- Karnataka B.Tech Admission Process Video
- About Karnataka B.Tech Admissions 2021
- Entrance Exams Accepted by Karnataka Engineering Colleges 2021
- Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admission in Karnataka 2021
- Karnataka Engineering Admission Important Dates 2021
- Karnataka Engineering (B.Tech/ B.E) Admission Procedure 2021
- Documents Required for B.Tech Admission in Karnataka
- Karnataka B.Tech Counselling Process 2021
- Karnataka B.Tech Selection and Seat Allotment Procedure 2021
- Karnataka B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2021
- Top B.Tech Colleges in Karnataka 2021
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Karnataka is one of the best states in India for engineering education. Every year, thousands of students from different states come to Karnataka to pursue B.Tech. There are numerous private engineering colleges and deemed universities in Karnataka that enrol students in B.Tech course.
The scope of KEA is conducting B.Tech admissions for government and private engineering colleges across the state. COMEDK (Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges – Karnataka) also conducts the centralised admission process for 190 private engineering colleges in Karnataka. All the details about Karnataka B.Tech admissions 2021 such as eligibility, counselling process, and others can be checked here.
Karnataka B.Tech Admission Process Video
About Karnataka B.Tech Admissions 2021
B.Tech admission process in Karnataka starts after the announcement of Class 12 (PUC) and entrance exam results. Before the commencement of admission process, KEA and COMEDK conduct entrance exams for B.Tech courses to determine the eligibility of candidates for B.Tech admission in Karnataka. The counselling procedure for B.Tech admission in Karnataka usually takes places in April, May, and June. The B.Tech counselling process of Karnataka is different from other states. All the details about the counselling procedure are explained in this article.
Entrance Exams Accepted by Karnataka Engineering Colleges 2021
Engineering colleges in Karnataka accept multiple entrance exams for B.Tech admissions. Students have a good number of options and can select the relevant entrance exam based on their requirement. The following are the entrance exams accepted by Karnataka engineering colleges –
KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)
COMEDK UGET (Under Graduate Entrance Test) conducted by Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges – Karnataka on behalf of Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association. COMEDK UGET is applicable for B.Tech admission in 190 private engineering colleges across the state.
JEE Main conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). Only private engineering colleges and deemed universities (private) across the state consider JEE Main score for B.Tech admission.
Apart from the above, deemed universities in Karnataka such as Manipal Deemed University, Christ Deemed University, PES Deemed University etc conduct their own entrance test for B.Tech admission. Students with JEE Main/ COMEDK UGET/ KCET can also apply for admission in such universities.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admission in Karnataka 2021
The eligibility criteria and domicile rules for Karnataka B.Tech admissions is as follows –
Domicile Rules (for B.Tech admission based on KCET score or rank)
Domicile Rules (for B.Tech admission based on COMEDK UGET score or rank)
Also Read: All about Rajasthan B.Tech Admissions 2021
Karnataka Engineering Admission Important Dates 2021
As engineering colleges in Karnataka accept KCET and COMEDK UGET score for B.Tech admission, the counselling schedule is different for both. Students who appear for both entrance exams have to flexibility to take part in the admission process based on KCET and COMEDK UGET.
KCET 2021 Counselling Dates
To be Updated
Option entry for KCET counselling
Publication of mock allotment results
Revision of selected options
Publication of seat allotment results
KCET counselling round 2-modify/delete/re-order options
|Announcement for seat allotment round 2||TBA|
|Option entry for extended round 2||To be Notified|
|Option entry for extended round 2 seat allotment|
To be Notified
KEA conducts two rounds of counselling for B.Tech admission through KCET.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Counselling Dates:
Usually, COMEDK UGET is conducted in May, and the results for the same are announced in the last week of May. After the announcement of merit list in the last week of May, the counselling will be conducted rank wise, and the candidates are called for the counselling accordingly. The official scheduled for counselling will be released after the publication of COMEDK UGET merit list. The dates will be updated here.
