- About Gujarat B.Tech Admissions 2020
- Gujarat Engineering Admission (Counselling) Import..
- Entrance Exams Accepted by Gujarat Engineering Col..
- Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admission in Gujar..
- Gujarat Engineering (B.Tech/ B.E) Admission and Se..
- Gujarat B.Tech Counselling Process 2020
- Gujarat B.Tech Seat Allotment Process 2020
- Gujarat B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2020
- Documents Required for B.Tech Admission in Gujarat
- Top B.Tech Colleges in Gujarat 2020
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The B.Tech admission process in Gujarat for the academic session 2020-21 is underway, and the first seat allotment list will be released on October 03, 2020. The Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) Gujarat is responsible for conducting the Gujarat B.Tech admission process. Gujarat is one of the popular states for pursuing B.Tech/ B.E, and there are numerous engineering colleges that offer different specialisations in UG engineering courses. Sudents from other states can also pursue B.Tech in Gujarat private engineering colleges, and a specific percentage of seats are reserved for such students. Admissions for B.Tech courses in Gujarat are completely based on the merit of the candidates. All the details about Gujarat B.Tech admissions such as counselling dates for B.Tech admissions in Gujarat, the application process for B.Tech counselling, eligibility criteria for Gujarat B.Tech admission and selection process can be checked here.
About Gujarat B.Tech Admissions 2020
B. Tech admission process in Gujarat for the academic session 2020 has commenced. Gujarat Board Class 12 and state-level engineering entrance exam result 2020 can be expected in July. After the announcement of these results, ACPC Gujarat will initiate the process for B.Tech counselling process. B. Tech aspirants of Gujarat must note that clearing entrance test is mandatory to secure B.Tech admission in Gujarat. 5% of seats in all engineering colleges across the state are applicable for students who apply under Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) scheme. In all, there is an adequate number of options for engineering aspirants in terms of the number of engineering colleges across the state.
ACPC has the authority to fill 100% of seats in Government Engineering Colleges and 50% of seats in Private Engineering Colleges across the state.
Gujarat Engineering Admission (Counselling) Important Dates 2020
The 2020 dates for Gujarat B.Tech admission have been delayed due to the Coronavirus outbreak and delay in conducting the GUJCET exam. Students must have a complete idea of B.Tech admission dates of Gujarat. As the official Gujarat B.Tech counselling/ admission dates are not yet announced, students can check the tentative schedule of GUJCET/ Gujarat B.Tech counselling process 2020 here.
Online registration last date
September 11, 2020
Deadline for the submission of correction
September 11, 2020
Seat matrix announcement
September 17, 2020
Provisional merit list release date
September 18, 2020
Choice filling for mock round
September 18 to 22, 2020
Mock round results announcement
September 25, 2020
Final merit list announcement
September 25, 2020
Filling or altering choices for Round 1 (actual admission)
September 25 to 30, 2020
First allotment list availability
October 03, 2020
Depositing tuition fee and admission confirmation
October 03 to 08, 2020
B.Tech admission counselling Round 2
October 15, 2020
Entrance Exams Accepted by Gujarat Engineering Colleges 2020
GUJCET (Gujarat Common Entrance Test) is an entrance exam conducted by Gujarat Board of Secondary and Higher Education for admission in professional courses. B. Tech aspirants of Gujarat must clear GUJCET exam to secure admission in Gujarat engineering colleges. The GUJCET entrance test is conducted on March 31, 2020. Class 12 students can appear for GUJCET for B.Tech admission. Students aspiring for B.Tech admission under state quota of Gujarat must clear GUJCET.
Private engineering colleges in Gujarat reserve 5% of seats for other state students, and these students must have a valid JEE Main score to secure admission. These students can only seek admission under management quota of private engineering colleges.
Students who have neither GUJCET nor JEE Main score can apply for B.Tech admission through management quota of private engineering colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admission in Gujarat 2020
For Gujarat B.Tech admissions, the candidates must satisfy the below eligibility criteria to seek admission –
Also Read: Telangana B.Tech Admissions 2019
Gujarat Engineering (B.Tech/ B.E) Admission and Selection Procedure 2020
Gujarat B.Tech/ B.E admission process is completely online, and the admission committee for professional courses is responsible for conducting admission process for engineering courses in Gujarat. The admission procedure for B.Tech courses in Gujarat involves the following stages –
Merit Preparation: The admission authority prepares a merit list of candidates who have submitted an online application form for Gujarat B.Tech counselling process. The merit list prepared as follows –
- While preparing GUJCET merit list, 60% weightage will be applied to percentile scored by candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of Class 12.
- Secondly, 40% weightage will be applied to percentile scored by candidates in GUJCET exam.
- By considering the above factors, the admission authority prepares a Common Merit List for Gujarat B.Tech admissions.
Tie-Breaking Norms: If two or more candidates score equal or similar merit marks, the percentage scored by candidates in the following qualifying exams shall be considered for tie-breaking. The tie-break rules are applicable to following exams in sequential order –
- Physics and Mathematics subjects of Class 12
- Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of Class 12
- Physics and Chemistry
- Aggregate Marks in Class 12
Finally, the admission committee comes up with Gujarat B.Tech admission merit list that includes the name of candidates who are eligible for Gujarat B.Tech counselling process. Candidates who featured in the merit list of GUJCET must take part in the counselling process.
