- Interested companies contact professor-in-charge or placement officer, Training and Placement Cell for a Job Notification Form (JNF) at email@example.com.
- JNF requires the companies to fill in mandatory details of the job profile – role offered, pay package, place of posting, eligible departments.
- Once the filled-in-JNF with all the required details is received, companies are assigned username/password to access their online account on T&P website.
- Companies are also assigned space on the server on which they may upload any presentation, videos, data or other information they want the students to see.
- The JNF has to be frozen on the T&P website by the company till a deadline, after which the students shall be able to view all the details, and the eligible students may apply.
- After the application deadline for the students, the resumes are visible to the company. The company submits shortlist on its online account before a deadline.
- Shortlisted students get notified.
- The placement office allots the dates for the campus interviews.
- After the completion of the selection procedure on campus, company is required to announce the final list of the students on the same day itself.
- If a student is selected, the job is registered against him/her and he/she would not be allowed to appear for more interviews as per placement policy.
Eligibility & Registration:
- All full time registered final year students of IIT Delhi (except QIP and Industry Sponsored students) are eligible to participate in the recruitment process for placements through the Training and Placement (T&P) Cell
- All students eligible for on-campus jobs have to register themselves with T&P.
- Students from earlier batches who are specially permitted as per Deferred Placement Policy will also be eligible to participate in the recruitment process.
Master CV and Verification:
- The eligible students are required to fill in the T&P Master CV and also upload their photograph in the space provided.
- It is expected that a student shall NOT add any ambiguous/wrong/fraudulent/misleading information in his/her resume. Resume checks will continue throughout the placement process. If, on verification, any discrepancies are found, the student would be de-barred from placements. This may also attract strict disciplinary action.
- All applications to the companies are to be made only through online system of the Training and Placement Cell, IIT Delhi. If a student does not apply on T&P website for a particular company, he/she will not be allowed to participate in the selection process of that company.
- A student can apply to a maximum of 50 companies before 1st December. He/She can apply to infinite number of companies post that. No withdrawal allowed is after the deadline. The quota status and the number of companies the student may further apply to will be constantly available on the T&P account application status page. Please check it after every application/withdraw.
- If any student falls below 80% attendance in the presentation, he/she will not be allowed to have infinite applications in the month of December (attendance is compulsory if you have applied/ pre-registered for any company). No extension of 50 applications will be permitted in any case. Students are responsible for their attendance during any activity.
- All students are advised to check the company profile and background thoroughly of each company before applying. Kindly make informed decisions BEFORE applying to any company on campus. T&P would NOT be liable for any default from the company's end at any stage later. Once you apply to a company all rules as per student policy will apply.
Rules of Withdrawing an Application:
The student may withdraw his/her application from a company on campus subject to the following rules and regulations:
- The student can withdraw his/her application to a company ONLY if the last date of application to that particular company is NOT over. There can be no withdrawals done after this date.
- The student may withdraw from any or all companies without any limits, but only before the last date of application to company/ies concerned.
- The student may also reapply to a company that he/she had earlier withdrawn from, provided he/she has not exceeded his/her application quota & application deadline for the company is not over.
- Each withdrawal from a company (before the last date of application to the company) will increase his/her application quota by one.
- After the last date of application all rules and regulations (including absenteeism penalty) mentioned in the section 'SELECTION PROCESS' will be applicable.
- One student is allowed to secure only one job if the gross package is more than 5.5 lakh per annum. If the gross amount offered is less than or equal to 5.5 lakh per annum, he/she is eligible to apply for a company whose gross amount is more than 5.5 lakh per annum. And therefore after one secures a job with gross greater than 5.5 lakh per annum, one would be automatically deregistered from that day onwards.
- As more than one company would be visiting the campus, there may be a possibility that one student secures more than one job on the same day. Therefore, each eligible student will be required to fill up his/her individual preferences in advance for each placement day, ranking the companies he/she has applied to/ has been shortlisted on a particular day, in the descending order of his/her choice. The preferences are editable till a day before by 23:59 hours or as notified.
- These preferences shall be used in case the student gets selected in more than one company on the same placement day.
- In case a student gets selected in 2 or more companies on the same day, then the company ranked higher in the preference order of the student will be the one where the student would be finally considered placed.
- In case a student does not fill the preference order for a placement day, then the allotment will be done by the electronic system and he/she will NOT be allowed to continue to appear for the placement process of the other companies.
- It is therefore advised that one MUST register their preference.
- In case a company does not give its final selection list on the same day it visits the campus, then the students will be allowed to appear in other companies visiting on subsequent days till they finally get selected. However, if a student has already been selected by a company that came on the subsequent day & the company that deferred its decision also makes an offer to him/her later on, then:
- In case more than one result of selected student(s) comes on the same day, then the student will be given an option to choose between company of the previous day and the company of the day.
