Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
VITEEE 2023 Online Remote Proctored Examination (ORPE): The Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore is scheduled to conduct the VITEEE 2023 exam in online mode tentatively from April 15 to 21, 2023. Candidates who are going to appear for the VITEEE exam 2023 must be aware of the exam day guidelines. VITEEE 2023 exam is going to be conducted in remote proctored online mode. The current VITEEE exam design was implemented as a result of the country's epidemic crisis. VITEEE shall be conducted in the candidate's home or any safe and pleasant place where the essential amenities and good internet bandwidth are available, in order to assure the candidates' and staff's safety. As the VITEEE exam is being administered in a new manner, candidates are advised to pay special attention to the VITEEE 2023 exam day regulations set by the VIT authorities.
In this article, we have covered the details about VITEEE 2023 Online Remote Proctored Examination (ORPE) and important VITEEE exam day guidelines.
VITEEE 2023 Exam Dates
The VITEEE application process is ongoing now and the exam tentatively scheduled to be conducted from April 15 to 21, 2023. Candidates can check the tentaive dates of the VITEEE exam 2023 from the table below.
|Commencement of VITEEE 2023 registration||November, 2022|
Last date to submit the VITEEE application form 2023
March 31, 2023
VITEEE Slot booking 2023
Third week of June, 2023
Release of VITEEE Admit Card 2023
Third week of June, 2023
VITEEE Exam 2023
April 15 to 21, 2023
Declaration of VITEEE result 2023
First week of July, 2023
VITEEE Counselling 2023
First week of July, 2023
Also read: Results of VITEEE 2023
What is Online Remote Proctored Exam (ORPE)?
Online Remote Proctored Exam (ORPE) is a contactless exam where the candidates will be able to take an exam from home by using their Laptop/ Desktop or Mobile. The candidates will be monitored through Web Camera or Front Camera during the exam, and there is no scope for malpractice. This mode of exam has become popular since 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. So, candidates should be aware of the VITEEE exam day guidelines and folllow it.
Requirements for VITEEE 2023 ORPE
As the candidates will need to take the VITEEE 2023 exam from home, the following requirements are mandatory to take the exam –
Laptop/ Desktop with a Web Camera, accepted laptop with their operating system are
- Apple macOS
- Microsoft Windows
- Ubuntu Linux
2. Secondary Device
Candidates can use the secondary device mentioned below
- Android mobile device with a front-facing camera
- iOS mobile device with a front-facing camera, with minimum OS version iOS 13 or above,
3) Network connection
- A stable network connection to each device with minimum bandwidth of 256 kpbs should be available throughout the test window period i.e. two hours (30 minutes for pretest checking and 90 minutes for actual test).
- The test platform will assess the network and device capacity and will allow the candidate to proceed only on the basis of satisfaction of the test requirements. Otherwise, the candidate may request for rescheduling.
- There is no scope for retest once candidates log-in and start their test
- The test will be terminated if there is any interruptions for longer than 5 minutes
4) Mock Examination
- Two VITEEE 2023 mock examinations to check the device compatibility will be available online. The link will be sent to the registered email / mobile of the candidate
- The applicants are requested to make arrangements for these devices and networks.
How to Take VITEEE 2023 OREP?
VIT University is conducting two proctored mock tests before the actual exam. The candidates will need to practice two tests to have an idea of the actual VITEEE exam pattern & mode. The dates and slots for mock tests have already been notified by VIT, and slot booking can be done accordingly. The candidates must note that the time & slot for Mock Test 1, 2 and Actual Exam will be the same. The process to practice the VITEEE 2022 mock test is as follows –
- Download the VITEEE 2023 Admit Card immediately after the VITEEE slot booking and take a printout of the same or save the soft copy on a mobile phone.
- On the day of the mock test/ actual exam, the candidates will receive a link on their E-Mail ID/ Mobile
- Click on the respective link to login from your Laptop/ Desktop
- At the same time, the candidates will need to log in from their mobile as well.
- Login details such as VIT E-Admit Card Number/ Registration Number are mandatory.
