Before applying for SRMJEEE 2019, candidates must first check the SRMJEEE 2019 eligibility criteria prescribed by the SRM University. SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) is a national-level exam, which is administered by SRM University every year for candidates seeking admission in its engineering courses.
SRMJEEE 2018 is being held from 15th to 25th April 2019 in online mode. In order to apply for the entrance exam, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria of SRMJEEE 2019, which clearly specifies some important details such as academic qualification, age limit, and nationality. If the candidates fail to satisfy the SRMJEEE 2019 eligibility criteria, it will lead to cancellation of their admission. Candidates must, therefore, carefully read the eligibility norms specified by SRM University beforehand.
Following is the SRMJEEE 2019 eligibility criteria specified for candidates willing to appear for SRMJEEE 2019.
The aspirant must have attained the age of 17 years as on December 31 of the admission year.
Candidates with Indian citizenship/ Non-Resident Indians(NRI)/ Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas citizenship of (OCI) cardholders are eligible to apply for SRMJEEE 2019.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary exams or those who are currently pursuing 10+2 with subjects such as Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics/Biology from a recognised board can fill the SRMJEEE 2019 application form.
- Candidates currently pursuing 10+2 standard or equivalent exams will be eligible though they will have to provide their provisional certificates.
- Candidates who clear their 10th and 12th standard through NIOS will not be eligible.
- To get admission in Kattankulathur campus for all the B.Tech programmes, candidates must gain a minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics. For admission in Vadapalani, Ramapuram and NCR, Delhi campus, a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics is mandatory for all the candidates.
- To get admission in B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Biomedical Engineering and B.Tech Genetic Engineering for Kattankulathur campuses, every candidate should have at least 60% marks in Mathematics/Biology, Physics, Chemistry if they studied Mathematics/Biology, Chemistry, Physics in 10+2 standard.
- To get admission in Delhi/NCR campus for B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Biomedical Engineering and B.Tech Genetic Engineering, candidates must score at least 50% marks in Mathematics/Biology, Chemistry, Physics.
SRMJEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria for Direct Admissions:
- For top rank scorers of Central and State Board exam, direct Admission is granted by SRM University.
- For admission in B.Tech courses, SRM University also offers direct admission to top 1,000 JEE Main 2018 rank holders.
- Top scorers from Tamil Nadu districts are also offered direct admissions in engineering exams (undergraduate level) of SRM University.
SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2019 for International Candidates:
- International candidates applying for SRMJEEE 2018 (NRI and OCI) should have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics in class XII exam or equivalent exam in India (CBSE/ ISCE/ STPM /A Levels/ WASSCE/ NCEA Level 3/ IB/HSC/American High School Diploma, etc.
- In order to be eligible for SRMJEEE 2019, candidates should have scored passing marks in English subject.
SRMJEEE Reservation of Seats
There is no Reservation of Seats in SRM University for any category of candidates. Admissions will be done based on the ranking of the candidates in the merit list, which is released after the entrance exam. Also, candidates' eligibility in terms of age, educational qualifications, nationality, etc. will be taken into account at the time of admission. It will be mandatory for candidates to bring all the necessary documents for verification at the time of counselling and admission process.