Updated By Vaibhav Bansal on 20 May, 2022 17:17
Get SBI PO Sample Papers For Free
The State Bank of India will conduct the SBI PO 2022 Exam in three stages: online prelims, mains, and interview. All applicants must be familiar with the Exam Pattern for SBI PO 2022 in order to succeed in the exam. Because the number of vacancies has decreased significantly from previous year, passing the exam will not be an easy task. As a result, prior knowledge of the SBI PO Exam Pattern 2022 is important, as it will provide you with a foundation from which to begin your effective exam preparation. Let's have a look at the SBI PO Exam Pattern in detail to help you prepare.
Exam Pattern for SBI PO 2022 Prelims
The Preliminary Exam is the first stage of the SBI PO 2022 Recruitment process, and candidates must pass it to be considered for the SBI PO Mains Exam.
1. The SBI PO Prelims Exam, like every previous PO Exam, will be divided into three sections: English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
2. In the SBI PO Prelims Exam 2022, there will be a total of 100 Objective type questions.
3. The exam will last for one hour (20 minutes for each section).
4. Because the SBI PO Prelims is a qualifying exam, no marks will be added to the final merit list
Penalty for incorrect answers: For each question attempted incorrectly, a candidate will be deducted 0.25 marks. If a candidate leaves a question unanswered or blank, no marks will be deducted.
Exam Pattern for SBI PO 2022 Mains
The Objective and Descriptive Sections of the SBI PO Mains Exam are discussed in detail below:
1. A three-hour objective paper and a thirty-minute descriptive paper are required.
2. There will be four sections in the objective section: reasoning and computer aptitude, data analysis and interpretation, general/economic/banking awareness, and English language.
Penalty for incorrect answers: A candidate would lose 0.25 marks for each incorrect question attempted in the SBI PO Mains Exam. If a candidate in the exam leaves a question unattempted or blank, no marks will be deducted.
Process of Interviewing
A candidate who passes both the Prelims and Mains Exams for SBI PO 2022 will be invited to a GD-PI session, where they will be interviewed by a panel of selectors about their previous experience and questions about General Knowledge and the Banking Sector. It is important for a candidate to pass the Interview Process in order to be considered for the SBI PO 2022 Exam.
Number of Questions
Mode of Examination
Sections in Paper
3 (English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability)
Marks/Questions in each section
English language: 30
Quantitative aptitude: 35
Reasoning Ability: 35
|Time Allotted to Each Section|
English language: 20 min
Quantitative aptitude: 20 min
Reasoning Ability: 20 min
Name of test
The first stage for SBI PO 2022 Recruitment is the Preliminary Exam, in which the aspirant has to qualify in order to get shortlisted for SBI PO Mains Exam.
1. There will be 3 sections in SBI PO Prelims Exam like any other PO Exam: English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
2. A total of 100 multiple choice questions will be asked in SBI PO Prelims Exam 2022.
3. The exam duration is 1 hour (20 minutes for each section).
4. SBI PO Prelims is qualifying in nature and marks will not be counted while preparing the final merit list.
Note: 0.25 marks will be deducted for every question answered wrong by a candidate. No deduction will be done for questions left unattempted or blank.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
The SBI PO Mains Exam will comprise of Objective & Descriptive Section, which is described below in detail:
1. Objective paper to be completed in 3 hours and descriptive paper in 30 minutes.
2. In the objective part, there will be 4 sections namely Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation & General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness, and English Language.
3. A descriptive paper will have 2 questions in this paper.
4.0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer while no deduction will be made if a question is left unattempted by a candidate.
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
|Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Descriptive Test||02||50||30 minutes|
A candidate who clears both the Prelims & Mains Exam of SBI PO 2022 will be further called for a GD-PI session wherein they will face a panel of selectors discussing their past experience and questions related to General Knowledge and of the Banking Sector. It is essential for a candidate to clear the Interview Process in order to ensure their final selection in the SBI PO 2022 Exam. The qualifying marks for this round will be decided by the Bank and the marks allotted to these rounds are:
There will be negative marking for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests.
For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no negative marking for that question.
Want to know more about SBI PO
The maximum age limit for SBI PO is 30 years. For more information click on the link mentioned below:-
If you wish to know more information about SBI PO, please fill out our Common Application Form (CAF) and our admission experts will contact you and provide you with all the information you need to know. You can also call us on our toll-free number 1800-572-9877 for any assistance
Thank youREAD MORE...
Typical response between 24-48 hours
Get personalized response
Free of Cost
Access to community