Master of Health/Hospital Administration - Course Overview
Duration: 2.0 yrs | Mode: Regular| Avg. Fees: 1,50,000 / Year
About Master of Health/Hospital Administration
Master of Hospital Administration, also known as the Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) is a popular PG (Post Graduate) Healthcare and Hospital Management course. One of the most important aspects of MHA course is that it covers the main subject in the field, i.e., Hospital Administration. Hospital Administration is a field that deals with the management, leadership, and administration of
Master of Health/Hospital Administration Eligiblity Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the Master of Hospital Administration/ Health Administration are different from one college to
- Candidates who have graduated
B.Sc with Biology/ Physics/ Chemistry can take up MHA course in India.
- Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree in Science stream can take up MHA course.
- Some universities or colleges may consider BAMS, BPT,
B.Sc Nursing, BHMS, BDS and MBBS graduates for MHA course.
- Some universities or colleges may consider candidates with Bachelor’s degree in any stream for MHA course.
- Candidates who have a degree in paramedical courses can also register for
MHA coursein India.
- Therefore, it is the responsibility of the aspirants to check the MHA eligibility of a university or college before applying for admission.
Master of Health/Hospital Administration Syllabus
MHA course is divided into four semesters with two semesters in the first year and two in the second year. The syllabus of MHA course in different colleges and universities
Popular Specializations of Master of Health/Hospital Administration
Career Options and Job Prospects
The demand for professional healthcare administrators in India is high, as government and private healthcare units are striving hard to provide the best healthcare services to the citizens of India. For instance, the entry-level salary offered to an Assistant Medical Superintendent in India ranges around Rs. 30,000 – Rs. 50,000 per month.
Healthcare Administrators can find employment in the following areas
- Research & Educational Institutes
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Lifestyle Clinics
- Hospital Information
- E-Health Ventures
- Healthcare Sector
- Emergency Medical Care Units
Some of the important job roles that a person with
- Medical Superintendent
- Deputy Medical Superintendent
- Administration Executive
- Chief Operating Officer
- Hospital Administration Manager
- Clinical Nurse Manager
- Clinical Administration Coordinator
- Marketing Executive
- Quality Management Executive
- Patient Administration Specialist
- Organ Transplant
- Nursing Education Specialist
- Nurse Practitioner