English: The question paper will be based on understanding of English and use of words.
- Knowledge of current events
- matters of everyday observation
- experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
- Questions based on History of India and Geography of nature.
- Arithmatic: Number System, Natural numbers, Rational and Real numbers, Integers, Square roots, Decimal fractions, Fundamental operations, addition, substraction, multiplication, division. Unitary method, time and distance, ratio and proportion, variation, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss.
- Elementary Number Theory: Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers, Euclidean algorithm, Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11, Multiples and factors, Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Logarithms to base 10, use of logarithmic tables, laws of logarithms.
- Algebra: Basic Operations, H.C.F., L.C.M., simple factors, Remainder Theorem, Theory of polynomials, Laws of indices, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Rational expressions and conditional identities, Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation.
- cosine ×, Sine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°, cos × and tan ×.
- Simple cases of heights and distances
- Use of trigonometric tables
- Simple trigonometric identities
- Geometry: Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Congruency of triangles, Theorems on Properties of angles at a point, Properties of angles, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Similar triangles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, Concurrence of medians and altitudes, Loci, Circles and its properties including tangents and normals.
- Mensuration: Areas of squares, rectangles, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, triangle and circle, parallelograms. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, surface area and volume of spheres.
- Statistics: Collection and tabulation of statistical data, histograms, bar charts, Graphical representation frequency polygons, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.