TS AGRICET 2024 Eligibility Criteria - Age Limit, Qualification

Updated By Sakshi Gautam on 03 May, 2024 12:33

Predict your Percentile based on your TS AGRICET performance

Predict Now

TS AGRICET 2024 Eligibility Criteria

TS AGRICET eligibility criteria 2024 is prescribed by Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University, Hyderabad. Students applying for UG admission through the TS AGRICET exam 2024 must first check their eligibility. The most recent TS AGRICET 2024 eligibility criteria state that the candidate must have a Diploma in Agriculture, Seed Technology, or Organic Agriculture from PJTSAU or ANGRAU in order to take the exam. The general category's age range is 17 to 22 years old, with a lower and upper limit.

TS AGRICET, or Telangana State Agriculture Common Entrance Test, is a state-level entrance exam offered by Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU). It is held annually to admit students to the university's and affiliated colleges' B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture programmes. Only candidates who meet all of the TS AGRICET 2024 eligibility requirements will be permitted to take the TS AGRICET 2024 exam. Candidates who do not meet the TS AGRICET 2024 eligibility criteria will be unable to fill out the TS AGRICET 2024 Application Form. Candidates can view the following page for more information on the TS AGRICET Eligibility Criteria 2024.

Upcoming Agriculture Exams :

  • BCECE

    Exam date: 01 Jul, 2024

Detailed TS AGRICET Eligibility Criteria 2024

Before filling out the TS AGRICET 2024 application form, candidates must review all eligibility criteria. All aspirants who wish to take the TS AGRICET exam in 2024 must first meet the eligibility requirements. The eligibility criteria for TS AGRICET 2024 are as follows:

  • The candidate must have passed a Diploma in Agriculture from PJTSAU / ANGRAU only.

OR 

  • The candidate must have passed a Diploma in Seed Technology from PJTSAU / ANGRAU only.

OR

  • The candidate must have passed a Diploma in Organic Agriculture from PJTSAU or Organic Farming from ANGRAU only.

  • The candidate must have passed all the subjects at the qualifying exam level.

  • The candidates who are appearing for the final exam are also eligible to apply for the TS AGRICET exam.

  • Candidates who have completed 17 years as of December 31, 2023, with an upper age limit of 22 years for all categories and 26 years for S.C., S.T., and 28 years for P.H category, are eligible to apply. 

Age Limit for TS AGRICET

It is important for the candidates who intend to appear for the TS AGRICET 2024 exam to know about the age limit under TS AGRICET 2024 eligibility criteria. Given below is the age limit for different categories of the candidates for the TS AGRICET exam 2024:

Category

General/ OBC

SC/ST

PH

Lower Age Limit

17 Years

17 Years

17 Years

Upper Age Limit

22 Years

26 Years

28 Years

TS AGRICET Reservation

According to Telangana governments' rules, 85% of the seats are reserved for local candidates, with the remaining 15% falling under the unreserved quota. There are 8 B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture Seats available in the EWS Quota (6 Agricultural Diploma Students + 1 Seed Technology Diploma Student + 1 Organic Agriculture Diploma Student). There are 30 B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture seats available in the self-finance quota (25 for Agricultural Diploma students + 03 for Seed Technology Diploma students + 02 Organic Agriculture Diploma students).

Want to know more about TS AGRICET

FAQs about TS AGRICET Eligibility

I am in my last year of Diploma. Can I apply for TS AGRICET?

Yes, the candidates who are in their last year of Diploma can also apply for TS AGRICET.

What is the age limit to apply for TS AGRICET?

To apply for TS AGRICET, the candidate must have completed 17 years of age with an upper age limit of 22 years (26 years for SC/ST and 28 years for PH).

Can a student who has not pursued his/ her Diploma from PJTSAU / ANGRAU can apply for TS AGRICET?

No, it is mandatory for the candidates to pursue his/ her Diploma from PJTSAU / ANGRAU to get eligible for TS AGRICET.

How much percentage is required in Diploma to get eligible for TS AGRICET?

You need to pass all the subjects at the qualifying exam level to get eligible for TS AGRICET.

I have completed my 12th in PCM. Can I get lateral entry admission to Agriculture Engineering through TS AGRICET?

No, only the candidates who have completed their Diploma in Agriculture/ Seed Technology/ Organic Agriculture courses are eligible to apply for TS AGRICET.

Still have questions about TS AGRICET Eligibility ? Ask us.

  • Typical response between 24-48 hours

  • Get personalized response

  • Free of Cost

  • Access to community

Top
Planning to take admission in 2024? Connect with our college expert NOW!