- Aviation Courses after 12: Highlights
- Why Aviation Courses after Class 12th?
- List of Best Aviation Courses After 12th
- Entrance Exam for Aviation Courses After 12th
- Eligibility Criteria For Pursuing Aviation Courses After 12th
- How to Apply for Aviation Courses After 12th?
- Top Colleges Offering Aviation Courses in India
- Scope of Aviation Courses After 12th: Job Prospects
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Have you ever considered working in the Aviation industry? Aviation is a growing field in India and offers some of the best employment opportunities for a student after Class 12th. There was a time when aspirants had to pursue general graduation and then apply for various jobs in the aviation industry. However, now there are various institutes in the country that have courses particularly directed towards the aviation industry. After grade 12, there are many aviation courses you can enrol in. In aviation courses and related fields, students have the option of choosing a certification, diploma, BSc, BBA, or BTech. Candidates in class 12th board exam must have a minimum passing score of 50% to 60% to qualify. A BBA in aviation or a diploma in aviation are open to students from any stream. However, to enrol in programmes like BSc and BTech courses, students from the science stream must receive a grade in class 12 with a minimum of 60% in Physics and Mathematics as required subjects.
Aviation courses in India after class 12th are available at the degree or diploma level. Students who are interested in joining various sectors of the aviation industry have plenty of options of courses after completing Class 12th education. The number of colleges, quality of curriculum as well as the scope of aviation courses are all on the rise in India. While it was once dismissed as an unknown field by many in the past, it is now on its way to becoming one of the mainstream fields of education in the country. After the 12th grade, the annual course fee for aviation courses typically ranges from INR 1,00,000 to INR 5,00,000. The programmes help students advance their knowledge in their specialised fields and offer rewarding career options like becoming an Air Hostess or Pilot.
Aviation Courses after 12: Highlights
Before we dive into the various Aviation courses available after class 12th and their eligibility criteria, here is a brief overview table for Indian aspirants who wish to pursue Aviation courses after 12th:
Level of Study
Bachelors (BBA, B.Sc, B.Tech, BA, etc.) and Diploma
1 year to 4 years based upon the course
Entrance Exams + Class 12th Results + Personal Interviews
Average Course Fees
3 LPA to 15 LPA
Pilot, Aviation Line Technician, Flight Attendant, Cargo Manager, Service Maintenance Engineer, Pilot, Flight Test Engineer, Travel Agent, Flight Dispatcher, Aviation Marketer, Destination Specialist, etc.
Average Starting Salary
2 LPA - 8 LPA
Why Aviation Courses after Class 12th?
One of the best reasons to pursue aviation courses after 12 is the excellent employment opportunities. Plus, the field of aviation is a fast-paced and glamorous one. So, getting to live your dream job and travel to new places is the most significant part of the Aviation Industry, which is attracting the majority of candidates. Working at amazing locations and having brilliant networking opportunities while also earning decent pay is what has made different aviation courses popular among aspirants. So, is there anything more to ask before you live your dream life?
The aviation scope after 12 is enhancing and growing with time, so the stability of the job is also great. Various courses can help you secure a good job in the aviation sector. The wide choice in employment after 12th depends on your interest and how apt you choose an aviation course to learn the basics of the field. This decision will not only help you bag a good package but also help you explore different locations and travel escape for work. However, it is important to enrol for the course at one of the best colleges in India to ensure quality education and exposure to the field. In this article, we take a look at some of the best aviation courses and colleges in India. It is important to check every detail about the course or college before investing your time and money into it.
List of Best Aviation Courses After 12th
Following are some of the Aviation Courses that you can pick after Class 12.
|Name of the Course||Duration||Eligibility/ Selection Criteria||Roles Offered||Expected Salary (approx.)|
|BBA in Business Management||3 years||Minimum 50% marks in class 12 (any stream)||3,00,000 - 6,00,000 p.a.|
|BBA in Aviation||3 years||Class 12 in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks||3,00,000 - 6,00,000 p.a.|
|Diploma in Airport Management||1 year||Students from all streams can apply after class 12||2,00,000 - 5,00,000 p.a.|
|Commercial Pilot Training||4 to 5 years (depending on flying hours)||Minimum 45-50% marks in 12 with science stream (PCM)||5,00,000 - 12,00,000 p.a.|
|Diploma in Ground Staff and Cabin Crew Training||6 months to 1 year||Students from all streams can apply after class 12||4,00,000 - 6,00,000 p.a.|
|Diploma in Aviation Hospitality||1 year||Students from all streams can apply after class 12||4,00,000 - 6,00,000 p.a.|
|Aeronautical Engineering||4 years||Minimum 60% marks in 12 with science stream (PCM)||3,00,000 - 6,00,000 p.a.|
|BSc in Airline and Airport Management||3 years||Class 12th in any stream with at least 50% aggregate score||3,00,000 - 7,00,000 p.a.|
|B.Sc. Aviation||3 years||Minimum 50% marks in 12 with science stream (PCM)||2,00,000 - 4,00,000 p.a.|
|BBA in Airport Management||3 years||At least 50% marks in Class 12th from any stream||4,00,000 - 8,00,000 p.a.|
|Diploma in Airfare & Ticketing Management||6 months to 1 year||Students from all streams can apply after class 12||2,00,000 - 3,00,000 p.a.|
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME)||3 years (including 6 months training)||Minimum 50% marks in 12 with science stream (PCM)||3,00,000 - 6,00,000 p.a.|
Note: The figures mentioned above are subject to change.
