Jamia Milia Islamia University conducts counselling every year for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The seat allocation usually starts in the month of July. Only those who successfully qualify the Jamia Milia Entrance Test are called for JMI counselling.
- The selected candidates will have to appear for counselling as per the stipulated date and time.
- JMI B.Tech counselling will be based on scores obtained by the candidates in JEE Main 2017.
- Candidates must report to authorised person at the specified time for the counselling.
- During the counselling process, the candidates have the choice to fill up for various courses. On the basis of their performance in the entrance exam, the seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- The verification of original documents will be done at the time of counselling, so as to verify records of identification, age, qualifying examination and category of candidates.
- In each programme of JMI, 30% of seats are reserved for Muslim candidates.
- Muslim women applicants get a reservation for 30% of the total number of seats in each programme.
- As per the list notified by the Central Government, 10% seats in each programme is reserved for Muslim OBC and ST.
- For Muslim OBC candidates, the reservations will only be applied if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer with a valid certificate, which should be provided at the time of JMI Counselling.
- There will be 3% seat reservation for PWD candidates for admission to the University.
- The selected candidates will have to pay the tuition fees and other fees within the specified date, as prescribed by the University.
Documents Required at the Time of JMI Counselling Process
At the time of counselling, candidates must carry their Admit Card along with self-attested photocopies of the following documents besides the originals:
- Mark sheet of Class X and XII, Graduation
- Passing Certificate of Class X and XII
- Admit card and score card
- Printout of downloaded application form
- Printout of completed JMI online application form.
- Proof of ID such as Voter card, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, and Driving License school/College ID card.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Applicants seeking admission under ‘Kashmiri Migrants’ category have to submit their certificates
- Candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir need to submit state – domicile certificate.
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
- Six recent passport size coloured photograph.