- The verification process will start at least one hour before the exam where the candidates need to show their E-Admit Card and ID (Aadhaar Card/ PAN/ Ration Card/ any ID issued by Government) through a webcam. Therefore, the candidates will need to log in one hour before the commencement of the exam.
- The candidates will be receiving proctored messages on the screen from time to time. Follow the instructions specified by the proctor.
- The webcam or front camera should be clear and must be turned on till the exam concludes.
VITEEE 2023 Exam Day Instructions for Proctored Test
Candidates appearing for VITEEE 2023 Online Remote Proctored Examination (ORPE) must follow the given VITEEE exam day guidelines for the smooth conduct of the exam.
- Candidates must note that the slot book for mock test 1 will be final for 2nd mock test and actual exam. For example, if a candidate chooses Mock Test 1A, then the slot for the actual exam will be VITEEE 1A. This is just to avoid confusion.
- Keep the Laptop/ Mobile fully charged
- The candidates will need to take the exam in a quiet place at their home without any disturbances
- Desktop/ Laptop must only have an external audio output, and the candidates should not connect headsets or Bluetooth device
- The test taker must be the sole occupant in the room, and no other person is allowed to sit beside or opposite the candidate
- Before the actual exam, two mock tests are compulsory for all the applicants
- The link to take mock test/ actual test will be shared via E-Mail and SMS
- The first mock test will be auto-proctored, and there will be no checking
- The second mock test will be monitored by the VIT faculty through Web/ Front Camera. The candidates must keep both Desktop/Laptop and Mobile connected
- The candidates will need to make their own arrangements for an online proctored test such as Laptop/ Desktop/ Smart Phone and Internet Connection
- Exactly one hour before the exam starts, the candidates will need to login and complete the attendance & verification process
- The candidates will need to show the E-Admit Card & ID Proof through the Front Camera/ Web Camera
- The candidates will need to keep sign-in, and the exam will start automatically as per the scheduled time
- The total duration of the exam is 90 minutes, and it will close exactly after the specified duration
- The questions will be MCQ-based, and the candidates need to select the appropriate option
- During the exam, the candidate must keep only the exam tab open. Browsing other pages through different tabs is strictly prohibited
- During the online test, the candidates will keep receiving messages from the invigilator if required. Follow these instructions carefully
- Once the test starts, the candidates will not be allowed to take a re-test
- If there is a disruption of the internet for more than 5 minutes, the test will automatically be terminated
- If you face any issue while taking the online test, you can directly Video Chat with the invigilator
VITEEE 2023 Primary Device Technical Requirements (Mandatory)
Specifications of the device: Apple macOS: 64-bit macOS is supported, with macOS 10.11 as the minimum version (El Capitan).
Microsoft Windows: 64-bit Windows on AMD or Intel CPUs, with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 as supported OS versions.
Ubuntu Linux: 64-bit Ubuntu on AMD or Intel CPUs, with Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.04 as supported OS versions.
a second device (Mandatory) Android mobile device with a front-facing camera, Android 8 or higher OS version, and Chrome (version 80 or higher) or Edge browser (version 45 or above) iOS mobile device with front-facing camera, iOS 13 or above operating system, and Safari browser (version 13 or above)
Connection to the Internet (Mandatory)
- Throughout the two-hour test session, each device should have a reliable network connection with a minimum upload/download bandwidth of 256 kbps (30 minutes for pretest checking and 90 minutes for actual test).
- The exam platform will evaluate network and device capacity and will only allow the candidate to advance if the exam criteria are met. Otherwise, the applicant has the option of requesting a reschedule.
- Retakes will not be permitted once the candidate has logged in and begun the examination.
- The exam will be cancelled if there is any interruption for more than 5 minutes during the test.
- When there is a deviation, there will be auto-proctored notifications.
- Candidates are advised to follow any auto-proctored message notifications. Most of them are serious and may result in the test being terminated.
Related links and articles
We hope that the above guidelines helped you in understanding the online proctored exam process of VITEEE 2022. If you still have queries on the same, you can ask the same through the Q & A section.