All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) (AILET - 2017)
Jan 09, 2017
May 07, 2017
May 22, 2017
AILET 2017 - Counselling Updates
National Law University, Delhi conducts Ail India Law Entrance Test (AILET) for the admission to law courses. The candidates can check the detailed selection and counselling process here.
Selection Process: -
- A merit list will be published on the official website of AILET after the announcement of results.
- The selection will be based on the marks secured by the candidates in AILET examination.
Counselling Process: -
- The candidates whose name is there in the merit list need to remit the counselling fee by the stipulated date.
- After the payment of counselling fee, the candidates will receive confirmation from the authorities.
- The admission letter will be issued only after the remittance of counselling fee.
- Later, the candidates have to deposit the course fee on or before the stipulated date and confirm the admission.
- The entire process of counselling will take place in offline mode.
- NLU conducts only spot round of counselling and the process is mentioned above.
- While attending the counselling process, the candidates need to carry a Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000, and other required documents.
- NLU offers around 80 seats in the five-year integrated law programme.
AILET Counselling FAQ
1) I am general category.How many seats are covers under AILET Exmaination?
There are 52 seats for general category.
2) Will there be any quota facility available?
Yes, 15% of total seats are reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% of total are reserved for ST and 3% for person with disabilities. One seat will be reserved for Kashmiri Migrants. 10 seats are reserved for foreign nationals. Also, foreign national applicants are exempted from taking AILET exam.
3) What is the fee structure for B.A. L.L.B (Hons). program at National Law University, Delhi ?
Fee (Approximate) Rs. Rs.85,000/- .
4) Does the University offer any scholarships to meritorious candidates?
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India has approved the name of National Law University, Delhi for Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Schedule Caste (SC) students. Under this scheme five scholarships per year have been allocated to National Law University, Delhi. The Scholarship would cover tuition fee, boarding lodging charges, books and stationery expenses and one computer system for the eligible SC students.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India has approved the name of National Law University, Delhi for Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe (ST) students. The Scholarship would cover tuition fee, boarding lodging charges, books and stationery expenses and one computer system for the eligible ST students.
- Government of NCT of Delhi has approved Post Matric Scholarships.
- Financial assistance is given to deserving students from endowment created by Dr. Santosh Chawla.
- Fee waiver is provided by the Vice-Chancellor to the deserving and needy students.
5) I am SC/ST student.How many seats are covers under AILET Exmaination?
There are 16 seats for SC/ST category.
6) Can parents attend the counseling instead of the candidate?
No, physical presence of the candidate is a must on the day of counseling.
7) What is the Counselling fee?
Counselling fee is the payment made by a candidate to show his/her seriousness/commitment in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s). Counselling fee is not a separate fee, it is the adjustable advance paid which subsequently gets adjusted at the time of admission from the fee payable to the respective University by a candidate.
8) I am J&K student.How many seats are covers under AILET Exmaination?
There are 02 seats for J&K student.
Note: One additional seat for Kashmiri Migrants. Two supernumerary seats for the residents of Jammu & Kashmir. The candidates have to appear in the AILET and fulfill the eligibility criteria as applicable.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place