Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
VITEEE 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on May 28, 29 & 31, and the mode of entrance exam is ORPE (Online Remote Proctored Examination), which means the applicants can take the test from home by using a computer/ laptop/ mobile/ tablet. VIT University has released the detailed guidelines for the proctored exam, which the candidates need to follow on the exam day. The window to practice mock test was available from May 20 to 26, and the candidates were given two attempts of mock test so that he/ she will understand the actual exam process. For the first time, VIT University is conducting proctored exam due to the second wave Covid-19 pandemic. All detailed guidelines and instructions with regard to VITEEE ORPE can be checked on this page.
VITEEE 2021 Slot Booking (Closed)
VITEEE 2021 Exam Dates
The exam dates of VITEEE 2021 are as follows –
Last date to register
May 21, 2021
Slot booking for mock test & actual test
May 17 to 21, 2021
Download of E-Admit Card
Immediately after Slot Booking
May 28, 29 & 31, 2021
What is Online Remote Proctored Exam (ORPE)?
Online Remote Proctored Exam (ORPE) is a contactless exam where the candidates will be able to take an exam from home by using their Laptop/ Desktop or Mobile. The candidates will be monitored through Web Camera or Front Camera during the exam, and there is no scope for malpractice. This mode of exam has become popular since 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Requirements for VITEEE 2021 ORPE
As the candidates will need to take the VITEEE 2021 exam from home, the following requirements are mandatory to take the exam –
- Primary Device – Laptop/ Desktop with a Web Camera
- Secondary Device – Android Mobile (Smart Phone) with Front Camera
- Internet Connection (Broadband/ LAN/ Wi-Fi) with a minimum of 256 kbps Speed
- Data Pack for Mobile – Minimum 1GB (as a Backup in case of loss of power supply or Wi-Fi)
The test takers must have an active data pack on their mobile if there is an interruption in broadband or Wi-Fi connection. The operating system of Laptop or Desktop can Linux or Microsoft Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10.
How to Take VITEEE 2021 OREP?
VIT University is conducting two proctored mock tests before the actual exam. The candidates will need to practice two tests to have an idea of the actual exam pattern & mode. The dates and slots for mock tests have already been notified by VIT, and slot booking can be done accordingly. The candidates must note that the time & slot for Mock Test 1, 2 and Actual Exam will be the same. The process to practice the mock test is as follows –
|Direct Link to Practice VITEEE 2021 Mock Test|
- Download the VITEEE 2021 E-Admit Card immediately after the slot booking and take a printout of the same or save the soft copy on a mobile phone.
- On the day of the mock test/ actual exam, the candidates will receive a link on their E-Mail ID/ Mobile
- Click on the respective link to login from your Laptop/ Desktop
- At the same time, the candidates will need to log in from the mobile as well.
- Login details such as VIT E-Admit Card Number/ Registration Number are mandatory.
- The verification process will start at least one hour before the exam where the candidates need to show their E-Admit Card and ID (Aadhaar Card/ PAN/ Ration Card/ any ID issued by Government) through a webcam. Therefore, the candidates will need to log in one hour before the commencement of the exam.
- The candidates will be receiving proctored messages on the screen from time to time. Follow the instructions specified by the proctor.
- The webcam or front camera should be clear and must be turned on till the exam concludes.
VITEEE 2021 Exam Day Instructions for Proctored Test
Candidates appearing for VITEEE 2021 Online Remote Proctored Examination (ORPE) must follow the given exam day instructions for the smooth conduct of exam.
- Candidates must note that the slot book for mock test 1 will be final for 2nd mock test and actual exam. For example, if a candidate chooses Mock Test 1A, then the slot for the actual exam will be VITEEE 1A. This is just to avoid confusion.
- Keep the Laptop/ Mobile fully charged
- The candidates will need to take the exam in a quiet place at their home without any disturbances
- Desktop/ Laptop must only have an external audio output, and the candidates should not connect headsets or Bluetooth device
- The test taker must be the sole occupant in the room, and no other person is allowed to sit beside or opposite the candidate
- Before the actual exam, two mock tests are compulsory for all the applicants
- The link to take mock test/ actual test will be shared via E-Mail and SMS
- The first mock test will be auto-proctored, and there will be no checking
- The second mock test will be monitored by the VIT faculty through Web/ Front Camera. The candidates must keep both Desktop/Laptop and Mobile connected
- The candidates will need to make their own arrangements for an online proctored test such as Laptop/ Desktop/ Smart Phone and Internet Connection
- Exactly one hour before the exam starts, the candidates will need to login and complete the attendance & verification process
- The candidates will need to show the E-Admit Card & ID Proof through the Front Camera/ Web Camera
- The candidates will need to keep sign-in, and the exam will start automatically as per the scheduled time
- The total duration of the exam is 90 minutes, and it will close exactly after the specified duration
- The questions will be MCQ-based, and the candidates need to select the appropriate option
- During the exam, the candidate must keep only the exam tab open. Browsing other pages through different tabs is strictly prohibited
- During the online test, the candidates will keep receiving messages from the invigilator if required. Follow these instructions carefully
- Once the test starts, the candidates will not be allowed to take a re-test
- If there is a disruption of the internet for more than 5 minutes, the test will automatically be terminated
- If you face any issue while taking the online test, you can directly Video Chat with the invigilator
You can also download the PDF of the above guidelines by clicking on the link below –
|SRMJEEE 2021 Exam Day Instructions for Remote Proctored Online Mode (RPOM) Exam|
We hope that the above guidelines helped you in understanding the online proctored exam process of VITEEE 2021. If you still have queries on the same, you can ask the same through the Q & A section.