Karnataka Engineering (B.Tech/ B.E) Admission Procedure 2021
B.Tech/ B.E admission procedure in Karnataka is purely based on the merit and entrance exam score. More details are elaborated below –
Karnataka B.Tech Admission Procedure through KCET: After the announcement of KCET entrance exam results, KEA will release merit of candidates who are eligible to take part in the KCET counselling process. All the candidates whose names appear in merit list must attend the counselling as per the schedule. All the candidates in the merit list will have a rank or merit number based on which they can take part in the KCET counselling process.
The KCET merit list is prepared will be prepared based on marks obtained by the candidates in the KCET entrance exam. Percentage secured by candidates in Class 12 board exams will also be considered while preparing the merit list.
Karnataka B.Tech Admission Procedure through COMEDK UGET: COMEDK UGET is another exam conducted by COMEDK for the candidates aspiring to get admission in private engineering colleges across the state. In the last week of May, COMEDK releases the results of UGET. Rank will be allotted to each candidate based on his or her score in the entrance exam. All the candidates who have a valid COMEDK UGET rank are eligible to take part in COMEDK UGET counselling process.
The admission procedure based on UGET is different from KCET. More details regarding the same can be checked in the counselling process section.
Documents Required for B.Tech Admission in Karnataka
The documents required for B.Tech admission in Karnataka through KCET and COMEDK UGET is different. The candidates can check the list of documents here –
Name of the Counselling Process
COMEDK UGET Counselling
Karnataka B.Tech Counselling Process 2021
Karnataka B.Tech counselling process through KCET and COMEDK UGET is different. The detailed explanation on B.Tech admissions in Karnataka through KCET and COMEDK UGET can be checked below.
Karnataka B.Tech Counselling Process through KCET: B.Tech counselling process in Karnataka based on KCET is divided into the following stages –
Verification of Documents: The counselling process starts with KCET verification of documents. The candidates must be present at the prescribed counselling centre on time on the scheduled dates. KEA will conduct rank wise certificate verification on different dates. Therefore, the candidates must check the dates published by KEA properly. The candidates must carry all the documents as mentioned above.
At the counselling centre, ranks will be announced and the candidates must report to the verification desk accordingly.
Issue of Unique ID and Password: After the document verification, a verification slip will be issued to candidates along with a Unique ID and Password. The unique id and password must be used for exercising choices or options.
Filling and Locking of Choices: As per the scheduled date, the candidates must visit the KEA website to fill the option entry form. After visiting the KEA website, click on the relevant link to login. Enter the Unique ID and Password, which was issued after certificate verification. The list of colleges and B.Tech specialisations will be displayed on the website. The candidates can choose a maximum number of choices to increase their chances of securing B.Tech admission in Karnataka. Lock the choices to confirm and log out.
The initial stages of KCET counselling end with filling and locking of choices. The next stage is the seat allotment.
Karnataka B.Tech Counselling Process through COMEDK UGET: COMEDK UGET counselling process is completely different from KCET, and it involves different stages, which will be carried out on a single day. The stages involved in COMEDK UGET counselling process are –
Reporting and Check-In Process:
- As per the schedule released by COMEDK UGET, the candidates must attend the counselling process at the prescribed venue. COMEDK conducts rank wise counselling and dates for the same will be released accordingly.
- The candidates must note that they can attend the counselling as per the sessions allotted for a specific rank along with a parent or guardian.
- Go to the check-in counter at the counselling venue as per the rank numbers announced.
- Show the documents or provide details as directed at the check-in counter.
- After the above process, you will be allowed into the counselling hall.
Verification of Documents:
- At the counselling hall, collect and fill the two counselling cards.
- Arrange the documents as per the order mentioned in the counselling cards.
- Go to the verification counter.
- The officer present at the verification counter will verify all original documents and DD (check documents section for the list of documents). The verification officer will retain a set of photocopies of all documents.
