Preparation Tips for English
- To prepare for English, one can develop the habit of reading the newspaper regularly. Reading the newspaper improves not only one's vocabulary but also one's knowledge of the subject.
- One can refer to basic grammar books to clear the concepts.
- Try to learn a couple of new words on a daily basis. By doing this, a candidate will soon find that he/she is developing a good hold on the language.
- When a candidate starts learning the new words, he/she should also try to learn their antonyms and synonyms and also how to use the words in sentences. Try solving previous year's question papers so that candidate has an idea of what to expect.
Preparation Tips for General Knowledge
- Read newspapers regularly and watch television for the latest happenings in and around the world.
- Read magazines that cover varied topics ranging from economy to business to trade policies to the latest awardees in the fields of sports, art, literature. In short, just be aware of all the topics because questions can come from anywhere.
- Refer to past question papers and see the pattern of occurrence of the questions. That will give an idea as to which topics to concentrate on.
Preparation Tips for Elementary Mathematics
- Revise all the topics thoroughly.
- First, the candidate must choose those topics in which they are strong. Later, they can move on to the difficult ones and try to practice as much as possible.
- Concentrate on having a clear concept of all the topics.
Preparation Tips for Personal interview: Intelligence and Personality test
- Concentrate and develop reasoning ability, written and oral expressions, self-confidence, courage, a positive and a cheerful attitude.
- Train your mind to think clearly, rationally and logically.
- Try to improve the way you can influence people through logical arguments.
- Improve your communication skills.
- Try to have a very strong hold on English.
- Train yourself to respect your seniors and juniors.
- Develop a cooperative and responsible attitude, which will help in successfully carrying out teamwork.
- Improve your general awareness regarding national and international issues.
- Begin to think and behave like an officer.