Nov 02, 2016
Jan 23, 2017
Feb 12, 2017
Jun 05, 2017
NIFT M.Des 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for NIFT M.Des 2017
- Guidelines for applying online may be referred for the purpose. The Prospectus is available at NIFT website www.nift.ac.in free of cost. The Application Fee has to be paid through online payment gateway or through Bank Demand Draft issued in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at New Delhi.
- Fee for General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Category: Rs.1500/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft. Fee for SC/ ST/ PHP Category : Rs.750/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft.
Mode of Payment:
Credit Cards/Debit Cards and Demand Draft:
- Credit Cards /Debit Cards Payments of application fee (Rs.1500/- or Rs.750/-) can be made through credit cards / debit cards as explained above. The Bank and transaction charges on the application fee will be borne by the applicant.
- Candidates are advised to apply on time.
- Payment of application fee (Rs 1500/- in case of GEN/OBC (Non-Creamy) candidates and Rs 750/- in case of SC/ST/PHP candidates) can be made through Bank Demand Draft as explained above. The Demand Draft should be issued in favour of “NIFT HO”, payable at New Delhi. The details of the Demand Draft are to be filled in the online application form.
- Candidates are advised to check the following details carefully before sending the Demand Draft
- DD made in favour of “NIFT HO”,
- Amount of Demand Draft as applicable i.e. Rs 1500/- in case of GEN/OBC (Non- Creamy) candidates and Rs.750/- in case of SC/ST/PHP candidates
- Name, Date, Amount & Signature of the issuing authority on the Demand Draft. Candidates applying through Demand Draft are required to send the printout of the Application Form, duly completed in all respect, along with Demand Draft on the following address:
Project Manager - CMS
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
- The duly filled form should reach the above address on time. Incomplete forms or forms received late will not be accepted. The Institute does not take any responsibility for delay or loss of forms or correspondence in postal transit or by courier. Candidates are advised to keep the copy of printout and Demand Draft for future reference.
- Applicants are advised to keep a print out / photocopy of Application Form for further reference along with proof of payment.
Eligibility for NIFT M.Des 2017
NIFT M.Des 2017 Important Instructions
- Based on the choice, all eligible candidates will have to appear for a written entrance examination at the Examination Centres opted by them.
- The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the programme opted.
- There is no negative marking.
- Entry to the Examination Centre will be allowed with admit cards only.
- Mobiles and other infotech gadgets are not allowed inside the Examination Centre.
- Candidates found with mobile or other infotech gadgets will be asked to leave the examination centre and shall be disqualified.
- Candidates should reach the examination center at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
NIFT M.Des 2017 Relaxation Policy
3 % Horizontal reservation for Differently Abled Person
(with 40% or more disability) cutting across
all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamy and General category. Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation, at NIFT’s discretion
15 % (supernumerary)
- Category once filled up in the application form will not be changed at any stage.
- The qualifying candidates need to meet the eligibility and admission requirements of NIFT.
NIFT M.Des Application FAQ
1) Do you have any agency or representatives for admission?Is there any management quota?
No. Admissions are purely on merit based. Please do not be fooled by misrepresentation by any person(s). NIFT does not have any management quota.
2) I belong to middle class / lower middle class background. Is NIFT for me? Is it expensive?
Students from any background can study comfortably in NIFT and make their career. The NIFT fee amount is among the lowest in similar Institutes. Moreover you can avail of education loans. The repayment of loan starts after you are employed. So you can finance your own education.
3) How can I get the NIFT prospectus?
The prospectus is available on the NIFT website (www.nift.ac.in).
4) What if I forget to take a printout of the Online application form after submission?
Candidates can view the application by clicking the button “Action 4: View Application” and can take a printout of the same for their record any time.
5) How may programmes can be selected?
At one time only one programmes can be selected.
6) What will decide my domicile status?
State domicile seats are offered at the following NIFT Campuses:
The domicile of the student will be the state in which the candidate has completed his/her class 12th examination/ graduation/qualifying degree. A certificate from the school /college may be obtained. In case the candidate has obtained the qualifying certificate/ degree through Distance Learning mode, the address of the school attended regularly by the candidate will determine his/her domicile status.
7) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
8) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
9) Can I change the examination centre after submission of application form?
No, requests for change in the examination centre will not be entertained at any stage.
List of NIFT M.Des 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Bihar||Patna||Pen & Paper|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Srinagar||Pen & Paper|
|Kerala||Kannur||Pen & Paper|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||Pen & Paper|
|Orissa||Bhubaneshwar||Pen & Paper|
|Rajasthan||Jodhpur||Pen & Paper|
|Himachal Pradesh||Kangra||Pen & Paper|
|Meghalaya||Shillong||Pen & Paper|