- The verification process completes and the candidates must proceed to the next stage.
Biometric Authentication, Photo Verification & Registration:
- The official present at the counter will authenticate your identity through biometric and photo verification process.
- After the verification process is over, the officer will issue a registration slip.
- Proceed to the counselling hall with registration slip and other documents.,
- Wait for the next announcement.
- The next stage is seat selection, which is conducted at the main hall of the venue.
- Proceed to the seat selection counter and fill the demand draft details and three choices of college or course. The list of colleges and courses will be available on the screen at the counter.
- After filling details, wait for your rank to be announced.
- When your rank is announced, go to the selection counter and select the seat as per your requirement and availability at the time.
- Proceed to the next counter to collect acknowledgement of seat allotted.
DD Deposit Counter:
- Proceed to DD deposit counter along with seat allotment letter and DD.
- Submit DD and seat allotment letter at the counter.
- Proceed to the next counter to collect original seat allotment letter.
Allotment Letter Collection:
- The candidates will be called as per their rank.
- When your rank is announced, collect the Original Seat Allotment Letter and Fee Payment Receipt from the counter.
- Verify all details and report to the college within the scheduled date along with original seat allotment letter.
- The candidates must pay the remaining tuition fee (if any) at the respective college while reporting.
The candidates must note that the entire process of COMEDK UGET counselling mentioned above is conducted in a single session.
Karnataka B.Tech Selection and Seat Allotment Procedure 2021
The selection procedure and seat allotment for B.Tech admission in Karnataka through KCET and COMEDK UGET is as follows –
Selection and Seat Allotment through KCET: The candidates will be selected based on merit, KCET rank and choices filled in the option entry. The candidates who are selected for the admission must take the printout of seat allotment letter, which will be available on the official website of KEA. The candidates must log in with Unique ID and Password and to check and download the seat allotment letter.
Take the printout of seat allotment letter, report to the allotted college, submit the seat allotment letter & other documents, pay the first-year B.Tech fee, and confirm the admission.
Selection and Seat Allotment through COMEDK UGET: As COMEDK UGET is conducted in different sessions, the counselling authority will declare a separate merit list in each session based on the ranks of candidates who checked-in for counselling and completed document verification. The seats will be allocated accordingly (please check counselling process section for more details).
Note: - The above explanation on KCET and COMEDK UGET counselling process is not applicable to private deemed universities (which are not accepting COMEDK UGET or KCET score) and IIT, NIT and IISc located in Karnataka.
Karnataka B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2021
Both KEA and COMEDK follows reservation policies of state government for conducting Karnataka B.Tech admission process. As COMEDK UGET counselling process is conducted only for B.Tech admission in private engineering colleges, Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association will decide the reservation policies. Equal representation is given to all the categories during the admission process.
Also Read: All about Kerala B.Tech Admissions 2021
Top B.Tech Colleges in Karnataka 2021
Almost all private engineering colleges in Karnataka accept KCET and COMEDK UGET score for B.Tech admissions. Government engineering colleges consider only KCET score for B.Tech admissions. Here is the list of some of the top B.Tech colleges in Karnataka –
Name of the College
|Krupanidhi Group of Institutions||Bangalore|
|Cambridge Institute of Technology (North Campus)||Bangalore|
|Cambridge Institute of Technology||Bangalore|
|Garden City University||Bangalore|
|T John Group of Institutions||Bangalore|
If you are looking for more colleges, click on the link below
We hope that the explanation on KCET and COMEDK UGET admission and counselling process was helpful to you and clarified all your doubts. If you have any doubts on KCET/ COMEDK UGET admission process, counselling process, selection procedure and participating institutes, please post your questions in Q & A section of CollegeDekho.
For B. Tech admission related assistance in Karnataka, please fill the Common Application Form on our website. Our counsellors will call you back and guide you through the B.Tech admission process in Karnataka.
For the latest Karnataka B.Tech admissions 2021 updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.