Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test for B.Tech admissions (JKCET 2019) is conducted by the Board of Professional Entrance Examinations. Every year, thousands of aspirants appear for B.Tech admission in Jammu and Kashmir. Some private engineering colleges in Jammu and Kashmir offer admission by following their own entrance exam method. However, for the majority of government or private colleges the admission in B.Tech programme is done via Jammu & Kashmir engineering college entrance exams in 2019. Through this article, students will get to know details about B.Tech Admissions in Jammu & Kashmir 2019 here.
About Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech Admissions 2019
B.Tech admissions in Jammu and Kashmir for the 2019-20 academic session will start in the third week of April in offline mode. JKCET is conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE). The admission to the B.Tech colleges in Jammu and Kashmir is on the basis of JKCET 2019. The application forms for JKCET 2019 is likely to be released in the first week of February. Once the JKCET 2019 concludes, the board will publish the answer key for the same. Candidates who will qualify for the same will be a further part of counselling and seat allotment process.
Entrance Exams Accepted by Jammu and Kashmir Engineering Colleges 2019
Jammu and Kashmir engineering colleges accept both state-level and national-level entrance test scores for admission to engineering programmes. For Jammu and Kashmir engineering 2019, students can appear in the following entrance examinations:
- Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test - JKCET
- Joint Entrance Examination - JEE Main
BOPEE conducts JKCET exam every year in the month of April. The application process for JKCET starts in February. Most of the government and private engineering colleges in J&K accept JKCET score for B.Tech admissions.
Students who have a valid JEE Mains score and can register for B.Tech admissions in Jammu and Kashmir. Many colleges in J&K consider JEE Mains score for B.Tech admissions.
Also Read: All About West Bengal B.Tech Admissions 2019
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admission in Jammu and Kashmir 2019
Check out the eligibility for B.Tech Admissions in Jammu and Kashmir here:
- The candidate must be the citizens of India.
- Applicants must have a domicile of Jammu and Kashmir
- Candidates must be 17 of years on or before 31st December 2019.
- Candidates must have passed their class 12th or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English as mandatory subjects.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50 % marks in class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board
- Reserved candidates (SC/ST/PwD), must have 40 % marks in the 12th or equivalent examination
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering Important Dates 2019:
Jammu and Kashmir engineering admission process will start in the last week of February. As the official Jammu and Kashmir engineering admissions date 2019 are out yet. Students can check the tentative schedule here. The official Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech admission date 2019 will be updated here soon.
|Important Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Start Date of Application||1st Week of February 2019|
|Last date to Submit Application Form||3rd Week of March 2019|
|Last date to Pay JKCET Application Fee||3rd week of March 2019|
|Release of JKCET Admit Card||2nd Week of April 2019|
|JKCET 2019||2nd Week of April 2019|
|Release of JKCET Answer Key||3rd Week of April 2019|
|Declaration of JKCET 2019 Result||2nd Week of May 2019|
|Commencement of counselling registration (for round-1)||3rd Week of May 2019|
|JKCET Round 2 of Counselling||3rd Week of July 2019|
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech) Admission and Selection Procedure 2019
The admission and selection procedure for Jammu & Kashmir B.Tech admissions is as follows -
- The Jammu and Kashmir Engineering admissions are done on the basis of the centralized counselling process. Counselling is the most crucial part of the admission to B.Tech colleges in Jammu and Kashmir.
- To participate in Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech counselling process, it is mandatory for candidates to pay the counselling fee.
- Candidates must come for the counselling along with all the original documents, payment receipt of Rs.1200 and JKCET admit card.
- The counselling fee of Rs.1200 has to be paid at the POS of the board office. It is located both in Jammu and Srinagar. The fee can also be paid through the swipe machine available at BOPEE office at Jammu and Srinagar.
- Seat allotment will be done on the basis of the candidates rank and choices filled by the candidates and the number of seats available in participating colleges.
- The JKCET 2019 will be organised at the centres approved by the board in cities of Jammu and Kashmir only.
- Exam centres will be allotted to the candidates by the board and the information regarding the same will be provided on the admit cards.
- The exam centre once allotted to the candidates cannot be changed and the medium of the JKCET 2019 is English only.
- The merit list for the same will be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the class 12th by the candidates if the entrance examination is not conducted by the board due to some reason.
- If the entrance examination is conducted by the board, the selection of candidates for admission to the programme will depend on their performance at the entrance test and eligibility.
Documents Required for Jammu and Kashmir B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2019
The following documents are required for Jammu & Kashmir B.Tech Admissions -
- Jammu and Kashmir Domicile Certificate (State Subject)
- Class 10th and Class 12 Marksheets and Passing Certificate
- JKCET Admit Card
- JKCET Score Card
- Class 10th and 12th Migration and Transfer Certificate
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) Procedure for Online Counselling 2019
The online counselling procedure for Jammu & Kashmir B.Tech admissions 2019 is as follows -
- Candidates who have qualified the JKCET 2019 and their names are published in the State Merit List shall be eligible to participate in the online counselling process. However, candidates must first submit the documents/certificates asked by the board.
- The candidates will have to fill in online preference forms, as per the schedule.
- The candidates will be provided with enough to conduct mock exercises so that they can fill in the online choices.
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) Procedure for Offline/Physical Counselling 2019
The offline or physical counselling procedure for Jammu & Kashmir B.Tech admissions is as follows -
- Candidates who have qualified the JKCET 2019 and their names are present in the State Merit List can participate in the Physical counselling. But first, all the candidates have to submit the required documents/proof mentioned by the board.
- Such candidates will be required to fill in the preference forms as per the schedule of the Board.
- The candidates will have to pay counselling fee of Rs.1200 to be a further part of the allotment of seat.
- The procedure for allotment of the seat will be on the basis of merit.
- After completion of the 1st round of counselling board will issue an official notification indicating the allotment of seats.
- A candidate who has been allotted seats in the 1st round of counselling and is looking forward to a better choice must initially accept the same and join the college.
- Seat which is allotted to such a candidate who does not join the college after seat allotment will be considered vacant.
- Such a vacant seat will be allotted in next round of admission process within the given period.
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) 2nd Round Counselling -Upgradation/Allotment Round 2019
Candidates who are willing to upgrade seat allotment can take part in second round of counselling process for Jammu & Kashmir B.Tech admissions. More details can be checked below -
- The board will conduct the 2nd round of counselling if there are still vacant seats after the first round. The candidate that will be eligible for J&K B.Tech 2nd round of counselling are:
- Candidates who participated in the first round of counselling but were unable to secure a seat due to SNA or CNA.
- Depending upon the number of seats available BOPEE may allow additional candidates to participate in the 2nd round.
- Candidates that are eligible to participate in the upgradation/ 2nd counselling process will have to indicate the fresh preferences for the seats.
- The preferences indicated by the candidates earlier during the first round of counselling will not be considered for the upgradation round.
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) 3rd Round Counselling 2019
- The Board may so conduct the 3rd round of online counselling if the seats are lying vacant even after the 2nd round of counselling.
- The candidates who did not join the college on allotment of a seat after the first round of counselling or even after the 2nd round of counselling upgradation of seat/allotment of seats cannot be a part of this round of counselling.
- Candidates who were upgraded during 2nd round and joined the institute are also not eligible to participate in the third round of counselling.
Conversion of Category Seats
In case any category seat remains vacant even after the upgradation/counselling rounds the same shall be de-reserved and filled up from the OM candidates through the process of physical counselling. The revised seat matrix shall be notified accordingly and candidates willing and eligible to participate in the counselling shall be required to fill preference forms against the seats notified.
Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2019
The Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech admission reservation policy is applicable only government colleges and institutions in the states. Check out the J&K B.Tech admission reservation policy is here:
|Category||Reservation Policy (in percentage)|
|Resident of Backward Area||20%|
|Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal||6%|
|Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District||2%|
|Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) -State Subjects only||3%|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control -ALC||3%|
|Other Scheduled Tribes||2%|
Top B.Tech Colleges in Jammu and Kashmir
Check out the list of some of the top B.Tech engineering colleges in Jammu and Kashmir here. The list includes popular B.Tech specialization offered in engineering colleges along with the total number of seats offered:-
|College Name||B.Tech Specializations Offered||Total Seats Offered/Student Intake|
|Model Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET), Jammu||Civil, E&C, Computer, Electrical, IT||420|
|E&C, Mechanical Computer, Electrical, IT||300|
|Govt. College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu||Civil, E&C, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical||420|
|SSM College of Engineering, Pattan, Kashmir||Civil, Mechanical, E&C, Computer, Electrical||600|
|Civil, Mechanical, IT, Computer, Electrical||420|
Check out the complete list of Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech colleges here.
Stay tuned to Collegedekho for more updates on J&K B.Tech Admissions.