Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
PSU recruitment through The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 is a major reason for the increase in the number of GATE applicants every year. At least 50 PSUs recruit through GATE and close to 10
What are PSUs?
Before we talk about PSU recruitment through GATE 2020, let’s take a look at what PSUs
All the PSUs recruit candidates as Engineer Trainee (ET) on the basis of the GATE score and this is followed by GD and interview. Therefore, GATE plays a very important role in PSU recruitment.
Why do PSUs hire basis GATE score?
- A career in the PSU sector requires understanding and in-depth knowledge of the engineering principles. GATE is one of the exams which
tests technicalknowledge and the general aptitude of the candidates.
- GATE scores are not prone to manipulation as it is a computer-based exam. The results are unbiased that way and it is considered to be a reliable exam.
PSU Recruitment through GATE began from 2012 and initially, only a few PSUs were a part of the recruitment
Types of PSUs
There are broadly three different types of PSUs and they have been divided on the basis of the stock exchange and their presence globally. The PSU categories are as follows:
There are 7 Maharatnas including NTPC, GAIL, IOLC, ONGC, BHEL, Coal India and Steel Authority
There are divided into two categories-Category I and II. Some of the popular ones are WAPCOS, BSNL, BEML, and PEC
There are 17 Navratnas including Power Grid, OIL, BPCL, Neyveli and VIZAG Steel
Apart from these, there are some other PSUs as
Eligibility criteria for PSU recruitment through GATE 2020
The eligibility criteria for every PSU is different and it is important for candidates
The age limit for general candidates is between 21-27 and 21-30 years for SC/ST candidates. It can vary also for different PSUs like for instance, the maximum age limit for general candidates is 33 for SAIL
Candidates should have all their academic certificates intact
Candidates must have a B.Tech, B.E degree but candidates in the final year of graduation can also apply
Scoring 70% in graduation makes candidates eligible for all the PSUs while scoring more than 65% makes candidates eligible for most of the PSUs
Candidates need to have a GATE scorecard of their respective subject paper
Selection Process of PSU Recruitment
The application forms for most of the PSUs are available online and the candidates can then apply through their GATE 2020 registration number, they need to fill the registration form and send it along with the registration fee. SC/ST candidates don’t have to submit the application fee.
After the declaration of GATE 2020 results, candidates will be shortlisted and the shortlisted candidates will be called for the written exam. This written exam is applicable only for a few PSUs. After the written round, candidates will be called for GD and personal interview.
However, different PSUs have different selection criteria. Most of them recruit candidates on the basis of their performance in GD/PI (BPCL) and some give weightage to GATE, GD and PI (IOCL).
How to Apply for PSU Recruitment through GATE 2020
To apply for PSU recruitment through GATE 2020, candidates need to follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of the PSU
- Click on the link for the application form
- Enter the necessary details such as GATE registration ID and other details
- GATE registration ID will be given once the candidate receives the admit card
- After filling in the application form, candidates need to submit the form along with the supporting documents
- Some PSUs also have an application fee that needs to be paid along with the form. It can be paid either through a challan/DD or online
PSU Recruitment Important Dates 2020
The table below lists some of the important dates for GATE 2020.
GATE 2020 Entrance Test
February 01, 02, 08, 09, 2020
March 17, 2020
List of PSUs recruitment through GATE
Given below is the list of the PSU's which recruit on the basis of the candidate's GATE score and they offer good remuneration depending upon the posts that the candidates are hired for:
- Rail India Technical and Economic Science
- Central Electronics Limited
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
- Gas Authority of India Limited
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Airport Authority of India (AAI)
- Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO recruitment)
- BSNL Junior Telecom Officer (JTO)
- National Highway Authorities of India (NHAI)
- BSNL Junior Telecom Officer (JTO)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Magazon Dock Shipbuilders (MDL)
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO)
- West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL)
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC)
RITES Recruitment through GATE 2020
RITES, under the Ministry of Railways, has invited applications for the post of graduate engineer trainees (GETs) through GATE 2020 and 2019 score. The total vacancies are told by the authority before the exam and candidates can apply online. The application process goes on for around a month. The weightage of GATE score is 75 per cent. Candidates who will be selected can look forward to a pay scale between Rs.40,000-RS.1.40 lakh per month apart from the allowances.
Indian Oil Recruitment through GATE 2020
Indian Oil's recruitment is also done through GATE 2020 for the post of officer, engineers, assistant officer and research officers. To apply, candidates will have to visit the official website. For graduate and postgraduate posts, the pay will be around Rs.17 lakh per annum. For PG Chemistry posts, candidates can look forward to getting RS. 14 lakh per annum. Candidates will be chosen on the basis of their GATE score and they will be called for interview and the next rounds of selection post which a final merit list is prepared and on that basis, jobs will be allotted.
ONGC Recruitment through GATE 2020
ONGC advertises vacant posts that are open for hiring and candidates have to find that information on its official website. ONGC recruits candidates on the basis of GATE scores. The posts in ONGC include E1 level posts, Assistant Executive Engineers and many other positions.
Central Electronics Limited Recruitment through GATE 2020
Candidates can apply for the posts of graduate engineers by visiting the official website of Central Electronics and they can apply through GATE 2020. The candidates can expect remuneration around RS. 8.35 lakh per annum.
DDA Recruitment through GATE 2020
DDA releases official notifications on its website and candidates can apply for the posts of assistant executive engineers (electrical/ mechanical), assistant executive engineers (Civil), and assistant executive engineers (electrical/ mechanical), etc. depending upon the vacancy. Candidates who take the GATE 2020 can apply through their score online on the official website. There is a three-stage recruitment exam to get the job
If you want to set up your career in one of these renowned PSUs then GATE is a golden opportunity to do so. It is your ticket to landing a lucrative job with PSUs.