CLAT UG Exam Syllabus:
English with Comprehension:
- The English section analyses the student’s English proficiency based on grammar and comprehension passages. In the Comprehension section, students are given a passage and questions, and they have to answer the questions with their understanding of the passage and meanings of the words given in the passage, its central theme, etc.
- The Grammar section involves correction of incorrect grammatical mistakes in the sentences, fill-ups in the sentences with suitable words, etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- The General knowledge section evaluates students based on their awareness.
- Questions based on the current affairs analyse students on the basis of their knowledge of international and national current affairs.
Also Read: Best Coaching Institutes for CLAT Preparation
This section analyses student’s knowledge of elementary Mathematics (10th Class/standard).
- This section analyses student’s knowledge of the study of law, research aptitude and problem-solving ability.
- Questions may consist of legal propositions and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be 'true' in the real sense, students will have to guess the 'truth' of these propositions and answer the questions properly.
- The objective of the logical reasoning section is to analyse the students' ability to identify logical links, examine the patterns, and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as logical sequences, syllogisms, analogies, etc.
- Visual reasoning will not be tested.