- B.Tech Admission in Jammu & Kashmir Dates 2022
- Entrance Exams Accepted by Jammu and Kashmir Engineering Colleges 2022
- Eligibility Criteria of B.Tech Admission in Jammu and Kashmir 2022
- Jammu and Kashmir Engineering Admission Procedure 2022
- Documents Required for Jammu and Kashmir B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2022
- Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) Procedure for Online Counselling 2022
- Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) Procedure for Offline/Physical Counselling 2022
- Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) 2nd Round Counselling - Upgradation/Allotment …
- Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) 3rd Round Counselling 2022
- Conversion of Category Seats
- Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2022
- Top Engineering Colleges in Jammu and Kashmir 2022
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test for B.Tech admission (JKCET 2022) is conducted by the Board of Professional Entrance Examinations. Every year, thousands of aspirants appear for B.Tech admission in Jammu and Kashmir. Some private engineering colleges in Jammu & Kashmir offer admission by following their own entrance exam method. However, for the majority of government or private colleges the admission in the B.Tech programme is done via Jammu & Kashmir engineering college entrance exams in 2022. Through this article, students will get to know details about B.Tech Admissions in Jammu & Kashmir 2022 here.
B. Tech admissions in Jammu and Kashmir for the 2022-23 academic session has commenced from March 17, 2022. JKCET is conducted by the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE). The admission to the B.Tech colleges in Jammu and Kashmir is on the basis of JKCET 2022. The application form of JKCET 2022 has been closed on April 7, 2022. Once the JKCET 2022 concludes, the board will publish the answer key for the same. Candidates who will qualify for the same will be a further part of the counselling and seat allotment process.
B.Tech Admission in Jammu & Kashmir Dates 2022
Jammu and Kashmir engineering admission process has commenced from March 17, 2022. Candidates can check the tentative schedule of Jammu and Kashmir engineering admissions 2022 here. The official Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech admission date 2022 will be updated here soon.
|Important Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Start Date of Application||March 17, 2022|
|Last date to Submit Application Form||April 7, 2022|
|Last date to Pay JKCET Application Fee||TBA|
|Release of JKCET Admit Card||TBA|
|Release of JKCET Answer Key||TBA|
|Declaration of JKCET 2022 Result||TBA|
|Commencement of counselling registration (for round-1)||TBA|
|JKCET Round 2 of Counselling||TBA|
Entrance Exams Accepted by Jammu and Kashmir Engineering Colleges 2022
Jammu and Kashmir engineering colleges accept both state-level and national-level entrance test scores for admission to engineering programmes. For Jammu and Kashmir engineering 2022, students can appear in the following entrance examinations:
JKCET exam 2022 date has not been announced yet. The application process of JKCET has closed on April 7, 2022. Most of the government and private engineering colleges in J&K accept JKCET scores for B.Tech admissions.
Students who have a valid JEE Mains score and can register for B.Tech admissions in Jammu and Kashmir. Many colleges in J&K consider JEE Mains score for B.Tech admissions.
Eligibility Criteria of B.Tech Admission in Jammu and Kashmir 2022
Check out the eligibility for B.Tech Admissions in Jammu and Kashmir here:
The candidate must be a citizen of India and applicants must have a domicile of Jammu and Kashmir
Candidates must be 17 years on or before 31st December 2022
Candidates must have passed their class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English as mandatory subjects with a minimum 50% marks. Reserved candidates (SC/ST/PwD), must have 40 % marks in the 12th or equivalent examination
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering Admission Procedure 2022
The admission and selection procedure for Jammu & Kashmir B.Tech admissions is as follows -
1. The Jammu and Kashmir Engineering admissions are done on the basis of the centralized counselling process. Counselling is the most crucial part of admission to B.Tech colleges in Jammu and Kashmir.
2. To participate in the Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech counselling process, it is mandatory for candidates to pay the counselling fee.
3. Candidates must come for the counselling along with all the original documents, payment receipt of Rs.1200 and JKCET admit card.
4. The counselling fee of Rs.1200 has to be paid at the POS of the board office. It is located both in Jammu and Srinagar. The fee can also be paid through the swipe machine available at the BOPEE office in Jammu and Srinagar.
5. Seat allotment will be done on the basis of the candidates rank and choices filled by the candidates and the number of seats available in participating colleges.
6. The JKCET 2022 will be organised at the centres approved by the board in the cities of Jammu and Kashmir only.
7. Exam centres will be allotted to the candidates by the board and the information regarding the same will be provided on the admit cards.
8. The exam centre once allotted to the candidates cannot be changed and the medium of the JKCET 2022 is in English only.
9. The merit list for the same will be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the class 12th by the candidates if the entrance examination is not conducted by the board due to some reason.
