Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Gujarat B.Sc Admission 2020 - Gujarat University has released the official notification for B.Sc admission in Gujarat. The online registration for CBSE and other board will students will begin from August 01, 2020. The Gujarat University Admission Committee (GUAC) is constituted by Gujarat University to regulate admissions for specific courses in Gujarat affiliated Colleges as mentioned in “The Gujarat University Admission Rules, 2020 (Science)”. The committee is responsible to conduct a centralized process for admission in the State Colleges. The idea is to implement a fair and transparent admission process in the state.
|Gujarat University B.Sc Provisional Merit List (Released)||Gujarat University B.Sc Cutoff|
|New Registration Link for Gujarat B.Sc Admission - CBSE & Other Board - To be Updated on August 01||Link to Purchase Online PIN for CBSE & Other Board - To be Updated on August 01|
Check details like Gujarat BSc Registration Process, Gujarat BSc Admission Process, Gujarat BSc Eligibility Criteria, Gujarat BSc Important Dates 2020, Gujarat BSc List of Gujarat University affiliated Colleges here.
Table of Contents
|Gujarat B.Sc Admission Dates||-|
|Gujarat B.Sc Registration||Gujarat B.Sc Counselling Process|
|List of Colleges Affiliated to Gujarat University||Gujarat B.Sc Reservation Policy|
|Gujarat B.Sc Eligibility||-|
The following are the important dates associated with Gujarat B.Sc. Admission 2020 :
Purchase of Online PIN
June 10, 2020, to June 28, 2020
Online Registration and Choice filling
June 15, 2020, to June 30, 2020
Declaration of Provisional Merit List
July 08, 2020
Reporting of discrepancy in merit to the Center (Gujarat
University – IAS Training Centre
July 09 & 10, 2020
Declaration of Final Merit List and College Allotment
July 15, 2020
Deposition of Tuition Fees at Bank counter
/Online payment of Tuition Fee/
Reporting with original documents/Certificates/
testimonials and bank receipt of paid fees at allotted College
July 21 to 31, 2020
Commencement of Academic Term
August 01, 2020
Display of vacant seats after Round-I
To be Notified
Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for admission in B.Sc. course at the Colleges/ Institutes in Gujarat:
- The candidate must have passed Class 12th in relevant subjects from Gujarat Board, CBSE, ICSE, NIOS or any other state board.
- Candidates who are appearing for supplementary examination are also eligible for admission in the current academic year as per the vacant seats declared under rule 20.
- Candidates who qualify the examination other than the Gujarat or CBSE board shall have to obtain Provisional Eligibility Certificate(PEC) from Gujarat University before registration.
Candidates aspiring for admission in B.Sc courses offered by Gujarat must note that 90% of seats are filled with candidates who have completed their Class 12th through Gujarat Secondary & Higher Education Board. 10% of seats are reserved for students of other boards. The category-wise reservation for Gujarat B.Sc admission is as follows -
|Name of the Category||Percentage of Reservation|
Admission for B.Sc course is not guaranteed without the online registration process. All Information related to Gujarat B.Sc Admission is released by the Admission Committee on the official websites and newspapers. Candidates can check the date of registration, Registration deadline dates and programme related information on the official website of the Gujarat Admission Committee.
Also Read: Scope of Actuarial Science
The online registration date is released on the official website of the Gujarat Admission Committee. Those who are willing to apply for a B.Sc. course must register for the course within the defined deadline.
The candidate must fill in the registration form online and pay the registration fees as defined by the Admission Committee. A candidate can register for only one course at the time. In case a candidate register for more than one course, the last registration will be considered as valid and all other registration shall be cancelled.
Candidates who belong to reserved category, other board or repeater must take a printout of the registration form and submit it at the Help Centre along with with the self- attested document copies, as required by the Admission Committee. Once registration and required documents are verified at the Help Centre, the candidate can collect the acknowledgement receipt authorized by the Admission Committee. Those who are applying for the first time need not undergo this process.