- In case the result of the company (which deferred its selection process) gives its result on a day later than the day when the student was selected by another company, this late offer will be rejected and the company would be informed.
Acceptance of Offers:
- Selected students would get the message on their desktops. After this stage the student would be required to accept the offer by clicking on appropriate link in the T&P student login within 24 hours of declaration of the result. In case the offer is not accepted within 24 hours, the same would get communicated to the company through its online account with T&P. Whether one accepts or does not, one would not be allowed to participate further. It is advised that the students accept the offer immediately through the T&P online system.
- Students are advised not to sign offer letters under any company’s pressure before accepting it on the placement portal.
Off-Campus Application Rule:
- Students are strictly prohibited from making any contact with organizations that are likely to visit or have visited the campus for placement in the past 3 years. Link of companies available on: http://tnp.iitd.ac.in/past-recruiters.php
- Students found promoting or applying to companies identified as non-on-campus by Training and Placement cell, would be debarred from applying through T&P and may face strict disciplinary action
Pre Placement Offers Policy:
- All Pre-Placement Offers by any organization, extended to any student, have to be immediately reported to the Placement Office by the student after registration. This also includes offers extended by organizations that are not participating or are not likely to participate in the 2016-17 campus placements.
- All pre placement offers extended to any student have to be routed through the placement cell. If one likes the offer, one is advised to accept the offer. Such students who accept the PPO would, however, be deregistered from the on-campus placement process.
- All organizations contacted will also be informed about the PPO policy of the institute.
- Any form of intimation from an organization about the possibility of a PPO being granted in future should be informed to the Placement Office without waiting for the formal offer letter/email. The Placement Office will take up the matter with the organization further and the student will be allowed to appear for on campus placement activities as per normal policy until a decision regarding the grant of a PPO is made by the organization.
- Students should proactively review the terms and conditions for the PPO. In case of any difference between the company’s terms and conditions and the Institute Policy, the same should be explicitly brought to the notice of the Placement Office.
- In case the candidate rejects the PPO by 15th August or within one week of the release of PPO (whichever later), he is treated as a normal candidate.
- In case the candidate neither accepts nor rejects the PPO by 15th August or within one week of the release of PPO (whichever later), he/she would be allowed to appear for the on-campus placement process till such date that the company visits the campus. After that day, he/she would be deregistered.
- Students accepting or rejecting a PPO will have to immediately notify the Placement Office of the same with a copy of their communication to the organization. If the PPO is accepted, the job will be recorded, and he/she will be deregistered from the process.
Post Selection/ Joining Policy:
- In case the candidate after accepting the offer in December is not willing to join the company to pursue higher studies or for any other reasons, he/she should inform the company and T&P simultaneously before 15th April.
- In all other cases if the candidate does not inform about the above, he/she will be liable for any further consequences, including referral to the institute for disciplinary actions.
Student Conduct and Disciplinary Policy:
- Students are expected to behave with the companies in a courteous manner and should not argue with the recruiters and maintain decorum even under provocation.
- No discussion with the recruiters regarding selections/selection process should be done.
- If there are any behavioral problems from the recruiter’s side that students face, kindly inform the T&P Office immediately. Do NOT take action from your end.
- If there are any behavioral problems reported side against any student, appropriate disciplinary action will be initiated.
Absenteeism Rules and Policy:
- For absenteeism in any test, interview or any selection process which an applicant has to attend as part of a company’s recruiting procedure the following minimum penal action would apply:
- Absence of first time – Fine of Rs. 1000
- Absence of second time - Fine of Rs. 2000
- Absence of third time – Debarred from on-campus placement
- Re-registration requests will be entertained from 10 AM – 5 PM on working days only. Re-registration can take upto half a working day after receipt of the stamped payment voucher from the bank. If you fall below 80% attendance in the presentation you will not be allowed to have infinite applications in the month of December. No extension of 50 applications will be permitted in any case. Students are responsible for their attendance during any activity.
- A fine of Rs. 500 would be imposed on students who are absent in pre-registered placement events without LAF
- In case of emergency fill in the Leave Application form within working hours (10 AM – 5 PM) before the activity. You need to submit LAF in the T&P office yourself or send a representative on your behalf with his/her undertaking on the form. You can also drop a mail with the filled LAF on firstname.lastname@example.org atleast 3 hours prior to the start of the activity. Relevant proof needs to be attached with LAF for missing the event which includes
- IIT Delhi medical certificate for medical reasons
- If the class is scheduled at the activity time (if any) screenshot of Campus1 site showing that you are a part of that course.
- Other relevant proofs as per the reason.
- Please note: The LAF will not be counted as your attendance for the event. Attendance is counted ONLY when you are physically present.
- If for whatever reasons the student remains absent from any stage/round of selection process he/she would be immediately de-registered from T&P and would not be allowed to take part in the further placement processes till he/she gets himself/herself re-registered as described above.
- Students appearing for any tests/GD/presentation should be present atleast 10 minutes prior to the start of process. Any entry to the gate 5 minutes post the scheduled time would not be allowed. The candidate thus would be considered absent for that particular process. Any violation or forced entry after that time limit would be entitled to the above effects liable.
- No cell phones are allowed in a test. The process holds the same sanctity as any of the IIT minor/major exams and the candidate will be debarred if found violating it.
- Impersonation in tests or any kind of malpractice is a serious offence. Seating in tests will be pre-defined by T&P, any violation will be considered as malpractice and the student is liable to be deregistered immediately and also will be referred to the concerned authorities for disciplinary action.
- A list of companies coming on-campus for recruitment is put up on the T&P website. Students must NOT apply to any of these companies off-campus, as under an accord of mutual understanding between the firms and IITD, companies would notify T&P whenever they receive an off-campus application from any of IITD students. In all such cases suitable action as per the institute rules would be would be initiated apart from the candidates being deregistered.
- Students are not allowed to share their personal contacts via any means with the companies coming on-campus. If asked to fill at any places, you should fill the contact details of T&P office, refer to the T&P notification site for details or contact T&P office in case of discrepancy before proceeding.
- Students are NOT allowed to appear in final selection process (test/GD/interview etc) of companies they have not applied to through the T&P system or have not been shortlisted in those companies. Students must refrain from contacting personnel of such companies when they are on-campus. Violation of this will attract deregistration and suitable disciplinary action. Only special cases allowed with prior approval of T&P.
- IIT Delhi encourages students to complete atleast 40 days of industrial training after 2nd year. Students can be assigned companies for the same either through the Training and Placement Cell, IIT Delhi or the respective department faculty coordinators.
- Interested companies, for the same, contact professor-in-charge or placement officer, Training and Placement Cell for a Training Notification Form (TNF) at email@example.com.
- TNF requires the companies to fill in certain mandatory details (place of posting, eligible departments).
- Once the filled-in-JNF with all the required details is received, the same is uploaded on the T&P website for the eligible students to view and apply.
- After the application deadline for the students, the procedure is carried out as per the suitability of both company and Training and Placement Cell.
- Companies may shortlist candidates on basis of their resumes or may conduct a written test, dates for which are allotted by the Placement Cell.
- Shortlisted/selected candidates are notified through the online system on the same day.
- If a student is selected, he/she is registered against that company and is not allowed to appear for any other companies.
Eligibility & Registration:
- A student can do at most two internships for design units.
- Internship for Design units are permitted only in one of the following formats:
- Summer internship of 40 days duration, in which student can earn 2 design credits.
- Semester-long internship of 100 days duration, in which a student can earn 5 design units.
- Summer internships are allowed in the summer after the 4th registered semester of the student or later. Semester internships are permitted from the seventh registered semester or later.
- At least 30 credits required to be enrolled by the T&P unit for internship in the subsequent summer.
- At the beginning of the internship in the following summer, the student must have completed 50 credits to be eligible.
- Internships are permitted in industry, research laboratories or academic institutions involved in research, development and/or technology transfer. Any student opting for semester long internship may also be allowed to work on a start-up. All internships must be approved by the department in advance.
- In all cases, for award of non-graded design units, after completion of the internship, the work must be evaluated by the DPE committee of the student’s Department or the institute level DPE committee as the case may be. Both in case of activities in the institute, as well as internships, partial award of units would not be allowed, and the student(s) would be advised to do more work and reappear before the committee in case the work is found wanting in any respect.
- Three new internship courses per department as detailed below are available. Students who would like to opt for training will have to register for one of the three courses as per the following rules:
- The courses are : ( XX stands for the two-letter Department Course Code in the following course numbers: BB,CL,CV, etc)
- XXT200 Summer Internship 1: 2 units A summer internship of 40 working days. Pre-requisite: Earned credits : 30( at time of registration).
- XXT300 Summer Internship 2 : 2 units A summer internship of 40 working days, for students who have already done one summer internship. Pre-requisites:XXT200
- XXT400 Summer Internship : 5 units A semester internship of 100 working days. Pre-requisite: Earned credits : 60 (at the time of registration), 75 at the end of the semester preceding the internship. Semester internships could begin in July or January, typically synchronized with the starting date of the respective semester.
Master CV and Verification:
- The eligible students are required to fill in the T&P Master CV and also upload their photograph in the space provided.
- It is expected that a student shall NOT add any ambiguous/ wrong/fraudulent/misleading information in his/her resume. Resume checks will continue throughout the training process. If, on verification, any discrepancies are found, the student would be de-barred from training. This may also attract strict disciplinary action.
Training & Placement Cell Emails