CMAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The CMAT 2018 eligibility criteria include the minimum requirements that a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible to take the exam. CMAT is a gateway for management aspirants to get admission into MBA and PGDM programmes offered at AICTE-approved B-Schools across India. The basic eligibility conditions are laid down by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), which is the conducting body of the exam. The application process for CMAT 2018 had started on October 20, 2017, and it had ended on December 25, 2017. Before a candidate prepares to fill the CMAT application form 2018, he/she must check the minimum eligibility criteria to appear for the entrance exam. Candidate's application form will not be accepted if he/she fails to meet the eligibility criteria of CMAT 2018.
Details related to the CMAT 2018 eligibility norms are elaborated below.
- The candidate has to be an Indian citizen.
- There is no age restriction to take CMAT 2018.
- Applicants must have Bachelor's degree in any discipline in the 10+2+3 format from any recognised university.
- Final year students of graduate programmes (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before the commencement of admission for academic year can also apply for the CMAT online exam.
CMAT 2018 Course-Wise Eligibility Criteria:
|Name of the Programme||Eligibility Details|
|MBA, PGDM etc.||
|Post Graduate Certificate in Management (PGCM)||
1. Who is eligible to take the test?
Candidates who are in the final year of the Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3) Programmes or who have appeared in the final year examination from a recognised institution/university can take the entrance exam.
2. For which programmes am I eligible after giving the CMAT-2018 exam?
Candidate will be eligible for PGDM, MBA and similar PGCM and Executive PGDM programmes. Eligibility criteria for admission to these programmes will be as per the criteria laid down by individual University / Institution. However, the eligibility criteria for different Post Graduate Management Programmes in AICTE affiliated institutions is as follows:
|Management (PGDM, MBA and similar)||2 years||Recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration. Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.|
|Management (PGCM)||More than 1 year but less than 2 years||Recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration|
|Management (Executive PGDM)||15 months||Any recognised Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration and a minimum of 5 years relevant managerial/supervisory experience. Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination|
3. Can I appear for CMAT for practice purpose, though I am aware that I am not eligible?
No. Only eligible candidates can appear for the test.
4. Is there any age restriction for appearing in CMAT?
No, there is no age restriction for taking CMAT.