Nidhi Bahl Updated On: 07 Feb, 2019 10:37 IST
Never Miss an exam update
Get Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test Papers For Free
GPAT, short for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test, is a national-level examination which will be conducted by the National Testing Agency NTA) from the year 2019 onwards. Earlier, the responsibility of conducting this postgraduate level pharmacy entrance exam was administered by AICTE i.e. the All India Council for Technical Education. From now on, NTA will conduct GPAT as per the instructions by the Ministry of Human Resource Development and Government of India. The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE approved/affiliated institutes and colleges.
GPAT is conducted in online mode and it is meant for aspirants to pursue M.Pharm programme from India's best pharmacy colleges such as NIPER, BHU, and DIPSAR. Since the exam is a gateway for students to land seats at the top-notch pharmacy institutes, the level of competition in the exam is quite high.
For those of you preparing for the exam, we've listed down some of the best books that can help you excel in the examination.
Check out the following list of highly recommended books for GPAT preparation!
1. The Pearson Guide to GPAT and Other Entrance Examination in Pharmacy
2. GPAT: A Companion
3. COMPETE PHARMA (A Guide For Preparation Of GPAT/NIPER/BITS/CEEB/CET And Other Pharma Competitive Exams
4. GPAT Cracker (2018)
5. Synopsis for GPAT
6. MODERN TECHNOLOGY OF PHARMACEUTICAL ANALYSIS
7. PHARMACOGNOSY MCQs
Many students usually get nervous when it comes to approaching an entrance exam like GPAT. But they can over their anxiety if they skillfully deal with the preparation part.
1. While going through each chapter, make notes of all the important points so that they come handy at the time of quick revision in the last phase of GPAT preparation.
2. A lot of questions in the examination are based on medicines and drugs, so try to gain maximum knowledge related to the medicines.
3. Candidates can easily remember the topics if they deal with the preparation part in a smart way. They can create charts, graphs, tables and put them in front of the study table. Studies have shown that it easier to retain information, which is visually appealing instead of information that is available in the form of text.
4. Take some idea of the exam pattern from GPAT Question papers of previous years. Analyse them and you can come up with your own set of questions that you feel have been asked frequently in the paper over the years.
5. The main key to ace any entrance exam is practice. Practicing questions on a daily basis not only help you in becoming familiar with the exam pattern but it also boosts your confidence to take the exam. The more you practice, the more questions you can solve within the stipulated time.