The admission process for B.Sc. degree programme is conducted in online mode. Gujarat University Admission Committee (GUAC) is responsible to prepare the merit list of candidates who qualify for admission. The merit list is prepared after the verification of the documents. GUAC displays the merit list of candidates on the official website.
After the merit list is prepared, the candidate will have to attend the counselling process. All details related to counselling shall be published on the official website of GUAC. While registering for the counselling process, the candidate can select up to 15 colleges or Institutes of their choice. Seats are allocated on merit basis, category of the candidate and also the availability of the seats.
Once a seat is allocated, the candidate must take a printout of information letter and copies of fee receipt from the website. The amount of fees to be paid is determined by the Admission Committee. In order to secure a seat at the allotted college, the candidate must visit the college on the defined date. He/ She must carry with him the allotment information letter, receipt of payment of fees, all original documents and testimonials. The documents are verified on the day of reporting at the college. Candidates who report in one college cannot take part in the further admission process.
In case the seats remain vacant after the final admission round, the Committee may conduct an online registration but offline admission process on the basis of inter-se merit. The candidate must pay the complete fees to secure a seat in the college. Fees paid to GUAC will be refunded after a 10% reduction in the fees. In case the seat remains vacant for the reserved category after the second round of seat allotment, the remaining seats will be transferred to open category.
Payment of Fees
Once the admission is confirmed in a Government, Aided or Unaided college or institution, the candidate must pay the fees as defined by the Gujarat University. In case the admission of the candidate is cancelled after the payment of fees, the fees shall be refunded after 10% deduction after the completion of the admission process.
Candidates must carry self- attested copies of documents along with the registration form at the Help Centre. Following are the list of documents required:
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Class 12th Marksheet
- School Leaving Certificate/ Transfer Certificate/ Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate for SC/ ST/ SEBC candidate issued by the authority
- Non- Creamy layer (NCL) certificate, if applicable from authority
- Certificate of Physical Disability, from Medical Authority
- Certificate of Ex-Serviceman, issued by the Director, Sainik Welfare Board or by the District Sainik Welfare Officer, if applicable
- Certificate of in Serviceman, as issued by the Commanding Officer of the respective unit in which he/she is serving, if applicable
Following are the guidelines which will help a candidate to complete the Admission process for B.Sc. in Gujarat Colleges:
Step 1: Create a Login Account
Visit the Gujarat University official website and create a login account. New users must click the ‘Registration’ link. A User Information Page will appear on the screen. Fill in the details to register.
The candidate must keep all the documents, scanned copy of photographs, signature, HSC Mark Sheets, Caste/PH Certificates (if applicable) and mobile phone with him at the time of registration for the first time.
Once the registration form is filled successfully, the candidate will receive an SMS that will contain the Registration No. The candidate must note the registration no. which is required throughout the Admission Process.
Step 2: Complete Student Registration
Click the next button. A user registration screen appears. Enter the 14 character PIN number, provided by the university. PIN number must be collected from the science colleges of Gujarat University.
After entering the PIN, the candidate must enter personal details. It must be ensured that correct data is filled at the time of registration. Once the registration is confirmed, the information cannot be changed.
A unique registration number will be generated and will be sent via SMS. It is also displayed on the top of the login form. The candidate must note the registration number for further Admission process.
Step 3: Login to User Account
- After successful registration, the candidate can access the application using the Registration No, PIN No, PIN Serial No. and Captcha. An admission form will appear on the screen after login to the account. Enter details like H.S.C. details,
- Those who select the ‘SEBC’ category must provide ‘non- creamy layer certificate no.’ and the ‘ issue date of certification’.
- Candidates who are not from Gujarat University must provide ‘Provisional Eligibility Certificate’ from Gujarat University. Physically handicapped candidates must enter the % of disability.
