BITSAT 2018 Registration & Eligibility
Accepted For : B.Tech
Exam Mode : Online
07 Jan, 2018
13 May, 2018
116 days to go
BITSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Conducted by BITS Pilani for admission to its Integrated First Degree Programmes of Engineering offered at its three campuses including Pilani, Hyderabad, and Goa, BITSAT 2018 Application Process will start from the first week of March.
Candidates who are appearing for 10+2 examination in 2018 or who have passed 10+2 Examination in 2017 are eligible to apply for BITSAT 2018. Candidates who passed 10+2 exams in 2016 or earlier are not eligible to appear for BITSAT 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2018 for Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharma) Courses:
- Candidates should have passed Class 12 examination from a recognised Central or State board or its equivalent
- Candidates should have passed 12th Class, with subjects including Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology. Adequate proficiency in English is also a requirement.
- Candidate should have scored a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the subjects.
- Only those who are appearing for 12th examination in 2018 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2017 are eligible to appear for BITSAT-2018.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his/her latest performance will be considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Those who passed Class 12 examination in 2015 or earlier are not eligible to take BITSAT-2018. Also, those who are presently studying at any of BITS campuses cannot apply for BITSAT-2018.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2018 for Non - Pharmacy Courses:
- The candidates should have qualified in the 10+2 Standard Examination from a recognised Central or State Board.
- The candidate should have passed Class 12th with subjects including Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
- A minimum of 75% marks in aggregate is required in these subjects.
- The candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% marks in each subject to be eligible for BITSAT.
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- Those who get 1st rank in their board examination will get direct admission in the course of their choice but they must produce the proof of the first rank.
- The candidate has to be between the age group of 21 and 25 years.
- Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS admission website by 20th May, 2018.
BITSAT 2018 Admissions:
Admissions will be done purely on basis of the merit list prepared by BITS, Pilani. The merit list of the candidates for admission in BITS will be prepared based on marks obtained by the candidates in the BITSAT 2018. There will be two different merit lists prepared for admission – one for all the courses except B.Pharm and the other for B.Pharm course.
If the score of two candidates is similar, Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm) marks will be considered first in BITSAT 2018 as a tie-breaker. If the tie remains, their Physics score will be considered. If the tie continues, Chemistry marks will be considered. If there is a tie again, Class 12 marks will be considered.