Nupur Kaushik Updated On: 03 Jan, 2020 13:11 IST
Want updates on UPSC NDA & NA
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the NDA & NA examination twice a year. Candidates who aspire to serve the country and become a part of Indian Armed Forces (The Army, The Air Force, The Navy) have to appear for this exam.
It is, therefore, extremely important for candidates taking the exam to ensure that their preparation strategy is headed in the right direction. Here’s a list of few tips that will not only make candidates' preparation easy but will also reduce their stress level in the run-up to the examination:
Clear Your Basics: Candidates must go through the syllabus in detail and get their basics right before getting into complex topics. The right approach to clear any examination is to first clear concepts so that it becomes easier to solve complex problems.
Inculcate the Habit of Reading Newspapers: Reading newspapers is described as one of the best activities to improve General Knowledge. This habit can really help candidates crack the NDA/NA exam.
Work on English & Current Affairs: Any candidate with good communication skills and command over the language tend to catch the attention of the interviewers. Also, working on English and General Knowledge can help candidates score better in the exam.
Go through Previous Years' Question Papers: Another great way to prepare for NDA/NA 2020 exam is to refer to previous years' question and test papers. This is an important preparation technique to get an idea about the type of questions that will be asked in the exam and will also help in time management.
Beware of Negative Marking: While preparing for NDA entrance exam, candidates must keep in mind the ‘negative marking’. For every wrong question, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total marks.
Time Management: Time management is an important skill in order to crack an entrance exam like NDA. Candidates should try not to waste time if they get stuck on one question.
Read about History of India: Reading about history may sound boring to most of the candidates. However, many questions in the NDA exam are related to history. Knowing history well can increase the test takers' chance of cracking the NDA exam.
Given below are few tips that can help candidates keep calm a day before the NDA/NA exam 2020:
1. Don’t panic: One of the biggest reasons why candidates are unable to crack the NDA exam in the first attempt is due to the panic and anxiety among them. They should try and remain calm to get the best results on the exam day.
2. Sleep well: It is always recommended to have a good night’s sleep before the big day as sleep helps in retaining the information. Studies have shown that people who sleep well a day before the exam perform better as compared to others.
3. Don’t start a new topic: Most of the candidates make the biggest mistake by starting new topics before the exam day. This not only causes anxiety but can spoil the preparation done earlier. It is best to stick to those topics that have been already prepared and one must revise them thoroughly.
4. Make necessary arrangements for the exam day: Candidates must carry their admit card and the necessary stationery. Also, they must cross-check details like exam centre, time, and date, a day before the exam.
5. Eat healthy: Having a good meal before the entrance exam can give candidates the required energy and can help them focus well during the exam.
There are various books and study material available in the market as well as online for NDA Exam Preparation. Given below is the list of trusted and recommended books that can help candidates crack the NDA exam: