VITEEE (VITEEE - 2017)
Nov 09, 2016
Mar 26, 2017
Apr 05, 2017
Apr 24, 2017
VITEEE 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for VITEEE 2017
Online Application Forms-
Get ready to submit the application form, after following the below instructions
Softcopy (scanned copy) of recently taken passport size colour photograph with 10KB to 200 KB (Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) / Softcopy (scanned copy) of Signature of the Candidate with 10KB to 200 KB (Dimensions - 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm ) in JPG / JPEG format. Selfie photos will not be accepted.
Mode of Payment - Internet Banking facility through Net banking / Debit card / Credit card
All our correspondence including center booking and issue of e-admit card details will be through email only.
Therefore, the applicant is requested to get ready with valid email id and Mobile number for contact.
Offline Application Forms
- Institutes interested in buying Offline Application forms in Bulk can contact:
Director, UG Admissions
VIT UNIVERSITY, VELLORE - 632014
Contact No. 0416-220 2157/ 2168
Eligibility for VITEEE 2017
VITEEE 2017 Important Instructions
The salient features of the Computer Based Test are:
The candidate sits in front of the computer and the questions are presented on the monitor.
The candidate submits his or her answer through the use of the mouse.
The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the encrypted test in real time through a secure and reliable connection.
Entrance test assumes that the candidate has the familiarity with the use of computers like a use of keyboard and mouse operation.
It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these basic computer skills before appearing for the entrance test and the University cannot take the responsibility for the same.
Computer Based Test Procedure
The candidates must ensure that the computer allotted to them is switched on and any problem with the computer should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
The questions appearing on the screen will be in English.
All questions will be of the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
Each MCQ consists of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C and D. Only one of the four responses is the correct answer. Candidate needs to choose that answer.
Candidates can navigate freely through the questions back and forth.
VITEEE 2017 Relaxation Policy
For Reserve Category: The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
VITEEE Application FAQ
1) What is VITEEE ?
- VITEEE is a computer based online examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) in all over India and also in abroad.
- VITEEE Exam is for the candidates, seeking admission in various undergraduate Engineering courses at VIT campus.
2) What is the examination for? Who conducts it?
VITEEE is an entrance examination for B.Tech UG course in VIT University. It is a private university and is responsible for the conduction of examination and result generation.
3) How do I get to the University? How far is it from the railway station?
VIT is located on the main road from Tiruvalam to Katpadi. VIT is about 140kms from Chennai. By rail you can reach VIT by arriving at Katpadi railway junction. VIT University is just 2 kms from the Katpadi Railway Station (You can hire autos to reach easily).
4) Where VIT University, Chennai Campus’s located?
Chennai Campus is
(1) 9 km from Vandalur Zoo
(2) 18 km from Tambaram Railway Station
(3) 30 km from Chennai Airport
(4) 40 km from Koyambedu Central Bus Stand
(5) 42 km from Chennai Central Railway Junction.
5) I am interested in joining B.Tech. at VIT. When can I apply?
The application forms are available from first week of November.
6) Whether online application form is available?
You can also apply through online . The details are available on official website.
7) How will I know if my application is received at VIT?
- For the benefit of the candidates, the following arrangements have been made to enable the students to know the status of the application.
- Once the application is received at VIT, a message will be sent by SMS to the candidate stating that the application has been received at VIT. This would however be possible only if the mobile number is correctly shaded in the application form. The candidates may also track the status of their application by typing their application number in the VIT website. However, this feature can be availed of only after about 2 weeks of dispatch of the application.
8) After applying can I request for change of centre?
Once the centre is allotted, the change of centre will not be entertained, under any circumstances.
9) How can I make correction on the VITEEE online application form after generation of the application number?
You cannot make any correction on the existing application form after generation of the application number. You may have to open and enter a fresh application form with correct details ignoring the previous application. The application form that is received with the DD will only be considered and the datas of the same will be utilized for generating the Admit Card. Therefore make sure that the online application form contains the correct details before giving the submit option and sent it along with the DD of Rs. 970/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
10) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the VITEEE offline application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- You have read the instructions carefully.
- You have to use black ball-point pen to enter the codes in the boxes and pencil to shade the alphabet / numeral / circle as indicated.
- You have to affix a good quality recent, colour photograph in the space provided.
- You should NOT attest the Photograph.
- You have to clearly and legibly write your complete postal address to which the communication is to be sent.
- You have to enter your correct PINCODE.
- You have to indicate your correct STD code and Phone No. / Mobile No.
- You have to mention your correct e-mail address.
- You have to sign in the space provided below the photograph and in the declaration form.
- Your parent / guardian has to sign the declaration form.
- You should not use any pins or stapler in your application.
- You have to clearly indicate whether you require hostel accommodation or not.
- You have to enter the correct Test City Code on the envelope provided.
- You have to retain a photocopy of your application.
11) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the VITEEE online application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- Before filling the application form, Kindly refer the Information Brochure carefully.
- Fill all the columns carefully, incomplete application will be rejected.
- Enter the required details and then click on the ‘Submit & Proceed to Printing‘ Button on the bottom of the page.
- Please check the content before proceeding for print. The print out should be in A4 size only.
- The duly filled-in application form to be affixed with colour passport size photograph and Signature.
- The application form to be sent along with the DD of Rs. 970/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore for Indian candidates (or 50 USD for NRI candidates).
- The application form has to be sent to the address of Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu, India
- Kindly note down the application no. generated for any future correspondence.
- Candidates are advised to take photocopy of the application form.
12) What should I do if I do not receive the VITEEE admit card by the time of the examination?
In case you do not receive the Admit Card, you should make it a point to report the same immediately to the Admissions Officer. If you do not receive the Admit Card, before the examination date, he / she would have to meet VIT Representative one day before the examination at the centre with a copy of the application form and two attested pass-port size photographs, identical to the one affixed in the application form. All enquiries pertaining to the Admit Card without mentioning application number will not be entertained under any circumstances.
13) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
VITEEE is the entrance examination of Vellore Institute of Technology, a deemed university which has its main campus in Vellore, TN and a relatively new campus in Chennai, TN. Its Bangalore campus is expected to be functional by 2015. VIT Vellore is currently one of the top 10 PRIVATE engineering colleges in India.
List of VITEEE 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place