The candidates who clear CDS written exam are called for interview by Service Selection Board (SSB) and the successful candidates are appointed by respective training academies.
- Candidates' selection will be based on these steps:
- Written Test
- Interview (Intelligence and Personality Test)
- CDS 2018 written test is the very 1st step of CDS 2018 selection procedure. The written exam consists of the 3 paper of 2 hours each. Candidates will have to attempt only English and General Knowledge. Candidates appearing for INA (Indian Naval Academy), IMA (Indian Maritime Academy) and IAA (Indian Air Force Academy) will have to clear all the 3 papers - English, GK and Elementary Mathematics.
- The second step in the CDS 2017 selection procedure is the personality test or personal interview. The SSB procedure consists of two-stage selection Process-Stage I and Stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for Stage II.
- Stage I comprises of Officers Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (P&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in QIR Test and PP and DT.
- Stage II comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officers Tasks, Psychology Tests and the conference. These tests will be organised over 4 days.
- The personality of the candidate is assessed by the interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist.
Document Verification will organised only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test. Following is the list of documents to be submitted for verification:
- Academic Degrees (HSC, SSC, Graduation etc)
- Certificate of Eligibility for certain candidates
- Category or caste certificate (SC, ST, OBC, PH etc)
- The medical examination of all the shortlisted candidates will be done to check whether they are medically fit or not. The candidates recommended by the Services Selection Board undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Women candidates undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising of male/ female doctors/ specialists/ Gynaecologist. There is a Lady Medical Officer as the member of Board. Only those candidates will be admitted to the Academy who are declared fit by the Medical Board.
- For final recruitment, candidates have to clear all the verification formalities.