Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
JoSAA 2021 second mock allotment result has been released on October 24. For the first mock allotment, candidates who filled choices until 5:00 PM of October 21 were considered. For the second mock allotment, candidates who filled choices until 5:00 PM of October 23 have been considered. While JoSAA mock allotment is just a trial allotment that gives a basic idea to candidates on the actual seat allotment result. It is important for candidates to consider the mock allotment result of JoSAA seriously and edit the choices smartly. Here are some of the suggestive Do’s and Don’ts that a candidate can follow once the JoSAA 2021 mock allotment result is out.
Do’s after JoSAA 2021 Mock Allotment
After checking the mock allotment result, the candidates can do the following tasks. Please note that the below Do’s are only suggestive and not mandatory.
- Firstly, check whether you got the allotment as per your first choice or not
- If you did not get an allotment as per the first choice, find out the reasons for the same. We suggest you check the previous years’ JoSAA opening & closing ranks of the respective institute
- After checking the previous years’ closing ranks and getting a basic idea, it is advisable to alter or edit the choices accordingly
- As per your rank in JEE Main/ Advanced, it is important to choose top NITs/ IITs/ IIITs/ GFTIs as the first five options
- It is always important to target multiple institutes instead of targeting a single institute in the counselling process. Therefore, choose any top 5 colleges as the first five options
- In the mock allotment, if you are allocated a college as per your second or third choice, try changing the choices again and check what happens in 2nd mock allotment
- If you are specifically looking for an allotment as per your region preference, choose the same as the first option and neighbouring institutes as the next three options.
- For example, if you are choosing NIT Andhra Pradesh as the first option, try choosing NIT Warangal as the second option, NIT Trichy as the third option. Smartly picking up the institutes as per the location preference plays an important role. However, you will need to choose the institutes only after checking at least the last 3 years’ JoSAA opening and closing ranks
- Understand that the registration process is still underway even after the announcement of the mock allotment result. Therefore, JoSAA mock allotment result can only be 60% accurate
Also Read: NIT B.Tech CSE Cutoff
Don’ts after JoSAA 2021 Mock Allotment
It is always important to avoid the following tasks after checking the JoSAA 2021 mock allotment –
- In the first and second mock allotment, if you got an allotment as per the first choice, it is advisable to not change or edit the choice order
- Do not edit the choices without checking the previous years’ closing ranks
- Do not lock the choices until the last date. It is important to check the second mock allotment as well and then lock the choices
- If you have a rank above 1,00,000, try choosing only those colleges that had a closing rank of abover1,00,000 in the last two years. Do not choose the colleges that had a closing rank below 50,000 in the previous years. Click here to check the list of colleges for low rank in JEE Main
If you still have some queries with regard to the mock allotment of JoSAA 2021, you can post your query through the Q & A section of CollegeDekho.
Also Read: NITs B.Tech Fee Structure 2021
For the latest JoSAA 2021 news & updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.