Dec 08, 2015
Apr 24, 2016
Apr 29, 2016
How to Prepare for CULEE 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than routes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
CULEE 2016 Important Instructions
1) When will applications open for the academic year?
Applications open for BA., LLB / BBA., LLB Honours Session in December, all UG and PG programmes each year.
2) Where will I find all relevant information pertaining to admissions?
Admission details such as programmes offered, application guidelines, admission process, eligibility, selection process, fee structure, important dates, application forms, syllabus, etc. are available under Related Links when on the programme of your choice or under the Admissions link on official website of Christ University.
3) Why do I need a unique ID?
The ID will enable the candidate to apply for more than one programme if necessary.
4) When I try to apply I always get the message ‘session expired’?
Please ensure that you are using a stand - alone system and not your smart phone/android. Also use Mozilla as your browser.
5) I am writing the Boards this summer, but the application states that I must enter class XII results. How can I apply?
- The application states that you may enter class XI marks which is conducted by your school/college and use your school roll number for ‘previous exam registration number’
- My University/Board provides only grades/CGPA
- All grades/CGPA must be converted into an equivalent score out of 100 without the use of decimals. The CBSE grade pint has to be converted into percentage by using the approved CBSE grade conversion formula.
6) Can I apply for more than one programme in the same application?
It is not possible to apply for more than one programme in the same application form. However, for certain programmes while filling the application 2nd and 3rd preference option will be available. The candidate may enter the preferences from the options available in the drop down. The candidate cannot manually enter her/his preferences on the application printout.
7) I always receive the message of ‘invalid phone number’ while filling the application.
It is advised not to use + while entering the country code for any number.
8) I paid the money for the application process but my status is showing as incomplete.
After payment if you do not receive the 8 digit application number, then your application process is incomplete and will go in for refund process. The refund will take about 15 days and must be checked with your bank.
9) How will I know if my application has reached the Office as I have to make travel arrangements?
All applications will be verified in the office against the photocopies submitted. Only after the verification is completed, the status of the application will be updated to ‘received’. This must be checked on online application status on the website Christ University. The official admit card to participate in the selection process will be uploaded only 5 days before the selection process. All travel arrangements must be made according to the date opted while filling the application/important date’s section provided for the programme on our website.
10) When is the last date to apply for a programme?
The last date will be as per what is provided specifically for a programme under the important dates sectionhttps://www.collegedekho.com/preview/exams/application-process-culee-christ-university-law-entrance-exam-2017/. If there is no important date’s section, the candidate will choose the date from the available options while filling the application.
11) I want to apply for BA., LLB / BBA., LLB Honours?
- Applications are available online and in the Office of Admissions. Candidates may enter the data prior to the declaration of results and ‘save’ the information.
- Filled in applications must be submitted in person within 3 working days of the declaration of class XII results – Karnataka PUC/ISC/CBSE. Entry of class XII marks will be possible only after submission of the application to the Office of Admission. Applications must be submitted in person only.
12) How do I know what is the eligibility criteria for BA. LLB / BBA, LLB Honours programme?
You need to have passed 12th standard/Intermediate examination from 10+2 education system or equivalent examination board securing at least 45% marks in aggregate of the subjects.
13) How do I know when my selection process is scheduled?
The candidate will opt for the date from the list of offered dates while filling the application.
14) Is the entrance exam for BBA in Christ University too hard to crack? Do they see your academic percentage even after you've passed the entrance exam?
No its not. It all depends on your interview . So go well prepared . give them a good reason as to why you didn't get good marks in your 11th. If you took part in extra curricular activities tell them that and by studying in ICSE or CBSE they do understand as the curriculum is hard And they will ask you which subject you like and on that they will ask you questions so read well and you must know your current affairs .
15) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
16) Is it possible to alter the sequence of answering the sections?
No. Sections are taken in the order that they appear in the test book. Candidates are allowed to work only on the section being timed by the invigilators, at any given point of time. Candidates are not permitted to go back to an earlier section or go forward to a later section, even if they finish before the section time is called.
17) When will the results of the selection process be declared?
If the important date section for the programme does not state when the results will be declared, then the same will be declared within 48 hours of completion of the process and the offer of admission will be valid for 3-5 working days.
18) For how long is the CULEE score valid?
The CULEE score is valid for just one year.
19) When do I have to pay the non-refundable admission registration fee of Rs. 5000?
The admission registration fee is to be paid along with the programme fee for the first year only if selected and processing admission.
20) How much do I have to pay at the time of processing admission?
Fees for first year along with admission registration fee must be paid in full while processing admission.
21) I want to pay my fees through a Bank Loan?
Loan application is issued on request only when the student presents the first year fee paid receipt to the office. The applying and processing of loan is the student's responsibility. When the loan is sanctioned and if it is sanctioned in the name of the institution the student will have to submit the cheque/DD to the Office of Accounts who will reimburse the amount in the student’s name.
22) I do not want to open the Bank account?
It is mandatory for all students to have a student account in South Indian Bank. All further payments such as open elective payment, annual fee payment in subsequent years, etc will be only through the student account. The student will receive a smart card that can also be used as a debit card. The account must be opened while processing admission.
23) What is the cancellation policy of the institution?
The cancellation policy of the institution is based on the F.No 1-3/2016(CPPP-I) DU) UGC notification 11th, July . Cancellation must be processed in person by presenting all the original documents received from the institution while processing admission.
24) What's the uniform of BCom or BBA students in Christ University for girls?
Being a Christ student myself, girls have to wear traditional Indian attire like salwar kameez and churidaars. Some Departments may be a bit lenient and allow leggings but most aren't.
25) Is the LLB degree valid internationally?
Yes, this degree is valid Pan India and also internationally subject to local laws.
26) Is law a safe career options for Girls?
Absolutely. Infact it is pretty interesting to note that over the years a large number of law schools are reporting their majority of students as girls. A safe residential environment and the opening up of numerous legal career options has made this a great option for girls.
27) Are their reservations in NLUs?
Yes. Being Government institutions there are reservations in different National Law Universities. All NLUs have reservations for SCs and STs. Most have them for OBCs. Fewer have regional quotas and some also have reservations for women, wards of defence personnel and even NRI sponsored Candidates.