The NEET SS 2022 exam pattern helps candidates understand the structure of the examination. NEET SS is a national level entrance exam conducted for admission in DM/ M.Ch courses. Around 40% of the questions coming in the exam will be from all the eligible feeder broad speciality course(s). The remaining 60% questions will be asked from the super speciality course which was selected by the candidate at the time of online submission of NEET SS application form. Candidates may choose a maximum of two super speciality programs for which he/she is eligible. NBE may club some of the super speciality in which the total number of intake will be lower.
There will be a separate question paper for each of the super speciality course or club group. Around 100 number of questions will be asked in the exam which will be divided into two parts namely Part A and Part B. All the questions which will be asked will be at PG Exit level. Applicants can check the detailed information on NEET SS 2022 exam pattern below.
All the major highlights for both the exam are listed below:
A total of 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
NEET SS will be conducted online.
The first exam will be conducted for 1.45 hours while the duration of super speciality is 3.30 hrs.
Four marks will be given for each of the correct answers while 25% (1 Mark) will be deducted for incorrect answer.
The part A of the question paper will weight around 40% of the total marks.
The part B of the question paper will weight around 60% of the total marks.
Mode of Examination
Type of Questions
Number of Questions
Languages of Question Paper
Mark for each correct answer
Yes (25% i.e 1 Mark)
Duration of Paper 1
Duration of Paper 2
The detailed exam pattern for the NEET SS 2022 is mentioned below:
The exam will be divided into two parts: Part A and Part B.
40% (40 Questions) of the total questions will be asked from all the eligible feeder broad speciality course(s).
The remaining 60% (60 Questions) will be asked from the super speciality course selected by the candidate at the time online submission of the application form.
Part A will comprise questions from only one broad speciality.
For Super-speciality programs having multiple feeder broad speciality courses, Part-A will comprise of questions from all the eligible feeder broad speciality courses.
Whereas for Part B, questions will be asked of PG Exit level and will include topics from clinical practice and basic sciences as applied to the concerned super-speciality.
Time allocated for Part A is 45 minutes while the time allocated to Part B will be 60 minutes.
There are no such changes in the exam pattern of the NEET SS 2022 entrance exam. If there will be any change or update in the exam pattern, it will be updated here on CollegeDekho. Although the candidates are also advised to keep visiting the official website of National Board of Examination (NBE).
Candidates may check out the structure of the NEET SS 2022 entrance exam from the details provided below.
40% (40 Questions)
Questions from the eligible feeder broad speciality/ specialities for a particular super speciality course
60% (60 Questions)
Questions from the concerned super-speciality or group of clubbed super specialities (at PG exit level)
The examinee can answer the question in any order.
In addition, both the sections follow the same marking scheme as determined by the examination authority, National Board of Test (NBE).
Candidates are also advised to carefully circle the answers as questions with multiple answers will not be counted.
Candidates need to answer the questions within the total time allocated, as no extra time will be given to any candidate.
NEET SS 2022 marking scheme will be decided by the National Board of Examination (NBE). The marking scheme will remain the same for both sections. As per the marking scheme, the candidate will be granted four marks for each correct answer while 1 mark will be deducted if the candidate answered any question wrong. No changes will be affected in case of the question is left unattempted.
+ 4 Marks for each correct attempt.
-1 Mark deducted for the incorrect attempt.
1 Mark Deduction(25%)
Candidates can also tally their NEET SS 2022 scores with the help of a marking scheme decided by the National Board of Examination (NBE) as stated above.
Want to know more about NEET SS
Typical response between 24-48 hours
Get personalized response
Free of Cost
Access to community