The CLAT 2019 registration process is expected to begin from 1st January 2019. Before filling the CLAT 2019 application form for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, candidates must ensure that they meet the required eligibility for CLAT 2019. The eligibility for both CLAT UG and PG programmes is as under:
For Undergraduate Programmes:
- The candidate should have cleared 10+2 with at least 45% marks for General/Specially Abled Persons (SAP)/ OBC and other categories category and for SC/ST it must be 40 %.
- The candidate should submit his/her qualifying result (10+2) at the time of admission.
- The candidate appearing for 10+2 examination in March/April 2019 is also eligible for appearing in CLAT 2019 online examination. However, he/she shall be required to submit the proof of passing the 10+2 examination at the time of admission. Failing to submit the proof means candidates shall lose his/her seat of admission.
- The maximum age set to appear in CLAT 2019 is 20 years for General category, 22 years for SC/ST category candidates.
For Postgraduate Programmes:
- The candidate should have 3-year LL.B degree/ 5-year LL.B integrated degree or any equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for General/Specially Abled Persons (SAP)/ OBC and other categories and 50% for SC/ST category candidates.
- The candidate should have completed the final semester/final year exam of the undergraduate degree examination at the time of admission.
- In case of those candidates who have appeared in the degree exam, they must submit their final result of qualifying examination within the time given by the respective University/Institute. Till then, those candidates will be given provisional admission.
- There is no upper age limit for the postgraduate law programme in CLAT 2019.