The counselling process for JNU CEEB will begin to post the announcement of merit list. The selection will purely depend on the basis of the merit list and candidate’s preferences/choices. If any candidate has not mentioned his or her choice for joining a particular university, his or her name will not be considered for that University.
Candidates can make their preferences in accordance with the number of seats available, their rank and the programme, for which they had applied at the time of filling the application form.
- After the merit list is prepared, more than double the number of candidates than the total number of seats available will be informed of their merit rank in the entrance examination.
- They will also be notified about the total number of seats in each participating University.
- The selected candidates will be asked to give their choices for joining their preferred universities and to pay a security deposit fee to lock in their choices.
- After the allotment of seats, JNU will send intimation to the candidates about their allotment to the university of their choice.
- Candidates should keep in mind that once the allotment is done, then the other choices will be eliminated.
- The allotted university will then inform the candidate about the complete admission procedure, schedule as well as the amount of fee etc. to be deposited.
- The initial security deposit already sent by the candidate through demand draft to JNU will be sent to the concerned university for refund after the first semester.
- The shortlisted candidate will have to complete the admission process that is document verification process and submission of fees to the university.
- Candidates should also note that once a seat has been locked in any university, then they cannot change the same or opt for another university at any circumstance. If the candidate does not join the university even after locking the seat, his/her security deposit will stand forfeited and will not be refunded.
- The security deposit of Rs.5,000/-, (Rs.2,500/- in the case of SC/ST, PWD category candidates) will be refunded in full to those who are not offered admission in any of the participating university
- 2 self-attested copies of matriculation certificate as proof of Date of Birth
- 2 self-attested copies of 12th certificate
- 2 self-attested copies of institution last attended
- Character certificate from the Head of the institution last attended
- 2 self-attested certificate of statement of marks obtained in 12th class
- 2 self-attested certificate of Graduation programme
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate if applicable
- A Medical Certificate for PWD Candidates certifying that the disability is not less than 40%
- Migration Certificate (in original) from the Head of the Institution/University last attended.
JNU CEEB Participating Universities:
M.Tech Biotechnology programme
Anna University, Chennai,
Cochin University of Science And Technology, Kochi, Kerala (M.Tech. In Marine Biotechnology),
The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata),
Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai(M.Tech. in Bioprocess Technology)
Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), MUMBAI (M.Tech in Food Biotechnology)
Institute of Chemical Technology, (ICT), MUMBAI (M.Tech. in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology)
Indraprastha Institute of Information technology, New Delhi (M.Tech. in Computational Biology)
M.Sc. Programme in Biotechnology
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri (M.Sc. in Bioresources Biotechnology)
- Goa University, Goa (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Gulbarga University, Gulbarga
- HNB Garhwal University, Garhwal
- University of Jammu, Jammu
- University of Lucknow, Lucknow
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
- R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur
- Sardar Patel University, Anand (M.Sc. in Industrial Biotechnology)
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur (M.Sc. in Environmental Biotechnology)
- Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan.
M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology
- Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal
- Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P.Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar;
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Raipur;
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur;
- Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur (Maharashtra);
- Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar;
- University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore; and
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
- Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur
- Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar;
- Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati