Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Telangana B.Tech admission process is organised by JNTU (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University) Hyderabad on behalf of TSCHE (Telangana State Council for Higher Education). A state-level Computer-Based Test (CBT) is conducted for B.Tech admission in Telangana by TSCHE every year. The B.Tech admissions in Telangana engineering colleges are purely based on merit. Every year, at least 2 lakh students appear for the state-level engineering entrance exam, and the competition for B.Tech admission in Telangana is moderate. Intermediate second-year students who are aspiring to pursue B.Tech in Telangana must clear the entrance test to secure admission. Students can check all the details about Telangana B.Tech admissions such as B.Tech admission dates of Telangana, eligibility criteria for B.Tech courses in Telangana, selection process and other details here.
About Telangana B.Tech Admissions 2020
B. Tech admission process in Telangana for the academic session 2020-21 begins with the commencement of the online application process for the state-level engineering entrance exam. After the announcement of engineering entrance exam results, TSCHE initiates the web counselling process for Telangana B.Tech admissions. Guidelines for web counselling process is released by TSCHE after the announcement of entrance exam results. TSCHE will create a separate website of Telangana B.Tech counselling process. More details are available here.
Entrance Exams Accepted by Telangana Engineering Colleges 2020
Most of the Telangana private engineering colleges accept TS EAMCET score for B.Tech admissions. On the other hand, there are only a few colleges that admit students based on the JEE Main score. However, admission through JEE Main score is acceptable only for non-Telangana and non-Andhra Pradesh students. Students aspiring to secure B.Tech admission in Telangana government engineering colleges must clear TS EAMCET to secure admission. Similarly, TS EAMCET score is mandatory for state quota B.Tech admissions. Andhra Pradesh engineering aspirants can also appear for TS EAMCET exam.
Telangana B.Tech Admission Dates 2020
The admission dates for B.Tech admission in Telangana are as follows -
|TS EAMCET Exam Date 2020||Postponed|
|TS EAMCET Results Date||To be Notified|
|TS EAMCET Counselling Date||To be Notified|
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admission in Andhra Pradesh 2020
Telangana engineering aspirants can secure B.Tech admission in Telangana engineering colleges if they satisfy the following requirements or eligibility criteria –
Basic Requirements: Telangana engineering aspirants must be the citizens of India and must be from the state of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Both Telugu-speaking states students can apply for the B.Tech admission in Telangana until 2020.
Age Limit: For B.Tech admission in Telangana, the applicants must have completed 16 years of age as on December 31of the admission year. There is no specific upper age limit for B.Tech admission in Telangana.
Academic Qualification: For B.Tech course in Telangana, students must have passed Intermediate (+2) with 40-45% of marks. Students must have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as the main subjects at the intermediate level. Only these students can take B.Tech admission in Telangana.
Local Status of Students Migrated from Andhra Pradesh to Telangana and Vice-Versa: A student who migrated to Telangana from Andhra Pradesh after June 02, 2014, shall be regarded as a local candidate in Telangana. However, the above rule is applicable until July 01, 2021. Therefore, migrated students must note that the above rule is applicable for Telangana B.Tech admissions 2020 & 2021. Such candidates must submit the relevant documents prescribed by TSCHE. The official website of TS EAMCET will have proforma of documents that must be submitted by these candidates.
On the other hand, students who migrated from Andhra Pradesh to Telangana after June 02, 2014, can appear for TS EAMCET.
Telangana Engineering (B.Tech/ B.E) Admission Procedure 2020
Students who appeared for TS EAMCET exam must score minimum qualifying marks to be considered for Telangana B.Tech admission procedure. The stages involved in Telangana B.Tech admission procedure are given below.
Qualifying Marks for TS EAMCET 2020: General category candidates must score at least 25% of marks in TS EAMCET so that they will be considered for the admission procedure. The names of these candidates will be included in the TS EAMCET merit list. For reserved category students such as SC and ST, there is no minimum qualifying mark in TS EAMCET. However, reserved category candidates must secure a non-zero positive score in TS EAMCET exam. Such candidates will be considered for the admission process.
TS EAMCET Ranking Procedure: In order to register for Telangana B.Tech counselling process, the candidates must have a valid TS EAMCET rank. A rank is allocated to candidates based on his/her normalised score in TS EAMCET. While preparing normalised score of TS EAMCET, TSCHE gives 25% weightage to the marks scored by candidates in Intermediate and 75% weightage to marks secured by candidates in TS EAMCET. TS EAMCET rank is valid for engineering admission in Telangana.
B.Tech (TS EAMCET) Merit List: TSCHE will come up with a merit list of candidates who cleared TS EAMCET exam as per the minimum qualifying marks specified by the admission authority.
If there is a tie in the normalised marks of two or more candidates, the issued will be sorted out by the admission authority as follows –
- Firstly, the total score secured by candidates in TS EAMCET will be taken into consideration, and the candidates who secure a higher score will be placed higher in the merit list than other candidates.
- If the tie continues after applying the above rule, total marks scored in Physics/ Mathematics at the Intermediate level will be taken into consideration.
- If the tie still continues after applying the above two rules, aggregate marks scored by candidates at intermediates level will be considered.
- If the tie still persists after applying the above three rules, the older candidate will be given preference over the younger.
