Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Delhi Polytechnic Admission 2020 - The admission process for Polytechnic courses in Delhi for the academic session 2020-21 will be merit-based, as Delhi CET 2020 entrance exam has been cancelled. It is for various technical and non-technical fields including Engineering & Technology, Interior Designing, etc. that this exam is taken. The candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria (as mentioned below) can submit the application form and sit for the exam. The application form for Delhi Polytechnic admission will close on September 17, 2020.
Browse through to find out the important dates, eligibility criteria, how to apply, application fee, and so on for Delhi Polytechnic Admissions 2020.
Table of Contents
|Delhi CET 2020 Cancelled||Delhi CET Eligibility Criteria 2020|
DTE Delhi will release the official notification for Delhi Polytechnic Admission 2020 in the first week of August. Check the important dates
Release of Online Application Form Submission
August 03, 2020
Final Date to Submit Application Form
September 17, 2020
Last Date to Edit the Application Form
To be Notified
Delhi Polytechnic 2020 Exam
To be Notified
Round 1 Counselling
To be Notified
|Round 1 Choice Filling||To be Notified|
|Round 1 Seat Allotment||To be Notified|
|Round 2 Seat Allotment||To be Notified|
|Round 3 Seat Allotment||To be Notified|
|Round 4 Seat Allotment||To be Notified|
In order to get through Delhi Polytechnic 2020, the candidates can check the eligibility criteria as prescribed by Delhi DET. The criteria is test-based. Check the same out below:
Test 1 (All the 10th based Diploma courses)
- To sit for test 1, the candidates should have passed class 10th with a minimum of 35% marks in Science, Mathematics and English subjects.
- The aspirant must have minimum passing marks in Science, English, and Mathematics subjects each.
Test 2 (Modern Office Practice (English)
To sit for test 2, the candidate should have passed 10th with a minimum of 35% marks in the top three subjects. The candidate must have at least passing marks in English.
Test 3 (Modern Office Practice (Hindi)
To sit for test 3, the candidate should have passed class 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 35% aggregate marks in the top three subjects. At least passing marks in Hindi/Sanskrit is necessary.
Test 4 (Diploma in Pharmacy)
To sit for test 4, the aspirant must have passed class 12th physics, chemistry as compulsory subjects and any one of Biology or Mathematics.
Test 5 (2nd-year Diploma course)
To sit for test 5, the applicant should have passed class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology. The candidates who have cleared class 12th science with Mathematics or Technical or Vocational subjects can also apply. The applicants with two-year ITI after 10th standard from Delhi's recognized institute can also sit for the test.
Here are the age limits mentioned according to the respective categories:
To ensure a hassle-free application process, CollegeDekho has simplified the application process for Delhi Polytechnic admission 2020:
|Direct Link to Fill Delhi CET 2020 Application Form|
- Fill in the application form online by visiting the official website of the authority.
- Applicants are asked to fill their application form carefully.
- Fill in the required details like education, personal and communication, etc. correctly.
- Upload your scanned passport size signature, photograph, and thumb impression in the asked format.
- Candidates can fill the application form from August 03 to September 03.
- Candidates can make corrections in their application form from after September 03. Sending any hard copy of the documents to the exam authority is not required.
- Taking the printout of the application form is highly recommended and keep it secure for future references.
The application fee for Delhi Polytechnic Admission 2020 is Rs. 200. The payment can be made through credit card/debit card/e-wallet/internet banking/bank challan. The fee cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
For the year 2020, the selection of candidates will be based on merit. The selection of the candidate to Delhi Polytechnic 2020 is entirely based on merit and the preference chosen by the candidate in the application. Further on, counselling takes place, which is done in Delhi. The centres for the entrance would be Delhi only.
The reservation structure for the Government-sponsored, Govt. Aided, and self-financed private Institutions for the academic year 2020-21 is as per the policy of the Delhi Govt. Seats are Reserved for SC/ST & PH.
% of seats
Wards of Govt. of Delhi employees
After successfully cracking the entrance, the candidate will be asked to attend the counselling process in person which is supposed to start by the last week of June 2020.
Delhi CET counselling 2020 will be divided into four rounds, after which if seats are still vacant, further rounds would be conducted. The counselling would be done online. Seats will be allotted according to the ranks that a candidate has obtained in the entrance. Those satisfied with the given seat can move on to the further process and those who are looking for a better seat can come for the next counselling rounds.
The important dates and schedule can be found below:
Commencing of Online Registration and Choice Filling
Result Announcement & Print out of Provisional Allotment Letter
Digital Payment of Partial Institutional Fees
Allotted seat freezing (Online) by the applicant after verification of documents
Payment of Processing Fees:
A total amount of Rs 700 plus bank charges needs to be paid to attend the counselling process, which is a one-time non-refundable payment. This can be made through challan, net banking or debit card.
The important documents that will be required for Delhi Polytechnic 2020 counselling are listed below:
- Payment receipt of Online Partial payment
- Copy of Provisional Allotment Letter (found on the official website)
- Copy of On-line Registration Slip (found on the official website)
- Copy of choices submitted by Candidate (found on the official website)
- Two latest identical Color Photographs same as on the admit card.
- Admit Card of CET-2019
- Proof of date of birth
- Certificate and Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination issued by the Board
- Conduct and Character Certificate
- Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Transfer Certificate/School leaving Certificate/Migration Certificate
- Declaration/Undertaking for non-migration
Stay tuned to monitor the latest updates of Delhi Polytechnic Admissions 2020.