Feb 15, 2016
May 01, 2016
May 07, 2016
Jun 03, 2016
How to Prepare for OJEE MBA 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than routes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of OJEE MBA .You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of OJEE MBA , duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
OJEE MBA 2016 Important Instructions
- Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form.
- Multiple applications for a particular stream of a candidate are liable to be rejected.
- After submission of an application, no options can be changed at a later stage.
- Application fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Candidates may check the status of their application on OJEE website by giving the registration number/ application number( this is your user id) and password that you have created during registration.
- The cost of application is non-refundable.
- Any dispute arising out of OJEE shall only be settled and decided under the jurisdiction of Hon’ble High Court of Odisha.
- Applicant should not upload any document along with the application form to support his/her claim for reservation/category.
OJEE MBA FAQ
1) What is OJEE MBA examination?
The Odisha Joint Entrance Exam for MBA or OJEE MBA is conducted by the Odisha Joint Entrance Exam Committee for the admission to the B-schools of the state.
2) OJEE MBA examination is conducted by whom?
OJEE MBA Examination is conducted by Odisha State Government.
3) How should I apply for Admissions to OJEE MBA?
Every year the University advertises in national newspapers about the admissions to various courses. Similar information is also available on the website of OJEE MBA.
4) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
Application Fee is Rs. 1000 .
5) Which modes the payment can be done?
The fee can be remitted through either of the following ways:
(a)By Debit Card / credit card (VISA / MASTER / Maestro cards /internet banking).
(b)Remittance through e-Challan by deposit in OJEE Bank Account with State Bank of India( State Bank Collect).
6) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of MAY. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on First week of May.
7) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the First week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the OJEE website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website :-http://ojee.nic.in/.
8) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
9) Can a candidate apply for OJEE MBA Test offline?
Yes, a candidate can apply for OJEE MBA Test offline.
10) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam?
No , you cannot make a spot registration on the day of exam.
11) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line?
Yes ,you can Submitted the Application Form through On-line.
12) Could I Submission One Application for multiple programmers?
No,Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. Multiple applications for a particular stream of a candidate are liable to be rejected.
13) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
14) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. you are not allowed.
15) Can I change my test centre?
No, you cannot change the test center.
16) What is the mode of conduction of OJEE MBA Exam?
Offline or Pen & paper based examination.
17) What will be the medium of OJEE MBA examination?
The medium of examination is English.
18) What are the various Eligibility Norms of OJEE (MBA) Programme?
Candidates with a bachelor's degree in any of the discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST candidates) are eligible to apply.
Final year candidates are also eligible for admissions.
19) What is Exam Pattern for OJEE (MBA) ?
The OJEE MBA exam is of objective type multiple choice test, from which the candidates have to select the right option from the options provided to them.
Questions will be meant to measure a person’s general Entrance test in the following aspects:
No. of Questions
Computer and Business fundamentals
Total Questions- 120
Test Duration- Two Hours
20) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
21) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking.
22) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
23) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA) ?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
24) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for OJEE (MBA)?
Yes. Need-based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
25) When are OJEE MBA Results Out?
Results will be available on the website the First week of June.
26) When will I get the Score card?
The candidates will receive the score card in the first week of June.
27) For how long is the OJEE MBA score valid?
The OJEE MBA score is valid for just one year.
28) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on OJEE MBA University website :-(http://ojee.nic.in) .
29) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the scorecard later.
30) Is OJEE MBA result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
31) Does OJEE MBA have sectional cut-offs?
OJEE MBA 2015 Cutoff has not been declared yet. It is expected that the cutoff ranks would be declared along with the result.
Yes, OJEE has a provision for sectional cutoffs, most of the other B-schools accepting OJEE scores do not have this provision.
32) What is the fee structure for the programs at OJEE MBA?
OJEE MBA Annual Fee is Rs.26000/- per year .
33) What are the placement status?
The department has arranged at least 300 companies from inside and outside the state to take part in the placement process. Separate dates has been fixed for students of different streams for the September 17-20 recruitment drive,” said a release from the state government.
According to statistics submitted by the government in the Assembly, 1,095,151 youth had registered themselves in employment exchanges of the state by March this year, out of them 1,042,826 having a proper educational qualification.
Apart from the slow pace of investment in the state, poor placement drive by private firms, especially from IT sector, this year, has affected recruitment process in many reputed engineering and management colleges of the state, leaving many pass-out students jobless after completion of their courses.
34) Do all students get hostel facilities?
Hostel Facility is Available to desirous student, separately for boys and girls, on sharing accommodation with hygienic, nutritious and homely food.