Master of Technology (M.Tech) - Course Overview
Duration: 2.0 yrs | Mode: Regular| Avg. Fees: 3,00,000 / Year
7000 courses | 2585 colleges
About Master of Technology (M.Tech)
Masters of Technology, also known as M.Tech, is one of the most popular courses amongst research enthusiasts who want to work in the field of technological research. The programme enables candidates to explore the realms of technology and come up with ideas that can enhance the technological growth of the nation as well as benefit humans in the longer run.
M.Tech programme comprises the study of old technology as well as upcoming technologies. The aim of the programme is to inspire innovation in the technical field and improvise existing technologies for better results. Research project and thesis are the major part of the programme.
The programme also enables the candidates to work on campus while pursuing the programme. Students enrolled for M.Tech programmes at central government and state colleges are also given a monthly salary of approximately Rs. 12,000.
Master of Technology (M.Tech) Eligiblity Criteria
- Min Qualification Required: B.Tech (In respective specialisation)
- Min. Marks Required (Aggregate): 50% to 60% varies from college to college
Note: Original copies of all necessary documents and mark sheets have to be presented during the time of admission at the respected college or university.
M.Tech Admission Process:
- Admission to M.Tech Courses are conducted on the basis of postgraduate engineering entrance exams conducted either by the institutes or the state.
- Candidates who secure qualifying marks in the entrance exams have to appear for counselling and personal interview rounds to evaluate the technical skills of the students.
- Final selection is done on the basis of marks in M.Tech entrance exam as well as personal interview.
Following are some of the Popular M.Tech Entrance Exams:
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- IIIT-B M.Tech Admission (IIIT Bangalore M.Tech Admissions)
- IIIT Delhi PG (IIITD entrance exam - PG)
Career Options and Job Prospects
There are various options that a candidate can pursue after completing the M.Tech course. Candidates who wish to foray into the academia can appear for UGC NET exam and apply for the post of lecturers at colleges. Also, research is a good option and candidates can pursue Ph.D. courses in their respective fields.
Salary after pursuing M.Tech can vary from Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 22 lakh per annum. Salary packages vary depending on the institutes that the candidates have pursued the course from and also on the specialization they have chosen. Mostly, jobs offered in the software industry are quite lucrative. However, jobs are available after pursuing other specialisations as well.