- About Bihar B.Tech UGEAC Admissions 2020
- Bihar UGEAC Engineering Admission Important Dates ..
- Entrance Exams Accepted by Bihar Engineering Colle..
- Eligibility Criteria for UGEAC B.Tech Admission in..
- Bihar Engineering (B.Tech/ B.E) UGEAC Admission an..
- Bihar B.Tech UGEAC Admission Reservation Policy 20..
- Bihar UGEAC B.Tech Counselling Process 2020
- Bihar B.Tech Seat Allotment Procedure 2020
- Documents Required for B.Tech Admission in Bihar 2..
- Top B.Tech Colleges in Bihar 2020
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam Board (BCECEB) is responsible for organising B.Tech admissions in Bihar. The name of the admission process has been changed to Under Graduate Engineering Admission Counselling (UGEAC). The B.Tech admission process in Bihar started on October 12, 2020, with online registration. The choice filling started on November 22, and the revised merit list was released on November 19.
Bihar is one of the states in India where B.Tech admission process is conducted on the basis of the national-level exam, i.e., JEE Main. Students with minimum qualification prescribed by BCECEB and a valid entrance test score can secure admission in Bihar engineering colleges. Bihar B.Tech aspirants can check all the details about Bihar B.Tech admissions such as admission dates, Bihar B.Tech eligibility criteria, selection/ counselling procedure and seat reservation policy here.
|Bihar UGEA 2020 Choice Filling||Bihar UGEAC Cutoff 2020 - Opening & Closing Ranks|
|Bihar UGEAC Merit List 2020||UGEAC Round 1 Seat Allotment result 2020|
About Bihar B.Tech UGEAC Admissions 2020
The authorities have announced the important dates of BCECE 2020 along with the information brochure. The registration process is underway for the counselling. The admissions will be merit-based, i.e., a merit list will be released after the conclusion of the registration process.
Bihar UGEAC Engineering Admission Important Dates 2020
The registration and merit list announcement dates for Bihar UGEAC admission 2020 have been released, and the counselling schedule will be notified soon.
BCECE 2020 application form release date
November 09, 2020
Last date to submit BCECE application form
November 16, 2020
|Last date to pay the fee through challan|
November 17, 2020
Last date to pay the fee through online mode
November 17, 2020
BCECE 2020 form editing
November 18, 2020
Merit list release
November 19, 2020
Online registration and choice filling for seat allotment
November 22 to 28, 2020
|Bihar UGEAC Round 1 Seat Allotment||December 02, 2020|
|Downloading of Seat Allotment Letter||December 02, 2020|
|Document Verification for Round 1||December 03 to 06, 2020|
|Round 2 Seat Allotment||December 09, 2020|
Entrance Exams Accepted by Bihar Engineering Colleges 2020
BCECE has stopped conducting a separate entrance exam for Bihar B.Tech admission 2020, and the admission process will be based on JEE Main rank.
Eligibility Criteria for UGEAC B.Tech Admission in Bihar 2020
The eligibility criteria for B.Tech admission in Bihar can be categorised as follows –
Age Limit: B.Tech admission in Bihar does not have any upper age limit. Candidates applying for admission must be 17 years of age as on the year of admission.
Domicile Rules: Candidates who have passed Class 12 from Bihar are eligible for B.Tech counselling process in Bihar. Permanent residents of Bihar who have been living in the state since 10 years can also apply for B.Tech admission in Bihar under state quota. Candidates whose parents are serving in Bihar government can also apply for B.Tech admission in Bihar.
Academic Requirements: For B.Tech admission in Bihar, a candidate must have passed Class 12 with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) as the main subjects. The candidates must note that they should have at least 40-45% of marks in Class 12 to be eligible for B.Tech admission in Bihar.
Also Read: Gujarat B.Tech Admissions 2019
Bihar Engineering (B.Tech/ B.E) UGEAC Admission and Selection Procedure 2020
B. Tech admission authority of Bihar has prescribed a cutoff mark for BCECE entrance exam for B.Tech admission. Candidates who clear the cutoff prescribed by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam Board will be included in the merit list for Bihar B.Tech admissions. Only those candidates who feature in the merit list will be considered for B.Tech counselling process in Bihar.
BCECE Cutoff Mark for B.Tech Admission in Bihar 2020
The estimated BCECE cutoff mark for B.Tech admission in Bihar is as follows –
Name of the Category
Qualifying Marks in BCECE
GEN (General Category)
OBC, ST & SC (Reserved Category)
Physically Handicapped (General Category)
Physically Handicapped (Reserved Category)
Merit List Preparation: The admission authority will prepare a merit list of candidates based on their score in the entrance test and Class 12 PCM subjects. All the candidates who score the minimum qualifying marks in the state-level entrance exam will be included in the merit list. The candidates will be allotted a rank so that they will have an idea of his/ her position in the merit list. Candidates who are included in the merit list of Bihar B.Tech admissions can proceed for choice entry on dates specified by the admission authority.
The selection of candidates will be based on the merit list and rank. In all, the admission/ selection procedure for B.Tech admissions in Bihar is completely based on merit. Only those candidates who take part in the counselling process will be granted B.Tech admission subject to merit and availability of seats.