10. If the entrance examination is conducted by the board, the selection of candidates for admission to the programme will depend on their performance at the entrance test and eligibility.
Documents Required for Jammu and Kashmir B.E./B.Tech Admissions 2022
The following documents are required for Jammu & Kashmir B.Tech Admissions -
1. Jammu and Kashmir Domicile Certificate (State Subject)
2. Class 10th and Class 12 Marksheets and Passing Certificate
3. JKCET Admit Card
4. JKCET Score Card
5. Class 10 and 12 Migration and Transfer Certificate
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) Procedure for Online Counselling 2022
The online counselling procedure for Jammu & Kashmir B.Tech admissions 2022 is as follows -
Candidates who have qualified for the JKCET 2022 and their names are published in the State Merit List shall be eligible to participate in the online counselling process. However, candidates must first submit the documents/certificates asked by the board.
The candidates will have to fill in online preference forms, as per the schedule.
The candidates will be provided with enough to conduct mock exercises so that they can fill in the online choices.
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) Procedure for Offline/Physical Counselling 2022
The offline or physical counselling procedure for Jammu & Kashmir B.Tech admissions is as follows -
1. Candidates who have qualified for the JKCET 2022 and their names are present in the State Merit List can participate in the Physical counselling. But first, all the candidates have to submit the required documents/proof mentioned by the board.
2. Such candidates will be required to fill in the preference forms as per the schedule of the Board.
3. The candidates will have to pay a counselling fee of Rs.1200 to be a further part of the allotment of seats.
4. The procedure for allotment of the seat will be on the basis of merit.
5. After completion of the 1st round of counselling board will issue an official notification indicating the allotment of seats.
A candidate who has been allotted seats in the 1st round of counselling and is looking forward to a better choice must initially accept the same and join the college.
The seat which is allotted to such a candidate who does not join the college after seat allotment will be considered vacant.
Such a vacant seat will be allotted in the next round of the admission process within the given period.
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) 2nd Round Counselling - Upgradation/Allotment Round 2022
Candidates who are willing to upgrade seat allotment can take part in the second round of the counselling process for Jammu & Kashmir B.Tech admissions. More details can be checked below -
1. The board will conduct the 2nd round of counselling if there are still vacant seats after the first round. The candidate that will be eligible for J&K B.Tech 2nd round of counselling are:
2. Candidates who participated in the first round of counselling but were unable to secure a seat due to SNA or CNA.
3. Depending upon the number of seats available BOPEE may allow additional candidates to participate in the 2nd round.
4. Candidates that are eligible to participate in the up-gradation/ 2nd counselling process will have to indicate the fresh preferences for the seats.
5. The preferences indicated by the candidates earlier during the first round of counselling will not be considered for the upgradation round.
Jammu and Kashmir Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) 3rd Round Counselling 2022
1. The Board may so conduct the 3rd round of online counselling if the seats are lying vacant even after the 2nd round of counselling.
2. The candidates who did not join the college on allotment of a seat after the first round of counselling or even after the 2nd round of counselling upgradation of seat/allotment of seats cannot be a part of this round of counselling.
3. Candidates who were upgraded during the 2nd round and joined the institute are also not eligible to participate in the third round of counselling.
Conversion of Category Seats
In case any category seat remains vacant even after the up-gradation/counselling rounds the same shall be de-reserved and filled up from the OM candidates through the process of physical counselling. The revised seat matrix shall be notified accordingly and candidates willing and eligible to participate in the counselling shall be required to fill preference forms against the seats notified.
Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2022
The Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech admission reservation policy is applicable only to government colleges and institutions in the states. Check out the J&K B.Tech admission reservation policy is here:
|Category||Reservation Policy (in percentage)|
|Resident of Backward Area||20%|
|Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal||6%|
|Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District||2%|
|Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) -State Subjects only||3%|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control -ALC||3%|
|Other Scheduled Tribes||2%|
Top Engineering Colleges in Jammu and Kashmir 2022
Check out the list of some of the top B.Tech engineering colleges in Jammu and Kashmir here. The list includes popular B.Tech specialization offered in engineering colleges along with the total number of seats offered:-
|College Name||B.Tech Specializations Offered||Total Seats Offered/Student Intake|
|Model Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET), Jammu||Civil, E&C, Computer, Electrical, IT||420|
|E&C, Mechanical Computer, Electrical, IT||300|
|Govt. College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu||Civil, E&C, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical||420|
|SSM College of Engineering, Pattan, Kashmir||Civil, Mechanical, E&C, Computer, Electrical||600|
|Civil, Mechanical, IT, Computer, Electrical||420|
Check out the complete list of Jammu and Kashmir B.Tech colleges here.
Stay tuned to Collegedekho for more updates on J&K B.Tech Admissions.