UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
UPSEE 2018 (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination) is organised by Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), U.P. each year for admission to under graduate and post graduate programmes. UPSEE Eligibility Criteria may vary for different programmes.
Eligibility Criteria for B.TECH./B.PHARM./B.ARCH./BHMCT/BFAD/BFA:
- Candidate should pass the intermediate examination of U.P. Board or class 12th examination or its equivalent from any recognised Board/University.
- Candidates should pass without grace in each of the compulsory subjects and one optional subject for filing the UPSEE 2018 Application Form.
- Candidates should have obtained minimum 45% marks and 40% marks for reserved (SC/ ST) category in aggregate in the required three subjects.
- Candidates having a 3 years Diploma in Architecture (10+3) recognised by Central / State Government are also eligible for admission in the first year of B. Arch. only, subject to the condition that candidate has passed the Diploma examination with minimum 50% marks in aggregate without grace. They will also be required to appear in the entrance examination for the first year of B. Arch. Paper 4.
- Those candidates eligible for admission in the B.Tech programme will also be eligible for B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering) and B.Tech (Biotechnology).
Eligibility Criteria for MBA/MCA/Integrated MBA Courses
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree from any recognised university with the minimum 50% for General category and 45% for Reserved (SC/ST) category.
- Candidates should pass with Mathematics in Class 12th or graduation level to be eligible for admission to MCA programme.
- For 5 year MBA programme (Integrated MBA programme) (Dual degree), candidates should pass Class 12th from UP Board or equivalent exam from any recognised board.
Eligibility Criteria for Lateral Entry:
For Lateral Entry in B. Tech Programmes, the following UPSEE eligibility norms are followed:
- The Direct Admission (Lateral Entry) in the second year of B.Arch. the programme is not allowed.
- Lateral entry in B.Tech for Engg. Diploma holders or B.Sc. Graduates with Mathematics as one of the subject in XII standard is offered in the institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow.
Eligibility Criteria for admission to the second year in any branch of Engineering / Technology (Lateral Entry):
- Passing 3 years Engg. Diploma from a U.P. Institution, with minimum 45% marks and 40% for reserved (SC/ ST) category
- Those who have parents (father or mother) with the domicile of Uttar Pradesh and have passed 3 years Engg. Diploma with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST) recognised by the Board of Technical Education, U.P., in any branch of Engineering (except Agriculture Engg., Pharmacy, and Architecture).
- Those who have 3-year B.Sc. degree from any recognised University with minimum 45% marks and 40% for reserved (SC/ST) category in aggregate and have passed 12th standard with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for admission to the second year of Agriculture Engg. (Lateral Entry):
- Candidates should have passed 3 years Diploma in Agriculture Engg. from a U.P. Institution with minimum 45% marks and 40% for reserved (SC/ ST) category Or Parents (father or mother) with the domicile of U.P. and passed three years Diploma in Agriculture Engg. with minimum 45% marks and 40% for reserved (SC/ ST) category from an institution recognised by the Board of Technical Education, U.P.
Eligibility Criteria for admission to the second year of B. Pharm
- Candidates should be a B.Sc Graduate or 2/3 years Diploma in Pharmacy with mathematics subject in Class XII.
Eligibility Criteria for admission to the second year of MCA
- Candidate should have a bachelor degree of minimum three years in BCA/B.Sc (IT/Computer Application).
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 50% aggregate if they are in general category and 45% marks if they are in SC/ST category.
Note: Lateral entry in B.Arch./BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA courses is not permitted.