Entrance Exam for Aviation Courses After 12thFor admission to different aviation courses available after class 12, the selection of students is done based on merit and entrance exams. Check out different entrance exams below:
- IGRUA: IGRUA or Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi conducts an entrance exam for selecting students in aviation degree programmes. The entrance exam is conducted in different centres across India. The selection process is followed by the Pilot Aptitude Test and Personal Interview conducted by the Interview board.
- JEEMain: JEE Main is conducted by the NTA to select students across different undergraduate degree programmes such as B Tech, BE and others.
- IMUCET: Indian Maritime University, Chennai and its affiliated colleges conduct a Common Entrance Test for different bachelor and diploma courses. For Aviation courses, students need to take the IMU CET exam.
- AFCAT: The Air Force Common Admission Test or AFCAT is an entrance exam conducted by the Indian Air Force. It is organised twice a year to select students for technical and non-technical posts in the Indian Air Force.
Eligibility Criteria For Pursuing Aviation Courses After 12th
The eligibility criteria for pursuing Aviation courses after 12 is different as per the course you choose. Having said that, the candidates interested must check the Aviation Courses available after class 12 and should ensure that they meet the generic eligibility requirements which are stated below:
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognised board such as CBSE, ICSE, or others with a minimum aggregate percentage ranging from 50% to 60%.
- For specific programmes such as B.Sc or B. Tech, the candidate must have studied Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects in 10+2. Some courses may additionally include Chemistry as a required subject.
- Many Aviation courses available after the 12th have entrance examinations for admission, such as the All India Entrance Examination for Admission, the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main, the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET), and others, for admission into an Aviation college in India.
How to Apply for Aviation Courses After 12th?
The admission process in different colleges varies, so students are advised to visit the official website of the selected college. Check out the steps below for applying to aviation courses:
- Step 1: Research the course and choose colleges to apply for the specific course of your interest.
- Step 2: Fill out the application form of the selected college.
- Step 3: The selection for various aviation courses is done through merit and entrance exams. So, students need to appear for the entrance exams such as AFCAT, IGRUA and AME CET. All these exams are conducted for aviation admission in India.
Top Colleges Offering Aviation Courses in India
Some of the Best Institutes offering Aviation Courses in India can be found given below.
|Chandigarh University||Lovely Professional University (LPU), Phagwara|
|A. J. Aviation Academy, Bangalore||IIKM Business School, Chennai|
|Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai||Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy, Hyderabad|
|Wingsss College of Aviation Technology, Pune||Hindustan Aviation Academy, Bangalore|
|Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics, Ahmedabad||Galgotias Business School, Greater Noida|
|Indian Institute of Aeronautics, New Delhi||Indian Institute of Aeronautics Science, Jamshedpur|
|Fighter Wings Aviation Academy (FWAA), Chennai||Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science, Kolkata|
|Indian Institute for Aeronautical Engineering & Information Technology (IIAEIT), Pune||Acharya Bangalore B-School (ABBS), Bangalore|
Scope of Aviation Courses After 12th: Job Prospects
The scope of pursuing Aviation courses after 12 is evergrowing. The industry offers a plethora of career opportunities to young aspirants and graduates in India after the completion of their Aviation course after 12th. The table depicts some of the job prospects scope available in the aviation industry:
These are the aviation courses that you can pursue after class 12. While choosing the programmes you must focus on courses that can complement your skill set and enhance your chances of employment. With the growing aviation scope after 12, students can pursue a degree, diploma or certificate from an approved institute, after which they will be eligible for the best roles in the aviation industry.
Job Prospects After Graduation
Diploma in Aviation
2,00,000 - 6,00,000
B.Sc/BBA Airlines, Tourism and Hospitality Management
3,00,000 - 7,00,000
B.Tech Aviation/Aerospace Engineering
5,00,000 - 8,00,000
3,00,000 - 6,00,000
These are the aviation courses that you can pursue after class 12. While choosing the programmes you must focus on courses that can complement your skill set and enhance your chances of employment. With a degree, diploma or certificate from an approved institute, you will be eligible for the best roles in the aviation industry.
If you have any doubts or queries, please ask them on our CollegeDekho QnA Zone. For help with admissions to aviation courses in India, talk to our counsellors by calling 18005729877 or just fill our Common Application Form (CAF).