The Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT) 2019 eligibility criteria have been prescribed by the University of Delhi. Before filling up the DU JAT application, candidates must check the exam's eligibility criteria to know all the conditions they need to fulfill. According to the DU JAT 2019 eligibility criteria, a candidate can apply and appear in DU JAT 2019 if he/she has completed the higher secondary education from a recognised board.
As part of the eligibility norms, a minimum of 60% is required in four papers including English, Mathematics and two elective subjects as approved by DU. Before applying for DU JAT 2019, candidates are advised to go through the following eligibility criteria for DU JAT 2019 in detail.
- To be eligible for DU JAT 2019, applicants should have completed class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognised board. The candidates should've taken the board examination/Senior Secondary School Examination under the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Association of Indian Universities as recognised by DU.
- An aggregate of minimum 60% is required (for General Category candidates) in four papers including English, Mathematics and two elective subjects (given at the bottom of the page) as approved by DU.
- For the reserved category (including SC, ST, CW, and PwD), the minimum percentage requirement is 55% in each of the four papers considered for computing the aggregate.
- For the OBC (non-creamy) candidates, the minimum percentage requirement is 54% in each of the four papers considered for computing the aggregate. The OBC applicants shall be given a relaxation of 10% in the minimum eligibility marks for getting admissions and for the DU JAT 2019 test a relaxation of 10% of the minimum eligibility marks prescribed for General/UR Category applicants.
- On the day of the DU JAT 2019 Counselling, candidates have to produce their confirmed Class 12 result and mark-sheet, without which they will not be considered eligible for admission in BMS/BBA (FIA)/ B.A (Hons) Business Economics programmes.
- At the time of final admission procedure, all the candidates belonging to OBC-Non creamy layer/SC/ST/PwD/CW category must produce their category certificate.
- Those who fail or get compartment in the qualifying examination will not be considered eligible for admission.
List of Elective Subjects - Arabic, Bengali, Botany, Biology/ Biotechnology, Chemistry, Commerce/Business Studies, Computer Science/ Informatics Practices, Economics, English, French,Geography, Geology, German, Hindi Italian, Legal Studies, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Spanish, Statistics, Urdu, History, Political Science, Zoology, Home Science, Punjabi, and Accountancy