Gujarat B.Tech Counselling Process 2020
GUJCET score is mandatory to participate in B.Tech counselling procedure. Gujarat B.Tech counselling process is conducted in online mode by Admission Committee for professional courses. The B.Tech counselling process of Gujarat comprises of different stages. Check the details below –
Obtaining Information Booklet and PIN: The candidates who wish to participate in Gujarat B.Tech counselling process must visit the nearest branch of Kotak Mahindra Bank to purchase Information booklet and PIN. Students have to pay Rs. 350 for the same at the bank.
- Opened the website mentioned in the Information Booklet of GUJCET counselling or Gujarat B.Tech admissions.
- Click on the link that indicates ‘Click Here for New Registration’.
- A new page will display on the screen
- Select the course name as ‘Degree Engineering’
- Now, enter GUJCET Roll Number, Application Number of GUJCET, Name of the Candidate, PIN (14-Digit PIN Printed on Information Booklet), Serial Nu7mber Provided with the PIN.
- Verify the above details and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Now, the online registration window or the page will appear on the screen.
- Fill up the required personal details, create Login ID (Login ID should be GUJCET Roll Number) and create and six-digit alphanumeric password.
- Click on the ‘Confirm Password’ button.
- Now, a page will flash on the screen where details entered by you in the online registration form will be available.
- Verify the details
- Click on the ‘I Accept’ button followed by ‘Submit’.
- Confirm the registration details and take the printout of the registration form.
Verification of Documents: Candidates registered for counselling process under TFW category, SC/ ST/ SEBC/ PH/ DS category must visit the nearest helpline centre for registration confirmation with a printout of the registration form and self-attested copies of required documents. The verification officer shall retain the original documents and issue a receipt to the candidates. The candidates must collect the ‘Registration Slip’ from the helpline centre.
Publication of Provisional Merit Number/ Merit List: ACPC will publish a provisional merit number or rank of candidates on the official website. Candidates can log in and check their rank or merit number. Candidates who are allocated rank or merit number will be considered for choice filling and admission.
Online Choice Filling:
- For filling up the choices, the candidates must visit the official website mentioned in the information booklet.
- Enter the login details after opening the website.
- Now, the candidates can see choices as per his/ her eligibility.
- There will be so many options available, and the candidates can sort them accordingly.
- After the name of the college, candidates can find ‘Add’ button.
- Add preferences as per your requirements and there is no limit on the number of choices filled by the candidates.
- The candidates can shift the choices up and down through the option called ‘Move Choice Function’.
- Candidates can interchange two choice priorities for ‘Swap Choice Function’.
- After filling the choices, click on ‘Save and Exit’.
- Now, click on ‘Lock Choices’ to confirm your choice entry.
- Candidates can modify choices within the specified dates.
The primary stages of GUJCET counselling process end with online choice filling. The next stage is the seat allotment.
Gujarat B.Tech Seat Allotment Process 2020
In order to enable the candidates to give an idea of seat allotment, ACPC releases the mock allotment so that students can modify their choices as per the requirement. The stages involved in Gujarat B.Tech seat allotment process are given below.
Mock Allotment: Mock round/ allotment is a trial procedure to have an awareness of choice filling procedure and seat allotment procedure. The mock allotment will also help the candidates to know the availability of the institute or course as per his/ her merit. The candidates can check the mock allotment on the official website. Now, the candidates can fill the actual choices or modify the existing choices for the final allotment.
Final Allotment: There is no guarantee that the mock allotment results and final allotment results will be the same. ACPC has released round 2 seat allotment results on the official website. Candidates must log in and check the seat allotment. Students who have been allotted seats and want to accept the seat with/ without upgrade need to confirm their admission by paying the fees. All such candidates have to download the admission slip from candidate login and pay the required fees.
Admission Confirmation: If the candidate gets a seat, he/ she must download the Information Letter and Bank Challan to deposit the tuition fees. The candidates must visit the designated bank to deposit the tuition fee for first-year B.Tech course. The candidates can also pay the fees in online mode by using credit card/ debit card or internet banking. After fee payment, the candidates must take the printout of admission slip.
The candidates who get seat against their priority can decline the seat allotment and take part in the next round of admission process.
Reporting to College: After admission confirmation, the candidates must visit the respective college with all the relevant documents.
Gujarat B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2020
The reservation policies of state government for certain categories of students are applicable to Gujarat B.Tech admissions 2020. 50% of B.Tech seats available under state quota are reserved for general category while rest of the seats are reserved for different categories that come under reservation policies of the state government.
Documents Required for B.Tech Admission in Gujarat
The candidates must produce the following documents at the time of admission –
- Class 10 &12 Certificate
- GUJCET Mark Sheet
- TC (Transfer Certificate)
- Passport Size Photographs ( at least 4)
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Income Certificate (if required)
- Domicile Certificate (if required)
- Printout of Registration Form (counselling registration form)
Also Read: Andhra Pradesh B.Tech Admissions 2020
Top B.Tech Colleges in Gujarat 2020
Around 130 government and private engineering colleges in Gujarat participate in B.Tech counselling process conducted by Admission Committee for Professional Courses. Here is the list of some of the top B.Tech colleges in Gujarat –
Name of the College
Approximate Tuition Fees for Annum
Click on the link below to view more colleges:
For the latest updates on Gujarat engineering admissions 2020, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.