Find out key information about AIBE 2022 below.
What is the AIBE Exam?
AIBE exam or All India Bar Examination is a popular national-level entrance exam organized by the BCI. The exam assesses the capability of advocates who are willing to practice law in India. AIBE is conducted twice a year, i.e. in May and September (likely). After qualifying the exam, an individual obtains the 'Certificate of Practice' for the legal profession. AIBE is held in 11 different national languages and is an open book test.
AIBE Exam Eligibility Criteria
Minimum eligibility criteria of the AIBE exam is the set of academic and personal conditions and qualifications that one needs to satisfy in order to apply for the law exam. An applicant who does not meet the eligibility criteria of AIBE is not allowed to sit for the exam. Check the detailed eligibility criteria of AIBE exam here.
AIBE Application Forms
The application forms of AIBE are the registration forms that are released by the conducting body so that interested candidates can fill-up and submit the required details as well as documents and confirm their candidature in the exam. The application forms are released online on the official website and the information regarding the same can be found here!
How to Register for AIBE XVII 2022?
The step-by-step instructions to register for the AIBE 2022 examination are mentioned below.
- Visit the official website to read the instructions given there before filling up the application form.
- Enter your personal information like Name, Address, DOB, Contact details, Nationality, etc to fill out the application form.
- Select any one exam centre where you are comfortable attempting the AIBE 2022.
- The candidates are required to submit documents like the advocate ID card (issued by the State Bar Council), enrolment certificate, scanned copy of photograph and signature, category certificate and disability certificate (if applicable).
- After the application form is submitted, go to your email inbox to get the registration number and password.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through SBI Challan. Other forms of payment will not be accepted. 24 hours after the registration is done, candidates can make the payment.
- Take a printout of the Challan and keep the candidate’s copies of the challan with you.
- After the payment is confirmed, upload the challan and provide the journal number, branch code and date of the challan.
- For future reference, candidates can take a printout of the application form.
AIBE Application Fee
The category-wise application fee for AIBE 2022 are given below:
Category of the Candidates
AIBE Application Fee
- The AIBE application fee has to be paid through SBI Bank challan.
- The registration fee once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
AIBE Exam Pattern
Being familiar with the exam pattern of AIBE is of utmost importance while preparing for the exam. It helps in understanding the format and marking scheme. Check the entire exam pattern of AIBE here.
AIBE 2022 Subject-wise Weightage
The topics that are asked in the exam are given below along with the subject-wise questions asked.
Number of Questions (Approx)
I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)
Cr. P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)
C.P.C (Code of Civil procedure)
Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act
Public Interest Ligitation
Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules
Labour + Industrial Law
Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents and Consumer Protection Law
Law Related to Taxation
Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Prop Laws, Spl Contract N.I Ac
Land Acquisition Act
Intellectual Property Laws
The syllabus of AIBE is released by the BCI. Covering the entire syllabus of AIBE is very helpful in scoring well and acing the exam. Get your hands on the important topics and syllabus of AIBE!
Below we have given the important topics from the AIBE syllabus.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Civil Procedure Code and Limitation Act
Contract Law, including Specific Relief, Special Contracts, and Negotiable Instruments
Criminal Law I: The Indian Penal Code
Human Rights Law
Labour and Industrial Law
Drafting, Pleading, and Conveyancing
Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Accidents, and Consumer Protection Law
Principles of Taxation Law
Public International Law
Professional Ethics and the Professional Code of Conduct for Advocates
How to Prepare for AIBE?
Having a well-planned strategy or a plan of action for AIBE is essential to accelerate the preparation for AIBE. Get expert tips and tricks on how to prepare for the AIBE exam here.
AIBE Previous Year’s Question Papers
The previous year’s question papers for AIBE are vital to enhancing exam speed and accuracy. Candidates can solve the mock tests, sample papers and previous year’s question papers to understand the exam and the nature of the questions. Check out the previous year’s papers of AIBE here.
AIBE Admit Card
Admit Card of AIBE is an important document that is required in order to appear for the exam. Candidates can download the AIBE Admit Card from the official website. Find out how to download and why to download the admit card of AIBE.
Steps to Download the AIBE Admit Card
The admit card for the AIBE 2022 can be easily downloaded by following the instructions given below.
- Go to the official website of BCI.
- Click on the link ‘AIBE 2022 Admit Card’.
- Enter your login details such as the registration number and password.
- Once the admit card is visible on the screen download it.
- Print the admit card on A4 size paper and carry it on the day of your AIBE 2022 exam.
AIBE Answer Key
The answer key of AIBE is a document released by the BCI soon after the completion of the exam. An answer key is a tool through which an applicant can check out and verify the correct answers. It helps in calculating the expected score before the release of the AIBE Result. Here is the Answer Key of AIBE.
The AIBE 2022 result will be declared within 1-2 months after the exam is conducted. Results will be published on the official website of the Bar Council of India (BCI). Candidates can check their results by logging into their accounts with their Roll number and Date of Birth. The result will not be released in the form of marks or percentages, rather it will be displayed as the ‘Qualifying/ Non-Qualifying’ status of the candidates. The qualified candidates will get their ‘Certificate of Practice” with which they can practice law in any Indian Court.
The Cutoff is the minimum score required to participate in the AIBE counselling process. Candidates have to score a minimum of 40% marks out of 100 to clear the AIBE examination. An individual needs to qualify the AIBE Cutoff, in order to get admission to the desired course and college. Know the cutoff trends of AIBE here!