Nov 09, 2016
Mar 26, 2017
Apr 05, 2017
Apr 24, 2017
How to Apply for VITEEE 2017
Candidates can also apply online at through the Official Website through following mode :
The cost of OMR Application Form Rs. 990/-
The cost of Online Application Form Rs. 970/-
- Net banking /Credit card/Debit card 970/-
- Demand draft mode 50 USD for NRI candidates Send the hard copy of the application form along with the demand draft.
- The online applicants(except DD mode applicants) need not send the hard copy of the application form to the University.
- Candidates can also obtain the application form in person from the
- VIT University, Vellore Campus
- VIT University, Chennai Campus
- By handing over a Demand Draft for 990/- drawn in favor of 'VIT University', payable at Vellore.
- Candidates are advised to purchase the information brochure/application form only through the means mentioned above and not from any private publisher/vendor.
- Fake application forms will not be processed and will be rejected.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING UP OF OMR APPLICATION FORM:-
- Your application will be machine-processed. Use only black ball-point pen and CAPITAL letters to enter the required information. Use the only pencil to shade the circle to correspond with the code / appropriate alphabet/numeral, which you have entered as your option.
- Do not scribble, smudge, tear or wrinkle the application form. Do not put any stray marks anywhere on the application form.
- Your photograph, signature, and address will also be scanned by a machine that recognizes only good quality images. Therefore, paste a recent, passport size, color photograph of good quality and sign in the space provided with a black ball - point pen only. Do not stick an attested photograph.
- Write the complete address giving your name and PINCODE correctly and legibly. Please note that this block will appear as such in all our correspondence with you. In case you happen to make a mistake, cover the whole box with a slip of white paper of the same size and write your address on it. Your address must not exceed the box.
- The use of the address of any coaching centre / Institution is strictly prohibited. If anybody uses the address of any coaching centre / Institution in his / her application form, it will be rejected.
- Do not staple, pin, stitch or stick anything on the application form. Paste only the photograph in the space provided.
- Ensure the correctness of your mailing address, PINCODE, valid e-mail ID, telephone number with correct STD CODE and the mobile number. Please note that VIT will not be responsible if communications do not reach you due to incomplete or illegible address, invalid email ID or wrong mobile number.
- You must quote your application number for reference in all your future correspondence.
- The completed application form should be enclosed separately in the printed envelope provided, addressed to Director-UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore- 632014 and sent through Registered Post or Speed Post, so as to reach the Office of Admissions on or before 28 February 2017.
- VIT will not be responsible for any postal delay/irregularity or loss in postal transit.
- Ensure that your application is complete in all respects. An incomplete application or an application filled in a language other than English will be summarily rejected.
Eligibility for VITEEE 2017
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1995 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2017
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2017 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
- 'NIOS' candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2017
VITEEE 2017 Important Instructions
Candidates will not be allowed to attend the test, without the following documents.
Candidate should report to the selected test centre with
- e-Admit card.
- Photocopy of the application form and
- Any one of the following, for photo identification.
- School or college Photo ID card
- Twelfth Standard board exam hall ticket (or)
- Admit card bearing photo
- Driving License
- Voter ID card
- IT Pan card
- Not allowed to carry any text material, printed or written, bits of papers or any material except the e-Admit card inside the test hall.
- Not permitted to carry any electronic devices like mobile phones, paging devices, calculators, spy cameras and music systems.
- Not allowed to go outside the test hall till the completion of the entire duration of the exam time.
- Not allowed to eat or drink anything (snacks, tea, coffee and cool drinks etc.) inside the test hall. Plain water bottles with nothing written or printed on them will be allowed.
- Violation of any instruction and adoption of any unfair means in the examination hall will make the candidate ineligible for admission Impersonation (or any such crimes) will be reported to Police.
VITEEE Application FAQ
1) What is VITEEE ?
- VITEEE is a computer based online examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) in all over India and also in abroad.
- VITEEE Exam is for the candidates, seeking admission in various undergraduate Engineering courses at VIT campus.
2) What is the examination for? Who conducts it?
VITEEE is an entrance examination for B.Tech UG course in VIT University. It is a private university and is responsible for the conduction of examination and result generation.
3) How do I get to the University? How far is it from the railway station?
VIT is located on the main road from Tiruvalam to Katpadi. VIT is about 140kms from Chennai. By rail you can reach VIT by arriving at Katpadi railway junction. VIT University is just 2 kms from the Katpadi Railway Station (You can hire autos to reach easily).
4) Where VIT University, Chennai Campus’s located?
Chennai Campus is
(1) 9 km from Vandalur Zoo
(2) 18 km from Tambaram Railway Station
(3) 30 km from Chennai Airport
(4) 40 km from Koyambedu Central Bus Stand
(5) 42 km from Chennai Central Railway Junction.
5) I am interested in joining B.Tech. at VIT. When can I apply?
The application forms are available from first week of November.
6) Whether online application form is available?
You can also apply through online . The details are available on official website.
7) How will I know if my application is received at VIT?
- For the benefit of the candidates, the following arrangements have been made to enable the students to know the status of the application.
- Once the application is received at VIT, a message will be sent by SMS to the candidate stating that the application has been received at VIT. This would however be possible only if the mobile number is correctly shaded in the application form. The candidates may also track the status of their application by typing their application number in the VIT website. However, this feature can be availed of only after about 2 weeks of dispatch of the application.
8) After applying can I request for change of centre?
Once the centre is allotted, the change of centre will not be entertained, under any circumstances.
9) How can I make correction on the VITEEE online application form after generation of the application number?
You cannot make any correction on the existing application form after generation of the application number. You may have to open and enter a fresh application form with correct details ignoring the previous application. The application form that is received with the DD will only be considered and the datas of the same will be utilized for generating the Admit Card. Therefore make sure that the online application form contains the correct details before giving the submit option and sent it along with the DD of Rs. 970/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
10) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the VITEEE offline application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- You have read the instructions carefully.
- You have to use black ball-point pen to enter the codes in the boxes and pencil to shade the alphabet / numeral / circle as indicated.
- You have to affix a good quality recent, colour photograph in the space provided.
- You should NOT attest the Photograph.
- You have to clearly and legibly write your complete postal address to which the communication is to be sent.
- You have to enter your correct PINCODE.
- You have to indicate your correct STD code and Phone No. / Mobile No.
- You have to mention your correct e-mail address.
- You have to sign in the space provided below the photograph and in the declaration form.
- Your parent / guardian has to sign the declaration form.
- You should not use any pins or stapler in your application.
- You have to clearly indicate whether you require hostel accommodation or not.
- You have to enter the correct Test City Code on the envelope provided.
- You have to retain a photocopy of your application.
11) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the VITEEE online application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- Before filling the application form, Kindly refer the Information Brochure carefully.
- Fill all the columns carefully, incomplete application will be rejected.
- Enter the required details and then click on the ‘Submit & Proceed to Printing‘ Button on the bottom of the page.
- Please check the content before proceeding for print. The print out should be in A4 size only.
- The duly filled-in application form to be affixed with colour passport size photograph and Signature.
- The application form to be sent along with the DD of Rs. 970/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore for Indian candidates (or 50 USD for NRI candidates).
- The application form has to be sent to the address of Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu, India
- Kindly note down the application no. generated for any future correspondence.
- Candidates are advised to take photocopy of the application form.
12) What should I do if I do not receive the VITEEE admit card by the time of the examination?
In case you do not receive the Admit Card, you should make it a point to report the same immediately to the Admissions Officer. If you do not receive the Admit Card, before the examination date, he / she would have to meet VIT Representative one day before the examination at the centre with a copy of the application form and two attested pass-port size photographs, identical to the one affixed in the application form. All enquiries pertaining to the Admit Card without mentioning application number will not be entertained under any circumstances.
13) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
VITEEE is the entrance examination of Vellore Institute of Technology, a deemed university which has its main campus in Vellore, TN and a relatively new campus in Chennai, TN. Its Bangalore campus is expected to be functional by 2015. VIT Vellore is currently one of the top 10 PRIVATE engineering colleges in India.
List of VITEEE 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|