Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) - Course Overview
Duration: 2.0 yrs | Mode: Regular / Distance / Part-time| Avg. Fees: 12,00,000 / Year
2274 courses | 689 colleges
About Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
PGDM or the Post Graduate Diploma in Management is a 2-year programme offered by autonomous b-schools in India. PGDM is considered equivalent to the MBA programme, however, the fees of PGDM courses is quite high as compared to the MBA programmes offered by state and central universities.
PGDM is also offered in distance, and part-time modes and the duration of these courses varies from institute to institute. Some institutes offer part-time PGDM programme for a duration of two-years, whereas, others offer three-year or flexible programmes. Although PGDM is a PG diploma course, the career prospects for those who pursue this course are very bright.
The curriculum of PGDM is quite similar to the MBA courses, however, this programmes follows a more practical approach to impart management training. The curriculum comprises rigorous follow-up through case studies in order to prepare the students for the industries.
- PGDM in Human Resource Management
- PGDM in Banking and Finance Management
- PGDM in Information Technology
- PGDM in Sales and Marketing
- PGDM in Digital Marketing
- PGDM in Supply Chain Management
- PGDM in Hospitality Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Eligiblity Criteria
- Min Qualification Required: Graduation (Full-time any field)
- Min. Marks Required (Aggregate): 50% to 70% varies from college to college
Note: Original copies of all necessary documents and mark sheets have to be presented during the time of admission at the respected college or university.
PGDM Admission Process:
- Admission to PGDM Courses is done on the basis of management entrance exams conducted by the respective institute or group of institutes.
- Candidates who qualify the entrance exams are invited by the respective institutes for personal interview (PI), written ability test (WAT) and Group discussion (GD).
- Final admission to PGDM is done of the combined performance in entrance exams, GD, PI and WAT.
Following are some of the Popular Management Entrance Exams for PGDM Courses:
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Management Aptitude Test (MBA)
- Xavier’s Aptitude Test (XAT)
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)
- Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH-CET)
- NMAT by GMAC
- Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT)
Popular Specializations of Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
Career Options and Job Prospects
PGDM is a widely accepted programme with quite high employability rates if pursued from good b-schools. Picking the right b-school for this programme is very important in order to boost your career opportunities. There are various organisations that recruit skilled managers every year. Fresh graduates can apply for various jobs after pursuing this course.
The starting salary of candidates who have pursued PGDM can vary from Rs. 6.5 lakh to Rs. 15 lakh. Skilled graduates who have pursued the course from institutes like XLRI, MDI Gurgaon, IMT Ghaziabad, etc. offer better packages that can go up to Rs. 25 lakh per annum, respective to the stream.