JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern provides details about the total number of questions, time duration, marking scheme, different subjects, and sections. While no other changes have been introduced in the JEE Advanced exam pattern, the only change announced by the Joint Admission Board (JAB) is that the exam will be conducted in the computer-based format. This year, IIT Kanpur is going to conduct JEE Advanced 2018. In 2017, IIT Madras was given the responsibility of holding JEE Advanced.
This exam is taken after JEE Main exam by only those candidates who qualify the JEE Main exam. However, only the top 2.24 lakh candidates in JEE Main exam become eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
Features of JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018:
- The exam is divided into two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2 of three hours (180 minutes) duration each.
- Both paper 1 and 2 are compulsory for JEE Advanced.
- Each papers carries 54 questions in total.
- There will be 306 marks for both the papers in total, each paper carrying 183 marks.
- The question paper consists of multiple-choice and numerical answer type questions, which test comprehension skills, analytical and reasoning abilities of candidates.
- Candidates must carry a Blue or Black ball point pen only to the examination center.
- There is negative marking for both papers 1 and 2.
- In numerical type questions, negative marking is not applicable.
- The questions come from the topics covered in class 11 and class 12.
- Each question paper consists of three separate sections and subjects:
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018 - Question and Mark Distribution:
|Papers||Sections||Total no. of questions||Total no. of questions(Per sections)||Marks per questions||Negative Marks|
|Paper 1||Part A||15||5||3||-1|
|Paper 2||Part A||18||6||3||-1|
JEE Advanced 2018 Pattern Highlights:
Mode of Exam
Total Number of Papers
Total Number of Sections
Type of Question Paper
2 (MCQs and Numerical answer)
306 (paper 1: 183 marks & paper 2:183 marks)
3 hours for each paper
|Language of Exam||
English & Hindi
1. Will the question paper be bilingual (both in Hindi and English)?
No. You will get the question papers in only one language (English or Hindi).
2. How many attempts candidates have for appearing in JEE Advanced exam?
Candidates can appear for the JEE Advanced a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
3. Is JEE Advanced question paper available in Hindi?
Yes, JEE Advanced question paper is available in two languages i.e. English and Hindi. Candidates can choose one of the language modes as per their choice.
4. When should I reach my examination centre to appear for JEE (Advanced)?
Try to reach your examination centre well in advance on the day of the exam. You may also familiarise yourself with the venue a day before to avoid the unnecessary stress on the day of the exam.