- Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions Important Dates ..
- Eligibility Criteria for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Ad..
- Selection Process for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admis..
- Counselling Process for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Adm..
- Documents Required for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admi..
- Fee Structure for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admission..
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Engineering has been one of the most sought after career options for ages now. However, new courses are emerging that follow the lines of engineering as a course but traverse a different route. Polytechnic is one such course and its demand is growing in leaps and bounds with every academic session. With the growing popularity of the course, a large number of students seek admission to the best polytechnic institutes in India every year. Polytechnic is a course that imparts technical knowledge to students and opens various avenues for them in the technology sector without them having to complete with the traditional engineering courses like B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering) or B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology).
This article provides students with all the information about Tamil Nadu Polytechnic admissions 2020. The Directorate of Technical Education (abbreviated as DOTE) is the body responsible for conducting and executing Tamil Nadu polytechnic admissions. DOTE organises state-level polytechnic admissions and selects students for various engineering and polytechnic colleges of Tamil Nadu. No entrance exam is held for Tamil Nadu polytechnic admissions and students are shortlisted on the basis of their marks.
All the details of Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions 2020 are mentioned in this article. Students who are interested in taking admission in the polytechnic colleges of Tamil Nadu can find the important dates, eligibility criteria, and selection process here.
Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions Important Dates 2020
The important dates of Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions 2020 are given in the table below -
Release of Official Notification
Commencement of application process
Last date for submitting applications
Application correction window
Declaration of Merit List
Beginning of the Counselling Process
Commencement of classes
Eligibility Criteria for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions 2020
The eligibility criteria for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions 2020 are explained below. Students who seek admission in the polytechnic colleges of the state and aspire to appear for the Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions 2020 must check if they qualify the Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions 2020 eligibility criteria. Only after a candidate meets the criteria, will he/ she be considered eligible for the course. If any discrepancy is observed between the application form and the original documents of the applicant, it will lead to the cancellation of his/ her application. Take a look at the Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions eligibility criteria 2020 before proceeding with the application process.
- The student must have cleared class 10th (SSLC) board exams.
- Class 10th should be completed by the student from a school that is recognised and comes under one of these boards- the ICSE Board, the CBSE Board, or the State Board.
- The student must have cleared the board exams of all the subjects he/ she has at the SSC level, which means he/ she must have secured at least 35 per cent marks in all the subjects.
- If the student has not enrolled in class 10th or SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate), he/ she must have a qualification which is considered equivalent to class 10th.
- There is no age limit for students seeking admission in the polytechnic colleges of Tamil Nadu.
Selection Process for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions 2020
The Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions selection process is done strictly on the basis of merit. The Directorate of Technical Education at Tamil Nadu does not conduct any entrance examination for shortlisting students for the polytechnic admissions in Tamil Nadu. The candidates are selected for the polytechnic courses based on the marks they score in class 10th (SSLC) level. Students compete for the polytechnic seats in Tamil Nadu on the basis of the aggregate percentage scored by them in the qualifying examination. After the registration process of Tamil Nadu polytechnic admissions 2020 is over and candidates have successfully filled and submitted the application forms, DOTE of Tamil Nadu releases a merit list which is published on their official website. Students who qualify the cutoff scores mentioned in the merit list are called for the counselling process of Tamil Nadu polytechnic admissions. Students must keep in mind that during the counselling process and admissions, preference is given to the applicant who has scored higher marks in the qualifying examination.
Counselling Process for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions 2020
The counselling process of Tamil Nadu polytechnic admissions 2020 is given in detail below. Students must go through this section to understand how the Tamil Nadu polytechnic counselling is conducted so that they are prepared for it.
- Students who apply for the Tamil Nadu polytechnic admissions 2020 are called for the Tamil Nadu Polytechnic counselling process 2020 as per their marks in class 10th and also on the basis of the merit list.
- The counselling process for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic admissions 2020 is done in the offline mode and students have to be physically present for it.
- In the counselling process, the applicants are asked to fill in their choices of colleges where they seek admission.
- However, it must be noted that the first choice of the candidate is not always given to him/ her. The marks scored by the applicant play a vital role in fetching him/ her the college of his/ her choice.
- The seat allotment of all students is done on the basis of their marks in the qualifying exam, choices filled by them, the availability of seats in those colleges, and their category.
- The students also have to bring their original documents for the counselling process. The document verification is also done during the counselling process itself.
- Along with their original documents, students also have to bring attested xerox copies of all documents.
- The students have to submit the seat acceptance fee as soon as a seat is allotted to them. They have to proceed with the admission process thereafter.
- There is a provision of changing the seat that is allotted to a candidate. Students must also go through those details.
- Candidates will have to report to the allotted colleges with the fees and required documents for completing the admission formalities.
Documents Required for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions Counselling Process 2020
All candidates are required to bring the documents that are given below. They have to produce the original documents and also bring a set of photocopies of all documents.
- Mark sheet of class 10th.
- Pass certificate of class 10th.
- Admit card of class 10th.
- Pass certificate, mark sheet and admit card of class 12th (If applicable).
- Application form of Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions 2020.
- Certificate of Domicile.
- Income Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Character Certificate (issued from the school).
- Transfer Certificate (issued from the school).
- Passport-sized photographs.
Fee Structure for Tamil Nadu Polytechnic Admissions 2020
The fee structure of polytechnic courses in Tamil Nadu colleges is given here. Students can find the Tamil Nadu polytechnic fee structure of both the government and private colleges. Refer to the table below to know the range of fee for the polytechnic in Tamil Nadu 2020.
Government Polytechnic Colleges
Nil (the government waived off the tuition fee of Rs. 2,500 in 2008)
Rs. 1,000 per year
Rs. 1,000 per year
Government Aided Polytechnic Colleges
Rs. 2,500 per year (waived off for handicapped and SC/ ST students)
Rs. 1,000 per year
Rs. 1,000 per year
Self Financing Polytechnic Colleges
Rs. 17,500 per semester
Rs. 27,500 per semester
Every year, a vast number of students compete for polytechnic admissions in more than 300 polytechnic colleges in Tamil Nadu. The duration of polytechnic courses is three years and the programme is spread over six semesters. Polytechnic courses pave the way for many unique and lucrative career options for students.