XAT 2018 Exam Pattern
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) 2018 will be organised by XLRI Jamshedpur on 7th January, 2018 in online (Computer-Based exam) mode. XAT has been an offline test for more than 60 years but it will be conducted online for the first time in 2018. This is a major change made by XLRI in the XAT exam.
The XAT exam tests candidates basis 2 Papers. Paper 1 includes Decision Making, English Language & Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability (QA ) sections. Paper 2 has GK and Essay Writing. Those who successfully clear the XAT exam are invited for further selection rounds, which may include Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
The complete information about XAT exam pattern is given below:
- The medium of the XAT exam is English.
- The exam is divided into Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 has around 70 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) from sections including Decision Making, English Language & Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability.
- Paper 2 has 25 questions from GK and one Essay topic.
- Both the Papers must be completed in 205 minutes.
- The score of Paper 2 is only be used for the final admissions, and not for selecting candidates for the GD/PI round.
XAT Exam Pattern 2018:
|Papers||Sections||Number of Questions|
English Language & Logical Reasoning
XAT Marking Scheme 2018:
It is important for candidates to have a clear understanding of the XAT marking scheme before they take the examination.
- For every correct answer, one mark will be given to the candidates.
- There is 0.25 (1/4) negative marking for every incorrect answer.
- Candidates can leave only 12 questions unattempted during the XAT Exam. Beyond this number, every unattempted question will lead to a deduction of 0.05 marks.
- In Paper 2, General Knowledge will have 25 questions carrying one mark each. There is negative marking in Paper 2.
XAT Time Duration 2018:
The total duration of XAT 2018 exam is 205 minutes. Duration of Paper 1 is 170 minutes. After that, candidates will get a break of 5 minutes. Next will be Paper 2, which will be 35 minutes long. XLRI recommends that the candidate should try and avoid spending more than 15 minutes on the General Knowledge and 20 minutes on Essay Writing sections.
XAT Mode of Answering 2018:
XAT 2018 is to be held in online mode and candidates will have to answer by clicking on the correct option using a mouse. For essay writing section of Paper 2, candidates will probably be provided a sheet.
XAT No. of Questions 2018:
The number of questions asked in the exam is not fixed and keeps changing year after year. According to XLRI Authority, there may be some changes in the total number of questions. If we take a look at the XAT 2017 Exam Pattern, there were 72 questions in Paper 1, where Quantitative Ability section was given the highest weightage. The number of questions asked in Paper 2 section 2 is consistent, with one essay writing topic and 25 questions in GK.
Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided above is based on XAT 2017. It will be updated as and when the latest update is available.