Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The second mock allotment result of JoSAA 2021 has been released on October 24, and the applicants must note that the mock allotment gives a tentative idea of seat allotment. Based on the mock allotment result, the candidates can alter the choices accordingly. It is also important to check the previous years’ JoSAA cutoff/ opening & closing ranks to get a basic idea while filling or editing the choices. Candidates who have filled choices shall be considered for mock allotment. The mock allotment of JoSAA 2021 is not final, and the candidates need to wait for the actual seat allotment.
JoSAA 2021 Counselling Latest News & Updates
October 27, 2021: JoSAA 2021 round 1 seat allotment result to be released today
October 24, 2021: JoSAA 2021 second mock allotment result released. Here is the direct link
October 22, 2021: JoSAA 2021 first mock allotment result released. Here is the direct link
October 22, 2021: JoSAA 2021 first mock allotment has been delayed
October 21, 2021: The first mock allotment result of JoSAA 2021 will be released on October 22. Here's the list of Do's and Don'ts to follow after checking the JoSAA mock allotment result
JoSAA 2021 Mock Allotment Process Video
JoSAA 2021 Mock Allotment Dates
The dates pertaining to JoSAA 2021 mock allotment are as follows –
Release of first mock allotment
October 22, 2021 (10:00 AM)
Release of second mock allotment
October 24, 2021 (10:00 AM)
Last date to fill or edit choices
October 25, 2021
Release of Round 1 actual seat allotment
October 27, 2021 (10:00 AM)
What is JoSAA Mock Allotment?
Mock allotment gives an idea to candidates regarding the admission chances based on the choices filled while registering for JoSAA counselling. In simple words, mock allotment is also called a trial allotment. The mock allotment and actual seat allotment results may vary.
Steps to Check JoSAA 2021 Mock Allotment
JoSAA will not publish a separate notification on its official website with regard to the release of mock allotment results. The candidates will have to log in on the specified date and time to check the mock allotment. Here are the simple steps to check/ access the mock allotment result of JoSAA.
- Visit the official website of JoSAA, i.e., www.josaa.nic.in
- Click on the option that indicates ‘Mock Allocation (1) based on Choice Filling’
- Enter the JEE Main Application Number, Password and Security PIN to log in
- Check the mock allotment result option on the login portal
- Your mock allotment result will be displayed on the screen
- You can edit your college choices based on the mock allotment result
Tips to Edit Choices as per JoSAA 2021 Mock Allotment
Here are some of the tips that will help you in editing college choices as per the JoSAA 2021 mock allotment –
- In most cases, the first option chosen by the candidates will be allocated in the mock allotment. If the candidates do not get an allotment based on the first choice, he/ she can edit the choices accordingly
- It is always important to check the previous 2-3 years’ JoSAA closing ranks to understand the seat allotment trends
- If you do not get an allotment as per the first mock allotment, edit the choices and wait for the second mock allotment. While editing the choices make sure that you checked previous years’ closing ranks
- Mock allotment result is 60% accurate and some candidates may get the same seat in the actual seat allotment
What to Do if Seat is Not Allotted in JoSAA Mock Allotment 2021?
Before the actual seat allotment result of JoSAA counselling, two mock seat allotment results are released to give a tentative idea to candidates about the college admission chances. Based on the choices filled by candidates, the mock allotment result is processed. Once the JoSAA mock allotment result is released, the aspirants can edit the choices. In some cases, the candidates may not get an allotment in the mock round. In such cases, the candidates need not worry. In this article, we have explained what can be done of no seat is allocated in JoSAA mock round.
Steps to Follow if No Seat is Allotted in JoSAA Mock Round 2021
Here are the important steps that a candidate can follow if no seat is allotted in JoSAA mock round 2021 –
Re-Check the Filled-In Options: The first step to follow if an allotment is not made in the mock round is re-checking/ re-assessing the options filled. It is important to check the first five options that you filled in the mock round. For the first five options filled, check the previous years’ JoSAA opening & closing ranks.
Re-Arrange the Options: Once you check the previous years’ closing ranks, try re-arranging the options and wait for the second mock allotment.
We hope that the above information helped you in getting an idea of the JoSAA 2021 mock allotment. Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest JoSAA 2021 news & updates.