- What to Do After CAT Result 2022?
- Fill Out Applications for Admission to Top B-Schools
- Check Deadlines Before Applying to Top B-schools
- Check When IIMs and Other Top B-Schools Will Release Shortlists
- Check the Top B-Schools' Admission Requirements
- Prepare the Necessary Documentation
- Check the Admission Process at the Top MBA Colleges in …
- Select Your MBA Specialization
- Prepare for the GD-PI/WAT Rounds
- Appear for Other MBA Entrance Exams
- Secure a Second Option
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
What to Do After CAT Result: The CAT 2022 result has been released on December 21, 2022. On November 27, 2022, the CAT 2022 exam was conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore. Three time slots were allocated for the CBT exam. IIMs will start releasing their cutoff for admission since CAT 2022 results have been announced. After the CAT 2022 results, all candidates who have appeared for the exam will be in a rush. Every MBA applicant wants to get accepted into one of the prestigious IIMs or other top business schools, but they are unsure of what to do once the CAT results for 2022 are released. Candidates can compare their CAT 2022 score vs percentile and get an idea of the colleges to which they are eligible for admission. The expected CAT 2022 cutoff will give them an idea of the colleges in which they can secure a seat.
CAT 2022 result has been announced on the official website by IIM Bangalore. CAT 2022 test-takers can check out the CAT 2022 score vs percentile analysis, CAT cutoff 2022 for IIMs, and other related information in the links below.
|CAT Result 2022 Link|
|CAT Exam Analysis 2022||CAT 2022 Toppers' List|
|CAT Cutoff 2022 for IIMs||CAT 2022 100-Percentile Scorers|
However, the candidates who could not attain high percentiles in CAT 2022 need not be disheartened as they still have several options. The popular Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) have limited seats and a rigid selection process, therefore it is not possible for everyone to secure admission to IIMs. Even after performing brilliantly, a candidate might not get through the IIM admissions.
Therefore, candidates must take additional MBA entrance examinations after the CAT exam because there are numerous other factors besides the CAT score that are relevant to IIM admission. It is best to also take into consideration other MBA colleges in India from where you can pursue a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) or Master of Business Administration (MBA). You can look into other available options and prepare for the GD/PI, and WAT rounds to secure seats in any of the top colleges. Given below is more about what to do after CAT results 2022.
What to Do After CAT Result 2022?
Most candidates find themselves in chaos while figuring out what to do after CAT result are declared. Whether they excel or do not excel, they are in a place of confusion and distress. The next steps are quite tough. Some have to choose colleges and specializations, and others have to decide whether to prepare for CAT next year or look for a job. Either way, it is mentally draining for the candidate. Therefore, each one must be careful in deciding what is best for them.
Further, qualifying candidates will have other rounds of performances to prepare for. Candidates who get shortlisted based on CAT 2022 scores will now have to appear for Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI), and Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds. All top MBA colleges in India conduct these rounds for their selection process. They are conducted to determine the candidate's aptitude, skills, and dedication.
Therefore, one must prepare well for the rounds mentioned below:
Evaluate your CAT 2022 score and look for institutions.
Check college application deadlines before applying for admission to a B-school.
Check when the IIMs and other top B-Schools will release their shortlists
- Prepare the necessary documentation
- Check the admission process at the top MBA colleges in India
Choose a specialization
Get ready for WAT-GD-PI (Prepare for an advanced level of evaluation)
Fill Out Applications for Admission to Top B-Schools
Once the CAT exam is done, the next focus should be on getting admissions to the top B-Schools. Also, take into consideration the fact that some colleges start their admission process even before the CAT 2022 results are out. Therefore, candidates must check the cutoff percentile of the institutes they seek to take admissions into. Then, based on the performance, candidates should prepare a list of colleges or institutes they want to take admissions in. It will help them focus on the target institutes.
CAT Cutoff Percentile at IIMs
|Name of the IIM||Cutoff Percentile (Qualifying Cutoff)|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||95|
Also, just in case one does not get into IIMs, one must be prepared to consider other top MBA colleges in India. There are numerous colleges that offer MBA and PGDM courses. Therefore, while planning, consider these parameters: ranking of the institution, alumni network, faculty, environment, placement records, fee structure, admission process, and return on investment.
Private MBA Colleges in India
Many popular private B-Schools accept CAT scores for selecting candidates. You can consider securing a seat in one of these institutes mentioned in the table below:
Here is the list of some top private colleges in India that consider CAT scores for their MBA admission process:
Check Deadlines Before Applying to Top B-schools
As soon as the CAT result for 2022 is out, aspirants will have a limited amount of time to choose colleges, fill out college application forms, and submit them before the deadline. Candidates can also utilize the CAT Percentile Predictor 2022 to evaluate their performance. In order to avoid last-minute delays, candidates are advised to keep tabs on the top B-Schools and understand their admissions procedures beforehand. Although it would be wonderful to hear from IIMs, what if you don't? In order to avoid wasting the entire year, it is, therefore, preferable to have options. Reviewing the admission procedures of other top B-Schools outside IIMs would be the next step for aspirants.
