Admission Open for session 2019
The eco-friendly picturesque campus is spread across 30 acres of land situated on the banks of River Nethravathi and adjacent to Mangalore-Bangalore National Highway. It is located at a distance of 7 kms from the port city of Mangalore, a popular education hub. It is well connected by road, air and train to all the major cities of India. The Campus is rightly named 'Sahyadri,' which means the Western Ghats and is surrounded by green hills and river.
The campus is aesthetically constructed in the court yard system, with spacious classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, Central Library, all modern acoustic facilities, beautifully designed food court and well developed sports ground with 400 meters athletic track, gymnasium, Hostel etc.
The College is one among the few who can take pride in having a dedicated department for research, analyzing and developing effective methods of imparting quality education. The high quality teaching offered at Sahyadri is well complemented by the state-of the-art infrastructure and modern facilities like Government Research Center, Incubation, Placement & Training Center, Sahyadri Center for Social Innovation which includes Hands-on Experience Lab, Life Science Lab, Innovation Lab, and Makers Space. Sahyadri has started an Entrepreneurship Cell to ignite the creative thinking of students towards innovation and thereby mentoring them to become successful entrepreneurs by providing the right entrepreneurial ecosystem, with student start ups.
Area 30 Acres
Buit up area 30 Acres
Sports Grounds 2
- Academic Zone
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
- Medical Facilities
- Cls. Room
- Practical Labs
- Residential Institute
- Residential Faculty Zone
- Seminar Hall
Interested in this college?
Students Activities & Clubs
A group of students from Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management, Challengers are the bunch of people from different Engineering branches. In a span of just 3years they have set a several milestones & each of its achievement come with its own story of success. Challenges are totally dedicated towards their work.
- Aerophilia is a two day National Level Aeromodelling Competition Oraganized by Team Challengers of Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru and supported by Aerotrix India.
- The event was first conducted in the month of May 2016 and the participants were PG,UG students from IIT's, NIT's and various college students from all over India. The highlights of the event were eminent guests from University of Texas and DRDO, Airshow by renowned flyers of the Nation.
- Aerophilia 2017 gives wings to innovative thinking to aero modelling enthusiasts thereby igniting the passion for the future of Aeronautics. The motive behind organizing such a competition is to spread and teach the young talented minds to explore the new era of aeronautics to foster development of the nation.
Sahyadri Edu Dreamers R&D Pvt. Ltd. (DTLabz) is a technical space provided with major resources to help the enthusiasts realize their dreams through technology. The lab also nurtures young minds through frequent guidance from the engineers and also helps in solving problems faced in the process. At DTlabz, we believe that every individual gets ideas worth solving problem of individuals, but they lack guidance, support and resources. Thus DTlabz emphasizes on step by step process that every individual must go through in order to thoroughly enjoy the implementation of their ideas.
It is a club started by the students for the students. the name oratocrats is an amalgamation of two words , Orato for orators and cratz for experts. hence the name oratocrats stands for excellent speakers.the club has a tagline “ forum for future leaders” and club firmly belives in its tagline and strives towards giving leaders to our nation. Running in its 6th successful year .the club meets every Saturday afternoon and conducts session on varied topics ranging from science fiction to travel, from food to Dreams etc. A typical session consists of table-talks, prepared speeches, educative games, debates and more.the complete working of the club is overlooked by students.
- Oratocrats club also organizes one dish party(where each member bought a dish),Mock court etc which are highly appreciated by all along with our normal weekly sessions.
- Members of our club won various inter college debate competitions held all over our India and made a name for themselves in debate.and we are also proud to say our members were runners –up in 2011,winners in 2012,runners in2013,finalists in 2014,semi-finalists in 2015 and 2016 at verbattle ,a renowned state level debate competition.
- Our members Danush Hegde and Vinay Raghavan won 2nd place in regional finals of TCS-TechBytes Quiz.
- Our members organized various events like General Quiz, Technical Quiz, Harry Potter Quiz, SPENT Quiz,Debate,laughter challenge and Bluffmaster as a part of Eximius 2.0 an inter college techno cultural management fest.
- Club organizes hobby week during which competitions like cook without fire, poem writing, mehandi, nail art, rangoli, mobile photography etc are held. The week culminated with wired day where prizes were given away for tallest, fattest, thinnest, long haired, short haired boy and girl. It was a fulfilled day were everybody enjoyed without inhibitions. a new concept of take a gift-steal a gift was also held that day.
- A sub group of oratocratz , Manthana (our walk toward change) , a group of likeminded shyadrians this forum brings together all the members of various clubs to work under one roof for activities pertaining to our college social responsibilities was formed in 2014.
- Few major events conducted by Manthana are 4 day summer camp for Government school children of meremajal village, a day at oldage home, meremajal village adoption planning for over all development of the village, being a part of makala grama sabha, celebration of world earth day, and Electoral awareness Campaign through street plays and songs at faranfgipet, meremajal, Bramarakotlu toll gate, B.C.Road etc. this awareness program was done extensively for our students too.
- Giving away cloths to poor needy laborers on world laborer day, plant and seed gifting, continued visits to oldage home, development work of meremajal village especially improving facilities of government schools are few upcoming events planned by Manthan.
- A 3 day adventure camp is planned to be conducted during this semester vacations for selected students as a part of activities of club.
- In the year 2015 our club was registered as a toastmasters gavel club. we are happy that we could do our bit for the betterment of our society.
Mozilla’s mission is to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. A Mozilla University & College Club is a group of students with a passion for technology who meet regularly to advance this mission by building and innovating on open source projects that keep the web open.
Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management would be the Regional Centre for Mozilla Club under which all the campus club captains in various colleges in our region, work as a single decentralized team for Mozilla Club; who would all be united by the mission and work towards a single goal for the spread of Mozilla Mission.
Currently, there 10+ colleges in around Mangalore has active Mozilla campus club and all this campus club fall under Mozilla Club Mangalore which is situated in Sahyadri College.