JNUEE Exam Pattern 2021

Updated By Samiksha Rautela on 27 Jan, 2021 11:30

Get JNUEE Sample Papers For Free

JNUEE 2021 Exam Pattern

JNUEE 2021 exam pattern will be set by NTA for programmes like B.A, M.A, M.Tech, M.Sc, MCA degree.  Before preparing for JNUEE 2021, candidates must know about JNUEE 2021 exam pattern which includes marking scheme, question types, the total duration of the paper and number of questions etc. The JNUEE 2021 will be conducted for admission of the candidates into various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the reputed Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Those candidates who have a fair idea about JNUEE 2021 exam pattern and JNUEE 2021 will have a better chance of getting inducted in their desired course.

JNUEE 2021 exam pattern is available to be used as a reference by the candidates to prepare for the entrance examination which is based on the JNUEE previous year paper trends. To increase their efficiency, the candidates must make sure that they are familiar with the JNUEE 2021 exam pattern. The candidates while developing a proper exam strategy, must be aware of the significance of knowing the JNUEE 2021 exam pattern.

To obtain more information regarding the JNUEE 2021 exam pattern, the candidates are suggested to go through the sections below for highlights, marking scheme and detailed exam pattern of JNUEE 2021.

Exam Duration:

The total time duration of the entrance exam will be of 3 hours.

Subjects:

The question paper of JNUEE 2021 will include subjects of the course of study. Subjects of different courses vary from each other.

Exam Mode:

JNUEE 2021 will be conducted in offline mode.

Negative Marking:

There will be negative marking for each incorrect response.

Number of Questions:

The total number of questions will vary from course to course.

Upcoming Exams :

Highlights of JNUEE 2021 Exam Pattern

Candidates who will be appearing for JNUEE 2021 must take a look at the below table to know all the relevant details regarding the JNUEE 2021 pattern of examination.

Particulars

Details

Duration of the Exam

3 hours

Mode of Exam

Offline mode (Pen and Paper-based Test)

Number of Questions

For each course there will be different number of questions

Type of questions

Multiple-choice Questions (MCQs)

Medium of Instruction

English Only

Marking Scheme

  • 1, 2, 3 or 4 Marks for a correct response (weightage of each question may vary for different programmes)
  • Yes, there will be negative marking for incorrect response

Detailed Exam Pattern of JNUEE 2021

Bachelor of Arts:

Number of Questions

Total 100 number of questions

Number of Sections

Two sections

Subjects

Reasoning, English Grammar, Comprehension and Language

Duration of Exam 

3 hours

M.A in Arts and Aesthetics:

Type of Questions

Subjective type questions

Duration of Exam

Three hours

Subjects

Arts, Aesthetics, Aspects of painting, sculpture, architecture, traditions of Indian arts, etc.

M.Tech (CS):

Number of Questions

Total 100 number of questions

Type of Questions

Multiple-Choice questions

Subjects

General Aptitude and Research Methodology, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics

Marking Scheme

One mark will be given for correct answer

Negative Marking

0.25 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer

M.Sc (Environmental Science): 

Type of Questions

Multiple choice questions.

Subjects

Part I: Science and Mathematics (10+2 level).

Part II: Chemistry, Geology, Botany and Zoology (B.Sc level), Physics, Mathematics,

M.Sc (Physics/Chemistry):

Type of Questions

Objective type questions

Subjects (Chemistry)

Organic, Inorganic & Physical Chemistry of B.Sc. (General) level.

Subjects (Physics)

Physics, Physical Chemistry and Mathematics of B.Sc. (General) level.

MCA (Master of Computer Applications):

Number of Questions

Total 100 number of questions

Type of Questions

Objective type questions.

Subjects

Reasoning, General Aptitude, Mathematics, Statistics and Probability

Marking Scheme

One mark will be given for correct answer

Question Weightage

80% questions will be asked from Mathematics, Probability and Statistics and 20% marks will be asked from General Aptitude and Reasoning.

Negative Marking

0.25 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer

M.Sc in Molecular Medicine:

Type of Questions

Objective type questions

Subjects

Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics and other related subjects

How to Answer Questions in JNUEE 2021

JNUEE will have both objective and subjective type of questions. The question paper pattern of JNUEE will vary course-wise. Since negative marking is applicable in the entrance examination, therefore, it is advisable to the candidates to answer the questions which they are sure off and attempt these questions first (for objective only). However, for subjective questions, candidates must attempt the questions according to its question weightage.

 

Marking Scheme of JNUEE 2021

Since JNUEE is an entrance examination which is conducted for different UG and PG programmes offered by JNU. Therefore, the weightage of each question and the marking  scheme varies for different programmes. The question paper of each course will carry questions of different nature i.e. objective type, subjective type or short answer type questions. For a correct response, candidates will be allotted 1, 2, 3 or 4 marks (depending on the course) and there will be negative marking in case of wrong answers for objective type questions only.

Want to know more about JNUEE

View All Questions

Related Questions

Can I apply for JNUEE 2021 with an overall aggregate score of 50.55% in BA Economics?

-AnonymousUpdated on January 14, 2021 05:16 PM
  • 1 Answer
Abhik Das, Student / Alumni

Dear student, through JNUEE 2021, you can apply for admission in MA Economics (with specialization in World Economy) at the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). The detailed eligibility criteria have been discussed below - 

  • Bachelor’s degree in Economics with Mathematics as a subsidiary subject and overall aggregate of 50%

  • Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics with Economics as a subsidiary subject and overall aggregate of 50%

  • Bachelor’s degree in Statistics with Mathematics and Economics as subsidiary subjects and overall aggregate of 50%

Candidates with any Bachelor’s degree where they have studied Mathematics and Economics as compulsory subjects with a minimum ...

READ MORE...

I am a Male candidate and I belong to the General Open category with no deprivation points. I have scored 78 in JNUEE 2020. What are my chances of getting selected for M.A. IRAM (International Relations and Area Studies)?

-Rishi BorkotokyUpdated on November 05, 2020 04:40 PM
  • 1 Answer
Abhik Das, Student / Alumni

Dear student, according to the previous year male general open category JNUEE closing cutoff score for M.A International Relations and Area Studies was 77%. If the cutoff trends for JNUEE 2020 for M.A IRAM admission for the general unreserved male category candidate remain same then you are likely to get inducted into your favourite programme offered at Jawaharlal Nehru University. However, we suggest you wait until the JNUEE cutoff scores for the academic year 2020-21 is released so as to get a clearer picture regarding getting admission. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is yet to announce the detailed ...

READ MORE...

I am a B.Sc IInd year student. Can I apply for M.A Political Science admission at JNU? If yes, can you please provide me with the course details like eligibility, exam pattern etc?

-YOGANANDA NAIDU Updated on August 14, 2020 03:43 PM
  • 1 Answer
Abhik Das, Student / Alumni

Yes, dear student, you can apply for M.A Political Science admission at JNU with a Bachelor’s degree in Science. You need to have an overall aggregate of 55% in your B.Sc degree qualifying exam from a recognised University to be eligible for the M.A Political Science programme of JNU. You also have to appear in the JNUEE or Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination and qualify the same with the minimum required aggregate score. JNUEE is a computer-based exam where the questions are asked in MCQ format. There are a total of 100 questions in the JNUEE ...

READ MORE...

Still have questions about JNUEE Exam Pattern ? Ask us.

  • Typical response between 24-48 hours

  • Get personalized response

  • Free of Cost

  • Access to community

Never miss an exam update !!

Register Now