Check When IIMs and Other Top B-Schools Will Release Shortlists
IIM Lucknow, Indore, Kozhikode, Shillong, and IIM Rohtak (which does not participate in the CAP round) will release their shortlists one week from the date of the CAT result announcement, whereas IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and Calcutta will do so in one or two days. The shortlisted candidates receive interview letters directly through email, registered mail, or speed post from each IIM. Different IIMs have different shortlisting criteria.
In February 2023, IIM Kashipur, Raipur, Ranchi, Tiruchirappalli, and Udaipur will release their shortlists for the CAP round. In March or April 2023, the seven baby IIMs will reveal their shortlists. Some of the leading business schools, including SPJIMR Mumbai, FMS Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, IMT Ghaziabad, FORE School of Management New Delhi, IMI New Delhi, and LBSIM Delhi, will reveal their shortlists for the final selection round in January or February 2023.
Check the Top B-Schools' Admission Requirements
Shortlisting of candidates is done based on their CAT exam scores, and those candidates are then required to qualify for the entrance requirements established by various IIMs. The requirements for admission vary in different IIMs. Candidates that make it to the list must be fully aware of the subsequent rounds they must pass. The two rounds that the IIMs typically hold are listed below:
- Writing Assessment (WAT)
- Personal Consultation (PI)
Prepare the Necessary DocumentationIn addition to the CAT result 2022, many other documents will be required by institutions during the CAT 2022 counselling round, including a certificate of graduation, mark sheets for classes 10 and 12, and a letter proving the candidate's work experience (if any). This makes it important for candidates to create a list of pre-requisite documents and make them accessible in advance. Certificates must also be attested.
Check the Admission Process at the Top MBA Colleges in IndiaCandidates may refer to the links below to know about the admission process at the topmost MBA institutes in India.
Select Your MBA Specialization
Students approach the selection of MBA specialization in two ways. Some choose the college first and then the specialization. Whereas some choose the specialization first and shortlist the college based on it. Both of them are correct in their own ways. However, the only thing that matters the most is that the candidate is aware and plans the needs well in advance. Either choose the college or specialization as the preference. If not, it will lead to last-minute hassle and confusion regarding what to do after CAT result 2022.
The top MBA Specializations are:
- MBA in Digital Marketing
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Data Analytics
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Strategy
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Risk Management
- MBA in Operations Management
Prepare for the GD-PI/WAT Rounds
Clearing the CAT 2022 exams is just the beginning of the process for admission to MBA courses. After the CAT 2022 Results are declared, the candidates will have to immediately start preparing for Group Discussions and PI/ WAT rounds. Usually, these rounds are conducted in the same month as the results are declared. A candidate can get a maximum of two months from the CAT 2022 exam day to prepare for the GD-PI/WAT rounds.
Therefore, here are some tips that will help in the GD-PI/ WAT Preparations:
- Join workshops on GD/PI:No amount of preparation can help you decide if you are fully ready. However, joining workshops will help you get motivated and confident to face the actual GD-PI rounds. Before joining the workshop, make sure that it has large participation. More candidates in the workshop will help you build more confidence.
- Keep the Focus on Case-Based and Topic-based GDs: Most top B-schools in India are now focused on the case-based GDs. It helps evaluate the understanding of the candidates. Therefore, most GDs have case-based topics. However, some B-Schools also opt for topic-based GDs as well. Hence, it is best to prepare for both circumstances.
- Take Guidance from seniors/ mentors: People who have experienced GD/PI rounds will be in a better state to guide you. They will have better knowledge of how to tackle unpleasant situations or unfamiliar questions. There will be some tricks that they might help you with. It is not always that books and the internet can help you. So, it is wise to make the most of it.
- Prepare for a Specialization (for candidates holding 4+ years of work experience): Candidates who hold a work experience of 4 or more years will have to prepare well for the specialization. They are likely to be asked questions about their desired specialization. Therefore, it is of utmost necessity that professional candidates prepare in advance for their choice of course.
- Remembering Specific Format for Each Call: All institutions have a unique format for GD-PI callings. It is necessary that candidates remember them precisely. If not, they might reach the centre unprepared and lose a golden opportunity to be admitted to the top B-Schools in India.
|IIM Bangalore Placements 2022||IIM Ranchi Placements 2022|
|IIM Trichy Placements 2022||IIM Indore Placements 2022|
|IIM Kozhikode Placements 2022||IIM Udaipur Placements 2022|
Appear for Other MBA Entrance Exams
Apart from the CAT exam, there are other options as well to get MBA admissions. Interested candidates must fill out the registrations for the exams ahead of time. The registration process is the same as the CAT exam. Therefore, in case one fails to qualify CAT, they can appear for the other exams and wait for their results as well. All the entrance exams are majorly held between January to March. Here is a list of the exams candidates aspiring to study MBA can prepare for and attempt:
- Management Aptitude Tesf (MAT)
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Admission Test
- AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA)
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH MBA CET)
- Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TSICET)
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)
Secure a Second Option
It is not always easy to achieve what you desire. Getting into IIMs may be a lifelong dream but it is alright if you do not get through in your CAT 2022 attempt. There are other options as well. In case you do not secure admission, always have a backup plan. You can consider the following options:
Apply for jobs according to your preference
Take a drop year and start early preparations for CAT 2022
If you intend to take the CAT in 2022, decide if you will study for it full-time or while maintaining a regular job.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for all the latest updates on CAT 2022!