Bihar B.Tech UGEAC Admission Reservation Policy 2020
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam Board will fill 100% seats in government engineering colleges and a specific per cent of seats in private engineering colleges across the state. Seats filled by the admission authority are treated as state quota seats. The reservation policy of the Bihar government applies to state quota engineering admissions. The seats are distributed across various categories as follows –
Name of the Category
Percentage of Seats Reserved
EBC (Extremely Backward Class)
RCG (Reserved Category Girls)
B.Tech admissions in Bihar are bound to the reservation policy as mentioned above. The admission committee will make a decision on transfer of seats to a specific category if seats fall vacant in any of the above categories.
Bihar UGEAC B.Tech Counselling Process 2020
Candidates who cleared BCECE entrance exam and declared eligible for B.Tech counselling process can take part in the E-Counselling procedure conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam Board. There is specific registration for an e-counselling process conducted by the admission authority for Bihar B.Tech admissions. The candidates who are eligible to take part in the e-counselling process must note that there is no specific registration fee for the counselling process. The candidates must only pay the exam fee for BCECE entrance exam.
The counselling process for Bihar B.Tech admissions is as follows –
Registration for E-Counselling:
The registration for e-counselling begins on the date specified by the admission authority. Follow the steps below for e-counselling registration –
- The candidates must visit the official website ‘BCECE Admissions’
- Read the instructions carefully and click on ‘I Agree’
- The registration form will flash on the screen now
- Select the course (B.Tech) and enter your BCECE Roll Number, Registration Number, Date of Birth and Name.
- Enter security code displayed.
- Check the above details and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- More columns will be displayed now
- The candidates must fill the Class 12 passing status by clicking on Radio Button
- Enter the marks scored in Class 12 exams in the columns specified
- Finally, create a password with alphanumeric characters
- An OTP will be sent to the candidate’s mobile number after entering the password
- Enter the OPT and click on ‘Confirm Registration’ option
- The registration process completes now
- After the completion of the registration process as mentioned above, the candidates must click on “Fill Choice Button”. The option can be found in the Menu bar on the screen.
- Instructions will be displayed on the screen, and the candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before Choice Filling.
- The choice filling form will have two blocks. The left block will have the list of colleges and engineering branches in the alphabetical order. The right block will have choices filled by the candidates.
- If the candidates wish to select a college, they will have to click on ‘Add’ button. The college selected by the candidates will appear on the right block.
- There is no limit on the number of colleges that candidates can choose in choice filling form
- The candidates can SWAP or Move the choices according to his/ her priority.
- It is advisable to add a maximum number of colleges in the choice filling form for better admission chances.
- After filling the choices, click on the ‘Save Choice’ button or ‘Save and Exit’ button
- The candidates must note that choice filling is a one time option, and the same will not be allowed for the second and third round of counselling process.
- Choice locking facility will be activated after the successful completion of the choice filling process.
- If you are satisfied with the choices that you have added in the choice filling form, click on ‘Lock Choices’ button.
- It is mandatory to enter the password to lock choices.
- After entering the password, click on the ‘Submit’ button to lock the choices.
- The candidates can also unlock the choices within the specified date to make modifications.
- After locking the choices, click on the ‘Print Locked Choice’ button.
- Take the printout of the choice entry form and keep it for future references.
The initial stages of Bihar B.Tech counselling process conclude with choice entry and locking. Seat allotment procedure follows next.
Bihar B.Tech Seat Allotment Procedure 2020
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam Board will conduct three stages of the counselling process. Candidates who do not secure admission in the first round can take part in Round 2 or 3. The seat allotment procedure involves the following stages –
Intimation of Seat Allotment: The admission authority will release seat allotment results on its website, and the candidates can check his/ her seat allotment status from the official website. The candidates will also receive an SMS regarding their seat allotment. After checking the seat allotment status on the official website, the candidates must take the printout of seat allotment letter (at least three copies).
Candidates who do not secure admission in Round 1 can wait until Round 2/ 3 for up-gradation of seat/ allotment.
Admission Fee Payment: Along with the admission allotment letter and relevant documents, the candidates must report to the nearest reporting centre with a Demand Draft of Rs. 2,500 in favour of the allocated institute. The next stage is document verification.
Verification of Documents at Reporting Centre: The candidates must carry all the relevant documents to the reporting centre. The admission of the candidates will be confirmed only after depositing Rs. 2,500 and documents verification.
Reporting to College: Report to college within the specified date with all the relevant documents and pay the remaining first-year B.Tech tuition fee (if any).
Documents Required for B.Tech Admission in Bihar 2020
The candidates must carry the following documents to the reporting centre and college at the time of reporting –
- Printout of Application Form
- BCECE Admit Card
- Seat Allotment Letter
- BCECE Rank Card
- Passport Size Photographs (6 Copies)
- Class 10 Certificate
- Class 12 Hall Ticket and Certificate
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Income Certificate (if required)
- Disable Quota Certificate (if required)
Top B.Tech Colleges in Bihar 2020
All government and private engineering colleges in Bihar consider BCECE score for B.Tech admissions. Some of the popular B.Tech colleges in Bihar are -
Name of the College
Motihari Engineering College
Darbhanga Engineering College
Purnea College of Engineering
Sahasra College of Engineering
Supaul College of Engineering
Government Engineering College, Banka
Government Engineering College, Vaishali
Government Engineering College, Jamui
Click on the link below to view more colleges
The above seat matrix is tentative, and it may change for the academic session 2020.
We hope that the above article on Bihar B.Tech admissions was helpful to you. Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest updates on Bihar B.Tech admissions.