shift I (Aided) & Shift II (Self-Supporting). The timing of Shift I classes is 8:15 A.M. – 1:15 P.M. and Shift II classes is 1:30 P.M – 6:30 P.M.
Loyola College offers five specializations under BA (Shift-1) and the other four specializations under BA (Shift-2) programs for three years each. Candidates, who meet the eligibility criteria of the respective program, can apply online for Loyola College admission 2022. Check all the details about the Loyola College B.A. Admission dates, Eligibility criteria, Application form, Fees & Scholarship, and Admission process here.
Loyola College B.A. Admission Dates 2022
Admission for the academic year 2022-2023 will be conducted online only. As per the official website, the admission process for B.A. Program 2022 will begin in the month of June-July. Loyola College admissions are a two-stage process. Firstly, it releases the cut-off after the submission of application forms. Secondly, based on which merit is prepared and students are called for personal interviews.
No important dates have been released by the Loyola College Chennai yet.
Loyola College B.A. Eligibility Criteria 2022
The minimum eligibility criteria for Undergraduate courses are passing in HSC or plus two (10+2) examinations in any relevant stream from the recognized board. To apply for B.A. Economics, the candidate must have cleared 10+2 examination with economics, accountancy, commerce/business studies, and any other. For B.A. English, B.A. History, B.A. Sociology, B.A. French Lit, B.A. Tamil, the candidate must have cleared XII/any group in Plus 2 or equivalent examination followed by the Selection process. Selection to undergraduate courses is done based on merit in the qualifying examination followed by an interview.
Key points to be noted:
- For the admission process, candidates have to register within 10 days of the HSC result on the official website.
- Applicant must bring all original documents/certificates uploaded along with the application form at the time of interview for the verification process.
- The information regarding the selection of the candidate will be sent through SMS or email.
- In case, the candidate has passed the HSC examination from another board that is other than that of Tamil Nadu or have passed all degree examination from any other university than Madras University, in such case the candidate has to submit the eligibility certificate.
Loyola College B.A. Application Form 2022
Online application forms will be available on the official website (www.loyolacollege.edu) for candidates to fill up. Candidates are expected to read the instructions carefully for the registration process before filling in the online application. The candidates must read the prospectus thoroughly for all the crucial information. Fill in the details required in the online application form and submit successfully. Once the payment of the application fee is done, the application number will be auto-generated. This application number will be used for all future references. Hence, the number should be noted down safely.
Note: One-time registration is mandatory for online application with Name, Date of Birth, Contact Number (mobile number), Parent’s Contact Number, and valid Email ID along with the program they want to opt for.
Also Read:Tamil Nadu B.Arch Admission 2022
Important points you need to know:
- The cost of each application form inclusive of the processing fee is ₹150/- for undergraduate courses (UG).
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe applicants need not pay the cost of application, but paying the processing fee of ₹123/- each for UG is mandatory.
- Candidates can pay the cost of the application fee through credit card, debit card, net banking, or cash in any branch of AXIS bank (through easy pay) as per convenience. For EASY PAY in any branch of AXIS BANK, a challan should be generated and money should be paid.
- Candidates are allowed to cancel the course/s applied till they pay the cost of application/s.
- A summary will be displayed in ‘View Application Status. After the payment of the application fee, an application number will be auto-generated and the status will be available in the online portal.
- The applicant can apply for any number of courses eligible to him/her and after payment, an application number will be generated for each respectively. The applicant is allowed to take a printout of each application after the registration and payment for his/her reference.
Loyola College B.A. Fees & Scholarship 2022
The fee structure for B.A. Program 2022 is ₹34,200 for 3 years (full time) which makes the annual fees of B.A. Program 2022 is ₹11,400 for all five specializations.
Loyola College B.A. Admission Process 2022
As per the information available on the official website, the admission process for B.A. 2022 is conducted in the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Candidates can apply online for the admission process for B.A. on the official website www.loyolacollege.edu selecting the course/s they want to opt for.
Step 2: Verification of application gets processed by the system.
Step 3: An email will be sent to the candidate after the selection process.
Step 4: Uploading the required documents by the provisionally selected candidate.
Step 5: Validation; after the college processes the candidate’s application, the candidate can proceed for further online fee payment.
Step 6: The candidate can make the payment through Paytm, IOB, Credit card, Debit card, Net banking, or Cash in any branch of AXIS bank (through EASY PAY) and other specific modes.
Step 7: Department number, official email ID, and online student ID card will be issued by the college.
Step 8: The schedule for online classes will be sent on the candidate’s institutional email ID.
Step 9: Classes will begin on the defined date mentioned by the college and for any further information or query, the candidate can contact the HoD.
Step 10: At last, the candidate submits the required original documents to the college in person.
For more news/articles and updates related to B.A. Admission 2022, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.