Mar 21, 2016
Apr 11, 2016
May 26, 2016
MU-OET Counselling FAQ
1) What accreditation do the courses offered by the Manipal University have?
Manipal University has been established under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide notification #F9-8/89-U.3 dated 1/6/1993 of the Government of India. All courses offered by the Manipal University conform to the guidelines laid down by the UGC.
All professional courses are recognised by the respective professional bodies.
2) What is a merit-cum-means scholarship?
Candidates admitted to MBBS course within the first 500 ranks and BDS, BPharm, BTech courses within the first 1000 ranks of the respective merit list are offered this merit-cum-means scholarship. Scholarship amount shall be determined based on the parents’ annual income from all sources.
3) Do all the students within the rank 500/1000 for MBBS/ BDS/ BPharm/ BTech course get full scholarship?
No, scholarships are limited.
4) Other than the course/tuition fee what other fees needs to be paid?
Other than course/tuition fees, you have to pay for hostel accommodation and mess charges which has been mentioned in the hostel fee schedule.
5) Is there any provision for concession or scholarships?
International Students are not offered any concessions or scholarships. Manipal University is a self-financed university and does not receive any grants from the Government. However, Indian residents can find more about scholarships on official website.
6) Is there any management quota?
No. We do not have any management quota. Only two quota's - general quota, admissions of which are based on the ranking obtained by the student in the entrance exam conducted by Manipal University and the other is foreign/NRI quota, where admissions are direct based on merit as per the marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent exam).
7) Can I get a loan for study at MU?
- We have no provision for a loan for study.
- But you can avail loans from banks.
8) When I come for counselling or admission where can I stay?
Candidates coming for counselling and admission usually make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging.
9) I am unable to travel for my counselling. What do I do?
No problem, we understand there might be extenuating circumstances that prevent your travel. Your admission formalities can be done by an authorised representative carrying proper authorisation documents, like your parents or even a friend.
Please remember, fees and original documents are required for completing admission formalities.
10) What extracurricular activities can I pursue?
We have world-class sports facilities and stadiums, and many other activities you can take part in. Take a round of our campus facilities here Marena page.
11) Do we receive a laptop for all the courses offered in Manipal University?
Laptops will be given to all students admitted to MBBS, BDS, BTech, BTech (LATERAL), BArch and MBA courses.
12) Can I take back the original documents with me?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.
13) Is the mess fee included in the hostel fees?
No, the mess charges will be collected annually along with hostel facilities fees and utility charges.
14) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
15) Are the hostel charges included in the tuition fee?
No, the hostel fee is mentioned separately.
16) I am a first-year student. Is it compulsory for me to avail of the hostel accommodation?
- We think it is a good idea for first year students to stay in the student hostels – it helps them bond together, and that in turn, improves their experience of the MU life. So yes, it is compulsory for a first-year student to live in a hostel.
- In exceptional cases, however, permission may be granted by the Dean or Director to stay out of the hostel.