- HSC details like a board, seat no., year and month of passing, attempt and subject group must be correct and as per the Mark sheet.
Step 4: Upload Photograph and Signature
Recent passport size photographs must be scanned and uploaded with the online application. Candidates must also take a scanned copy of signature and upload the same.
Step 5: Upload High School Certificate Mark Sheet
The applicant must take a scanned copy of the mark sheet of previous years of studies and upload it in jpg format. The size of the images should be 100kb to 400 kb.
Step 6: Fill Choices
A list of B.Sc colleges will appear for choice filling. The candidate can select the colleges according to his/ her preferences. There is an advanced search option for the students to select the list of colleges.
Step 7: Submit the Online Admission Form
Candidates must carefully review the application before final submission. No changes can be done in the application after the application is submitted successfully. Once the application is submitted successfully, the candidate can take the printout of the application.
Step 8: Online Verification of Application and Documents
There will be no physical verification for Gujarat B.Sc Admission 2020. Candidates can fill in the application form at the university website and upload the required documents.
Once admission is granted, the candidate will have to visit the respective allotted college and get the documents verified for final admission confirmation.
In case of any discrepancy in information or documents, admission of the candidate may be cancelled. Candidates are advised to fill in the application and information with utmost attention.
Step 9: View Rank and Merit
Once the application and documents are verified successfully, the candidate can login to the online application portal and check the merit and rank.
Seat allotment is done on merit basis. Candidates whose admission is confirmed in one of the colleges can check “Print Provisional Allotment Letter and Fees Receipt”. The candidate must pay the fees and report at the college allocated within the defined dates. Final admission is confirmed only after the fees are paid successfully.
Check the list of Colleges affiliated to Gujarat University:
List of Government Colleges
- Government Science College, Gandhinagar
- Govt Arts And Science College Model School Campus, Rajoda, Bavla
- Gujarat Arts And Science College, Ahmedabad
- Dr. Apj Abdul Kalam Govt. College
List of Grant In Aid Colleges
- Bhavan's Sheth R. A. College Of Science, Ahmedabad
- C. U. Shah Science College Ashramroad, Ahmedabad
- K.K. Shah Jarodwala Maninagar Science College, Ahmedabad
- M. G. Science Institute
- R. G. Shah Science College, Ahmedabad
- Sheth L.H.Science College, Mansa, Gandhinagar
- Shri P.H.G.Muni.Arts & Science College, Kalol
List of Self Finance Colleges
- Ananya Institute Of Science, Kalol
- F.D College Of Science, Ahmedabad
- F.D. Science College For Women, Ahmedabad
- Girish Raval College Of Science, Gandhinagar
- Govt. Science College, Ahmedabad
- Jeel Goswami College Of Science & Research, Ahmedabad
- Khyati Institute Of Sciences, Ahmedabad
- Ktkm Sanchalit Institute Of Science, Kalol.
- L J Institute Of Applied Sciences, Ahmedabad
- President Science College, Ahmedabad.
- Samarpan Science And Commerce College, Gandhinagar
- Shankersinh Vaghela Bapu Institute Of Science & Commerce, Ahmedabad
- Shri Umiya College Of Science, Ahmedabad
- Naroda Science College, Ahmedabad
- Kameshwar Science College, Gandhinagar
- Jmd Science College, Gandhinagar
- Shri Swaminarayan Science College
- Arpan Science Colleg, Ahmedabad.
- C. U. Shah Institute Of Science, Ahmedabad
- Department Of Earth Science Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
GUAC conducts the admission process for B.Sc. in Gujarat University affiliated colleges. The committee is responsible for monitoring and controlling the entire admission process. It is also responsible for allocating the government Colleges, aided/ non- aided Colleges and Self- Financed Colleges. The admission is confirmed by the committee on merit basis and as per the preference of the college selected the candidate.
For more news and updates related to admission, stay tuned to CollegeDekho. You can also fill the CollgeDekho Common Application Form for Admissions.