Documents Required for B.Tech Admission in Telangana
The candidates must carry the following documents to the counselling –
- TS EAMCET Rank Card
- TS EAMCET Admit Card
- Intermediate Mark Sheet/ Certificate
- Class 10 Certificate
- Domicile Certificate (If necessary)
- Caste Certificate (if necessary)
- Counselling Fee Payment Receipt
- Income Certificate (if necessary)
Telangana B.Tech Counselling Process 2020
Candidates with a valid TS EAMCET rank can participate in the Telangana B.Tech counselling process. The Telangana B.Tech counselling procedure has different stages and the entire procedure is centralised. The stages involved in Telangana B.Tech counselling process are explained below.
Counselling Processing Fee Payment: The preliminary stage in Telangana B.Tech counselling process is the payment of counselling processing fee. For general category candidates, the counselling processing fee is Rs. 1,200 while SC/ ST category students will have to pay Rs. 600. The counselling processing fee can be paid by using a credit card, debit card or internet banking. Follow the below steps to pay the counselling processing fee –
- TSCHE creates a separate website for Telangana B.Tech counselling process, and students will have to visit that website to pay the counselling processing fee.
- There will be a link on the official website that indicates ‘Processing Fee Payment’. Click on the link
- You will have to enter TS EAMCET Hall Ticket Number and TS EAMCET Rank. Now, enter the Captcha.
- There will be a button that indicates ‘Pay Fee Online’, and click on the button.
- You will see the payment gateway on the screen.
- Pay the fee.
- After counselling fee payment, you will receive an SMS confirming your payment. You must not delete the SMS.
- You must take the printout of fee payment receipt.
Document Verification: Verification of certificates is the important stage in the counselling process, as candidates will receive Login ID for exercising web options. The process of document verification takes place at the nearest helpline centre as follows –
Process/ Activity at the Helpline Centre:
- Students who paid counselling processing fee must be present at the helpline centre on the specified date and time.
- At the entrance, handover printout of your TS EAMCET rank card to the officer seated over there.
- Proceed to the registration hall and wait for the announcement.
- The ranks will be announced, and if your rank is announced, you can proceed to the Registration Desk.
- At the registration desk, you will have to submit the counselling fee payment receipt or show the SMS to the registration officer.
- The computer operator at the registration desk will provide you with Registration cum Verification Form.
- Please crosscheck the details in the form and sign wherever necessary.
- Submit the form and wait for the further announcement.
Certificate Verification: When an announcement made, proceed to the certificate verification counter. The certificates will be verified by the officers, and they will issue an acknowledgement after the verification. The candidates will receive Login ID and Password for exercising web options on their mobile phones via SMS.
Exercising Web Options: Exercising options on the official website TS EAMCET counselling involves different stages such as –
- Open the official website of TS EAMCET counselling.
- Click on the option ‘Candidate Registration’.
- Enter the Login ID, EAMCET Rank, Hall Ticket Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on the button ‘Generate Password’.
- You will receive a password on your mobile phone via SMS.
- Enter the password and proceed to the next stage.
- The next stage after registration is option entry.
- Click on the button that indicates ‘Display Option Entry’.
- A list of colleges and courses will be displayed as per your selection of district.
- You must choose colleges by giving preferences in the form of numbers like 1,2,3,4...
- After entering options, click on ‘Confirm and Logout’.
- Your options will be saved for seat allotment.
Telangana B.Tech Selection Process 2020
Selection of candidates for B.Tech admissions in Telangana is based on normalised score and rank secured by the candidates in TS EAMCET. Reservation policies of state government will apply to B.Tech selection process of Telangana. Reserved categories will have a specific share of seats in the selection process (Refer admission process section for complete details).
Telangana B.Tech Seat Allotment 2020
The B.Tech seat allotment procedure in Telangana is as follows –
- Options entered or filled by the candidates is the major aspect of seat allotment.
- The seat allocation is made based on the option entry form submitted by the candidates, course preferred, opening and closing ranks of colleges and availability of seats.
- If the candidate does not secure a seat in the first round, he/ she must exercise options in the second round.
- If the candidate wants an up-gradation in the seat allotment, he/she can decline the allotment and participate in subsequent rounds of the admission process.
- If you accept the seat, download the seat allotment letter and report to the college on or before the specified date.
Note: - The process specified above is applicable to state quota seats, i.e., Category – A seats. Management quota seats come under Category – B, and institutes will conduct their own admission process for the same.
Telangana B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2020
The reservation policies of the Telangana government are applicable to B.Tech admissions in Telangana. A specific amount of B.Tech seats in government and private engineering colleges are allotted for reserved categories. TSCHE has the authority to fill 100% of seats in government engineering colleges and 70% of seats in private engineering colleges through Centralised Counselling Process.
Also Read: Rajasthan B.Tech Admissions 2020
Telangana B.Tech Seat Matrix 2020
Telangana State Board of Technical Education & Training (TSBTET) has released the official details about the total number of seats available in government and private engineering colleges across the state. The official seat matrix of Telangana engineering colleges can be checked below.
|College Type||Total No. of Colleges||Total No. of Seats|
|Government Engineering Colleges||14||3,055|
|Private Engineering Colleges||200||1,05,120|
Top B.Tech Colleges in Telangana 2020
Almost all the private engineering colleges participate in Telangana B.Tech centralised or web counselling process to fill 70% of seats in engineering courses. Some of the top B.Tech colleges in Telangana are –
Name of the College
Approximate Tuition Fees Per Annum
|Aurora's Engineering College||List of Courses and Fee|
|KL University (Deemed)||List of Courses and Fee|
Geetanjali College of Engineering and Technology
Jagruthi Institute of Engineering and Technology
For more colleges, click on the link below –
For the latest Telangana B.Tech admissions 2020 updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.