NIFT Entrance Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria
NIFT 2018 Eligibility Criteria includes details that candidates must go through in order to know the requirements one has to fulfill before appearing for the exam. There are some basic eligibility standards that a candidate needs to clear before filling the NIFT Application Form. These standards are categoried as listed below:
Eligibility for For B. Des / B. F. Tech Courses:
- Candidate should be 23 years of age as on 1st October, 2017. The upper age limit for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD) is 28 years.
- Candidate should have passed class 12 examination from a recognised State/Central Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education/State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Candidate should have General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (Cambridge/London/Sri-Lanka) at the International Baccalaureate (IB)/Advanced (A) level.
- Candidate should have qualified any Public Board/School/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- Candidate should at least have a passing grade with a minimum of five subjects in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School.
- Candidate should have 3 or 4-years diploma recognised by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Eligibility for M.Des /M.F.M Courses:
- There is no upper or lower age limit for Master Programmes.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognised University/Institute in India.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor Diploma from NIFT/NID of minimum 3 years duration.
Eligibility for M.F.Tech Course:
- Candidate should have B.F.Tech. degree from NIFT.
- Candidate should have a B.E/B.Tech. degree from a recognised Institute/University in India.